Lakers' bench players are at a loss

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted March 18, 2009 - 09:48 AM

The roller-coaster ride the Lakers' bench has been on recently took another drop to the bottom.
It also left one of those bench players, Josh Powell, explaining how some players on the bench have voiced too many opinions.

"We have guys bickering out there a little bit too much," Powell said. "We can't have that."

It's about the second unit sharing the basketball. It's about that group running the offense.

When asked why that hasn't been happening, Farmar tried to provide an answer.

"I don't think it's anything major," he said. "I think it's the little things, a step here and there, helping each other defensively, making the extra pass, playing unselfish, playing with a purpose on offense and on defense."

Maybe the players on the second unit are not trusting each other, or not making the extra pass, or worse, becoming selfish.

"I think it's a little bit of everything," Powell said. "I know it's been happening a lot to us lately. We come in there and not really do our part. The first unit came out and got a lead and we kind of let that slip away.

"It could be a little bit of everything. It could be not focusing, worrying about the wrong things. I don't think that like effort-wise we're not trying. I just think it's attention to detail."

latimes

i blame sasha and jordan for all of these, they are always 'fighting' while playing and it affects their play, the 2 guys that 'sort' of run the second unit don't because of personal agendas.

this has been going on for months and they have not found an answer, but jordan says 'they'll be fine' sure :unsure:

#2 destiny-dynasty

destiny-dynasty

Rookie

• 368 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 18, 2009 - 12:26 PM

I didn't realize how much LO made the 2nd unit better. I mean, the second unit was one of the best. Then LO made a smooth transition to starter and they started slipping, and Luke tried to stabilize them like he had the starting unit. Turns out, Trevor made the starting unit much better and Luke made the 2nd unit just as bad. I guess Luke, Sasha, and Jordan just don't cut it. Luckily, Bynumite will be coming off the bench and solve our bench problems in April. Meanwhile, the 2nd unit needs to find that championship mentality and step up and earn those big bucks they're getting paid.

#3 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 18, 2009 - 12:41 PM

Vlad's somewhere in Charlotte laughing his butt off :angry:
I don't know dude... aside from powell's answer which was a very responsible reply, I just ain't feeling jordan's response to the whole thing and Sasha won't talk about it. You even saw it between the two of them when they were walking back towards the bench arguing with each other last night.

#4 Beethovenite

Beethovenite

Veteran

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:1994
  • Fav. Laker:Chick Hearn

Posted March 18, 2009 - 12:43 PM

I bet you Josh Powell has nothing to do with this...

I have a hunch this has ALL to do with Farmar's cockiness and Sasha's stupidity...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users