#101 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted September 25, 2008 - 09:22 PM

Miley Cyrus will have lovers and have haters.

true
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#102 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted September 26, 2008 - 12:15 AM

Miley Cyrus will have lovers and have haters.

The lovers being pre-teen girls, the haters being everybody else.

[/THREAD]
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#103 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 25, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

She's getting much too raunchy much too soon. :nah:

#104 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted September 25, 2009 - 02:03 PM

That's funny you mention that Chicano, there was an article in the OC Register 2 days ago about that very thing in the entertainment section. It was kind of a review of her concert but the reviewer mainly talked about how hard she's trying to shed her Disney image and act adult and it's coming off as a bit much. I'd have to agree with the article, short shorts, stripper poles, and according the article kinda suggestive dancing where she slaps her 'inner thigh', she's only 16, too young to be acting this way.
Posted Image

#105 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted September 25, 2009 - 02:05 PM

That's funny you mention that Chicano, there was an article in the OC Register 2 days ago about that very thing in the entertainment section. It was kind of a review of her concert but the reviewer mainly talked about how hard she's trying to shed her Disney image and act adult and it's coming off as a bit much. I'd have to agree with the article, short shorts, stripper poles, and according the article kinda suggestive dancing where she slaps her 'inner thigh', she's only 16, too young to be acting this way.

I got a kick out of that article, mainly because it's 100% true.

#106 KobeDynasty

KobeDynasty

-

• 3,910 posts

Posted September 25, 2009 - 03:44 PM

Anyone who likes Miley Cyrus should not be allowed to walk the streets.

333.jpg

#107 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted September 25, 2009 - 09:06 PM

Miley Likes It From Behind!

http://perezhilton.com/2009-09-25-miley-likes-it-from-behind

Oh, Slutty Cyrus!

Watch above - just after the 1:40 mark.

We have a feeling that bit of choreography is gonna be changed ASAP!

(Watch at from 1:40-1:51)

Some random comment from someone on YouTube:

What the crap she is supossed to be a role model 1:45 she is such a slut they should kick her off of disney little kids shouldnt look up to her shes the next jamie lynn spears shes gonna get prego...

#108 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted September 25, 2009 - 09:14 PM

imagine miley gets pregnant one of these days... :rolleyes:

#109 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,179 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997

Posted September 25, 2009 - 10:02 PM

^wouldn't surprise me at all lol.

and like in regards in people criticizing for her provocative dancing and what not, i think it's only gonna get worse. she's only going to get older and do more stuff. if it's what sells her brand, her people won't change anything.

#110 kb24_lakers

kb24_lakers

Katy Perry

• 7,108 posts
  • Name:JUAN
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe bryant

Posted September 25, 2009 - 10:11 PM

How can u guys judge a person without even knowing them personally? SMH

Its a must 4 celebrities to look good in front of camaras. And Miley does a good job at it as well as others celebrities.
[Lakers
Dodgers
RIP Amy Winehouse

#111 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 26, 2009 - 12:01 AM

She's about to be 17 so people really need to stop pretending that she's 13 or 14.

I still don't understand this obsession people have with celebrities and judging how they live their lives and present themselves. Especially since the majority of the people criticizing are middle class and know damn well they're not any more perfect as people than these celebrities are.

She's growing up, accept it.
Basketball Reasons...

#112 Weezy

Weezy

• 1,204 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 12:32 AM

All I'm saying is, despite that she's gonna be 17 soon, most of the people at her concert are kids, little girls. So she's a role model like it or not. And yeah the way she acts and dresses alone won't influence young girls, it's also on the parents, but she's sure not helping. I'm not judging how she lives her life, I'm judging what kind of a show she's putting on for her young fans.
Posted Image

#113 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:03 AM

All I'm saying is, despite that she's gonna be 17 soon, most of the people at her concert are kids, little girls. So she's a role model like it or not. And yeah the way she acts and dresses alone won't influence young girls, it's also on the parents, but she's sure not helping. I'm not judging how she lives her life, I'm judging what kind of a show she's putting on for her young fans.

My post wasn't directed at you. I would've quoted you if I was trying to respond to anything you've said in this thread.

But in all honesty she wants to be herself just as much as anyone else. She can't help that she's followed by young girls, if she was such a bad influence then these parents could stop them from listening to and watching her. Parents are role models, not celebrities. So if a kid looks up to a celebrity who's setting a bad example then that's on the parents, not them. Humans aren't perfect and at the end of the day people need to keep in mind that celebrities are still people too.

Edited by Thug, September 26, 2009 - 01:04 AM.

Basketball Reasons...

#114 LaLa

LaLa

Champ

• 7,900 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:06 AM

My post wasn't directed at you. I would've quoted you if I was trying to respond to anything you've said in this thread.

But in all honesty she wants to be herself just as much as anyone else. She can't help that she's followed by young girls, if she was such a bad influence then these parents could stop them from listening to and watching her. Parents are role models, not celebrities. So if a kid looks up to a celebrity who's setting a bad example then that's on the parents, not them. Humans aren't perfect and at the end of the day people need to keep in mind that celebrities are still people too.

+1...don't blame these celebs...blame the parents.
Posted Image
R.I.P. to my grandmother, 4/17/07 : (

#115 pkflyers

pkflyers

• 8,814 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:51 AM

imagine miley gets pregnant one of these days... :rolleyes:

shes dating a 20 year old (how thats legal i have no idea) i wouldnt be surprised

my little sisters love her thogh

13z8pc6.jpg

#116 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,072 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:48 AM

The girls who look up to her looked up to her ever since Hannah Montana hit broadcast tv. That was obviously when she was the goody goody girl and all, setting off a positive display of herself. At that time I was like oh ok whatever as long as she doesn't mess up. But of course the way she is now...eh i dunno. It's a bit disturbing, but I honestly cannot blame the girls who still like her now, because when you are little if you look up to someone it's like you look up to them all the way. You follow their music, movies, life etc. whatever it may be and it doesn't always hit everyone that something that particular person is doing is wrong. So this is where parents gotta step in and make that point clear. So of course Miley can't help that she's followed by young girls, but I'm sure she's aware she's a role model to many. So with that, maybe should at least take that into consideration and ease down the slight sexuality she puts into shows and whatnot. :nervous: that's just my .02

#117 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 07:50 AM

Posted Image

She's getting much too raunchy much too soon. :nah:

I agree, it's not good at all for her image and her career. She'll end up doing something so stupid she won't be able to go back on it at this rate, and the media will tear her apart so much for it, she'll end up nuts.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#118 Weezy

Weezy

• 1,204 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 11:16 AM

I don't expect her to be perfect and if she wants to dance like she is at her concerts that is her right. All I'm saying is whether she's a role model or not kids look up to her because she's 'Hannah Montana'. Yes, it's on the parents, I mentioned that myself, but I would think it would be a little more responsible on her part to dance a little less raunchy at least until she is an adult herself. If she wants a new fan base of older kids then I get it, but I can't imagine a lot of parents bringing their kids to her concert right now expecting it to be Disney clean are happy with her outfits and dances. From then on it will be on them, once they've learned she's like this now, to teach their kids not to be influenced by it, I'm just saying Miley is not making it easy on them, kids love her.
Posted Image

#119 Riot

Riot

Trojan

• 5,201 posts
  • Fan Since:'95

Posted September 26, 2009 - 12:26 PM

I don't get it. She's 16, almost 17 and people criticize her so much. The kind of hate Kanye got the other night is the kind she gets every single time she steps out of her house. You don't have to like her, but when you start calling her a "slut" and all that mess, it makes no sense. I think it's normal for her to want to grow up a little faster. Every girl at that age does.

Everyone blows everything she does out of proportion. She got a fake nose piercing and CNN reported about it. Really guys? Stripper poles? I'm sorry. I guess I skipped the part where I saw someone stripping on it. She started Hannah Montana when she was, what...12? It's been almost 5 years since then. Her fans are basically growing up with her.

Last month, I asked my friend's 6 year old sister if she liked Miley Cyrus. She said, "No, because she's a slut." If a 6 year old knows what "slut" means, has anyone ever thought that maybe the problem isn't Miley Cyrus?

Then there are those who want to tell her how she should do this and that, then direct her parents. I don't see her running around with alcohol in her hand or jumping from one club to another. And if someone tried to tell my parents how to raise me, I know I would give them a big EFF YOU, so good for her and her parents for not backlashing at the media or anyone.

Miley Cyrus is a straight out entertainer. I've seen her concert, and I'll admit it. I had a blast. My 12 year old cousin had a blast too. Her music makes you want to dance and the energy she puts into every single number is incredible.

Stop hating on the girl.

#120 Weezy

Weezy

• 1,204 posts

Posted September 26, 2009 - 01:13 PM

Who called her a slut? All I've read is that her dancing isn't really appropriate for her audience and she should tone it down. You can't tabloid sites serious if they call her a slut, that's what they do. The Vanity Fair pics were blown out of proportion, the nose ring thing sounds stupid and overreaction, most of the stuff about her in her personal life is stupid and overreaction, but I don't think the concert stuff is. And about the stripper pole, doesn't really matter if she's not stripping, I don't think the dance she did with the pole is appropriate for a kid her age, maybe you just don't see it because you're close to her age, but I'm 25 and she's a kid to me and it looks wrong.

Posted Image

She may not be a slut, but that's slutty dancing to me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users