• Please log in to reply
256 replies to this topic

#121 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:54 PM

First, the post wasn't intended for you or anyone on this board for that matter. Generally speaking, people call her a slut and put her personal life on blast for no reason.

Secondly, I've watched the video plenty of times, and I found nothing "slutty" about it. She's probably going to have to revise the new choreography, but notice how there's only one shot of her on the pole people keep using to prove their point, the one you just posted. She goes down on a pole situated on an ice cream cart for literally two seconds and some are crying for bloody murder. That wasn't even a dance. She held onto the pole for balance till she busted out the MJ move.

Apparently, Miley Cryrus' performances are provocative, which makes me laugh, because when Britney Spears made her "Baby, One More Time" video, she was 17, and it's already dubbed one of her best videos. Christina Aguilera rolls around in dirt and people fall in love with her.

To each his/her own I guess. I just feel bad people are constantly picking on this girl.

#122 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 26, 2009 - 02:28 PM

I thought Britney was a slut from the beginning as well. :laughing: But that was her gimmick, she started out as a Disney Channel girl as well, but she went away for a while and THEN came back like that. We also live in different times now than then, TMZ and all this stuff that wasn't really around then is just out to get all celebs. So I don't take it serious, people call all celebs names, they know who they are though, and that it comes with the job. As for the pole dance, we're just seeing it differently, you see an MJ move, I see her being inappropriate, no big deal. I don't think she's a slut because by definition I think that would mean she has sex with many guys which I don't think is true, but I do think all the photo 'leak' incidents and the dancing is a bit much.
Posted Image

#123 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:14 PM

Demi Lovato Miley Cyrus Beef/Drama?

http://perezhilton.com/2009-10-05-demi-doesnt-know-miley

Oooohh, dramz on the Miley-Demi front!!!

Although Miley seems to believe she and Demi are the best of friends, looks like the lines of communication between the two have been strained for quite some time.

Cyrus posted a seemingly cute message to Lovato on her official Twitter last night, reading:

Posted Image

"http://twitpic.com/k7dvd - Now this is what true friendship looks like. None of that hollywood crap. @ddlovato I miss you =]"

And Demi's fast reply?

Writes Lovato:

"Yeah.. It's just kind of hard to miss somebody that I don't know anymore."

Ouch!

I guess if Demi sees it and she'd know better than any of us, maybe Miley truly is changing too much & not for the better.

Miley Joins In For Sex?!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-29-miley-joins-in-for-sex

#124 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:34 PM

Lol Demi Lovato is awesome. I love how she didn't play along with Miley's BS just to look super friendly and Disney. Miley seems really fake to me, all the Christian stuff, all the friends with everyone stuff, not buying it, she seems like behind the scenes she'd be not so nice.

Edited by Weezy, October 04, 2009 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#125 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:35 PM

u guys are so mean.. u know damn well that if she was of age and wanted to date any of u.. u'd jump at the chance..

i like her.. and her music.. :rock:
Posted Image

#126 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,822 posts

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:47 PM

demi is cute (no pedo)

13z8pc6.jpg

#127 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:50 PM

u guys are so mean.. u know damn well that if she was of age and wanted to date any of u.. u'd jump at the chance..

i like her.. and her music.. :rock:

Well she's actually a few months older than me so I have no problem saying that although I would tap it, I would not date it.

On a side note, another deleted post Chicano? lol

Edited by Kid Ridiculous, October 04, 2009 - 09:50 PM.

Basketball Reasons...

#128 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted October 04, 2009 - 09:53 PM

That's odd. Just the day before Demi seemed fine with Miley.

They're both pretty awesome, and I'm pretty sure nothing serious is going on.

EDIT:
via Demi's twitter:

http://bit.ly/u3t3t - Hahahahahaaha too bad that's not who I was talking about. Nice one guys.
20 minutes ago from web

The link leads to the Perez Hilton Article.

Edited by ImaSweetie, October 05, 2009 - 12:11 AM.

#129 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,360 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted October 04, 2009 - 10:19 PM

I agree with Najia that they were fine...

But to me Demi and Selena are the true bffs

Miley is alright. I like her as a person (whatever I know of her), she isn't a great singer or actress but hey she's an entertainer. Haha. She entertains me.

BUT....

Selena and Demi FTW

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by artemis, October 04, 2009 - 10:28 PM.

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#130 LOdieschick07

LOdieschick07

Queen Laker Girl

• 4,102 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom

Posted October 05, 2009 - 12:17 AM

awww thats adorable.. i do LOVE selena!!
Posted Image

#131 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 05, 2009 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, where else was I gonna' put it? I wasn't gonna' make a new thread on the Demi Miley news story since there's already this official miley cyrus thread so to speak & it could easily go in here. A lot of people, in fact, most people, don't think this way or these things, instead they just make new threads constantly and don't even consider putting whatever news story or article they're breaking into a thread where it can easily go already that's been started already,

& two, this being the case, I knew ahead of time & I didn't like it that I would have to get rid of the previous post in this thread because had I not, then I'd be making a double post and some people get upset when people do double posts or triple posts or more and then accuse of them of post-padding or etc, so I didn't want that to be the case and get hated on unjustly. It's an almost no win situation, but had I just taken the other route of posting this news story in a new thread altogether and not having to remove anything and worry about a double post or more and accusations of post-padding or whatever, then I would've possibly been criticized by some possibly as well for making a new thread on this and not just putting it into the miley cyrus official thread instead where i would've had to double post and then hear accusations of post-padding.

& if i just edited the post, obviously that doesn't bump the thread at all as it's still buried as it was before and the majority of folks don't look past the first page of topics much less even the first half of the first page many times, & so I predicted & expected this kind of link & story I would be posting would interest some people and by evidence, it did at least a little, and had I just edited the post, probably no one or almost no one would've ever seen it, or at least definitely WAY less people by far.

So again, all in all, it was and is a no win situation.

But to me Demi and Selena are the true bffs

BUT....

Selena and Demi FTW

Posted Image

Hispanics stick together.

:beers:

Edited by Chicano, October 05, 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#132 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,992 posts

Posted October 05, 2009 - 07:59 PM

De-de-de-Demi!

#133 Black Sheep

Black Sheep

God

• 3,749 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:01 PM

miley looked really sexy at the country music awards

damn i should not have said that, shes jailbait to me

#134 artemis

artemis

Bruin

• 1,360 posts
  • Name:Artemis
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Lamar, Pau, Horry

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:07 PM

awww thats adorable.. i do LOVE selena!!

Hahaha yay big sis vee!

Rofl yup. They are a mixture though. Demi is Mexican, Italian, Irish. And Selena is half Mexican half Italian. Haha

De-de-de-Demi!

Hahha yay Andy! :laughing:

Btw. Demi and Miley both tweeted that Demi was not talking about Miley when she said she doesn't miss whoever. And late at night around 1 haha. I was up, they were like fake bickering on twitter. Wow.

If it wasn't for Demi, I'd call that dumb lol.

Edited by artemis, October 05, 2009 - 08:14 PM.

“It is by chance that we met, by choice that we became friends.”

Posted Image

rest in paradise bestie matt
8.13.1992 - 9.27.2010

#135 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:17 PM

Rofl yup. They are a mixture though. Demi is Mexican, Italian, Irish. And Selena is half Mexican half Italian. Haha

Well, that's what a lot of Hispanics are anyway, mixed themselves. Why do you think Hispanics/Latinos are the only race out there that you can see all of the major groups in? There's Whites in Hispanics/Latinos, Blacks, Indians, even Asians, etc. We are the most diverse. I myself am Mexican but ancestry & blood-wise literally, French & Spanish as well.

It's just wild, but back on point, sorry about my mini 411 rant, I definitely got your point, lol.

#136 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, where else was I gonna' put it? I wasn't gonna' make a new thread on the Demi Miley news story since there's already this official miley cyrus thread so to speak & it could easily go in here. A lot of people, in fact, most people, don't think this way or these things, instead they just make new threads constantly and don't even consider putting whatever news story or article they're breaking into a thread where it can easily go already that's been started already,

& two, this being the case, I knew ahead of time & I didn't like it that I would have to get rid of the previous post in this thread because had I not, then I'd be making a double post and some people get upset when people do double posts or triple posts or more and then accuse of them of post-padding or etc, so I didn't want that to be the case and get hated on unjustly. It's an almost no win situation, but had I just taken the other route of posting this news story in a new thread altogether and not having to remove anything and worry about a double post or more and accusations of post-padding or whatever, then I would've possibly been criticized by some possibly as well for making a new thread on this and not just putting it into the miley cyrus official thread instead where i would've had to double post and then hear accusations of post-padding.

& if i just edited the post, obviously that doesn't bump the thread at all as it's still buried as it was before and the majority of folks don't look past the first page of topics much less even the first half of the first page many times, & so I predicted & expected this kind of link & story I would be posting would interest some people and by evidence, it did at least a little, and had I just edited the post, probably no one or almost no one would've ever seen it, or at least definitely WAY less people by far.

So again, all in all, it was and is a no win situation.

You didn't have to write a Bible trying to explain yourself. It's not that serious.
Basketball Reasons...

#137 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:31 PM

^ It was worth it though to me & I type over 100 WPM easily (highest 125) so it wasn't much of a time-waster for me either.

Did I make any sense at all though on my points? Honestly? Can you at least understand why I did what I did based on all the examples, possibilities, & reasoning I gave you?

#138 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:39 PM

^ It was worth it though to me & I type over 100 WPM easily (highest 125) so it wasn't much of a time-waster for me either.

Did I make any sense at all though on my points? Honestly? Can you at least understand why I did what I did based on all the examples, possibilities, & reasoning I gave you?

Who knows. I'm not gonna read that entire post over something this petty. I'm not trying to prove a point and you shouldn't be trying to either.

Take a deep breath and move on.

Basketball Reasons...

#139 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted October 05, 2009 - 08:43 PM

^ Actually, you kinda did by taking a cheap shot at me so I felt inclined to respond & defend myself & I didn't really attack you I'd say in the process. Trust me since I know you haven't read the whole thing or at least you say you haven't. My reasons are pretty legit. Just wanted to see if you agreed at all & could understand where I'm coming from a little better and why I did what I did.

#140 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts

Posted October 05, 2009 - 09:02 PM

^ Actually, you kinda did by taking a cheap shot at me so I felt inclined to respond & defend myself & I didn't really attack you I'd say in the process. Trust me since I know you haven't read the whole thing or at least you say you haven't. My reasons are pretty legit. Just wanted to see if you agreed at all & could understand where I'm coming from a little better and why I did what I did.

I don't take cheap shots at people. Trust me, if I really wanted to take a shot at you it wouldn't be a cheap one.

Everyone knows you delete posts on a regular basis and I'm not the first one to call you out on it:

http://lakernation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/28340-use-the-edit-button/

If you took it so personally to the point where you felt inclined to write your life story then its whatever. That's your own insecurity, not mine.

Basketball Reasons...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users