#61 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:19 PM

So, Kobe shooting 5 of 24 was bad Lakers defense?

Don't get caught up in blaming the Lakers for a lack of effort.

Utah is a good team, especially at home.

Andrew Bynum, 6 fouls in 7 minutes. That is almost a physical impossibility.

It's okay to blame the refs. It makes a lot more sense than acting as if the Lakers don't want to win.

Nahh Lakers completely think high of themselves, they think teams will bow to them and not try and get the lead back. Kobe took the game into his hands again, Pau was basically a trash-can on defense did nothing, too many jump shots this game......lets see if they'll "kick into that extra gear" saturday...

#62 tru'tildeath

tru'tildeath

Rookie

• 768 posts
  • Fav. Laker:chick hearn

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:39 PM

I don't think this tonight was about defense. This was about getting lazy on offense once we got a big lead.

something about this annoys me. maybe because I picture phil and kobe thinking the same way. offense comes and goes as kobe often says and having a lead like they did today, they should as a team, collectivly be only thinking about getting stops and making the game harder an harder for the other team. But unfortunetly offense is still number 1 for this team, they go as their offense goes and saying on any night, even when true just doesn't send the right message.

#63 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted April 23, 2009 - 10:43 PM

other Teams (Portland, Houston, Denver...etc) take notice on this so they realize that if in fact the Lakers are winning by 15+ points they always have a chance to come back. While with Boston, Cleveland their opponents have no confidence to comeback, which leads to more missed shots because of the lack of confidence a lot of 1 on 1 play. lakers have sent the wrong type of message to teams. Sorry but you just Switch gears....especially in the playoffs.

#64 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted April 27, 2009 - 09:56 PM

Another one, but to be fair our third string was in.
Still no excuse for that.

#65 Black Mamba

Black Mamba

Off The Bench

• 2,114 posts
  • Fan Since:1998 All-Star Game
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:00 PM

Another one, but to be fair our third string was in.
Still no excuse for that.

Yeah our bench was going through the motions, and the Utah bench wasn't content with playing garbage minutes so they hustled.

Funny Phil awaited until the lead got to about 11 to call timeout. Once the starters came back the floodgate was already opened, and we couldn't stop it. They cut it to six, and thanks to a few missed layups, maybe some no-calls, and we end up winning on free throws at the end of the game.
Andre Iguodala via Twitter - It's not even close...and I'm not talkin bout the score.

#66 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:03 PM

Trust me TLN, Lakers as much as its bad they don't play 100% all the time as much as i want them too they don't but i'm confident that they play well when needed.

#67 GP1_KB24

GP1_KB24

Dedication 4.

• 20,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe & Dwight.

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:06 PM

Trust me TLN, Lakers as much as its bad they don't play 100% all the time as much as i want them too they don't but i'm confident that they play well when needed.

I wish I could trust you. But we already gave up a lead and lost a game in this series. I wish we could just learn how to freakin finish!!!!!

5 Letters... 'YMCMB'

Posted Image

#68 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,728 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:26 PM

We have given up double-digit leads in all five games of this series. Something's gotta give.

#69 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted April 27, 2009 - 10:43 PM

We play down to our opponents level, as we advance farther and farther the teams will get harder. In that case if we do play down to our opponents level it wont be that far away from our best because the other teams are really good too. i am excited to start playing some real teams.

#70 hi_ma

hi_ma

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:47 AM

Its at the expense of guys getting rest. had PJ not sat guys early last night it would not have been an issue. hopefully PJ shortens rotation, but nontheless our D late in games has been epic
Kobe's official reign of terror is about to get its jump off on.

#71 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted April 28, 2009 - 07:57 AM

Yeah our bench was going through the motions, and the Utah bench wasn't content with playing garbage minutes so they hustled.

Funny Phil awaited until the lead got to about 11 to call timeout. Once the starters came back the floodgate was already opened, and we couldn't stop it. They cut it to six, and thanks to a few missed layups, maybe some no-calls, and we end up winning on free throws at the end of the game.

We have many games left to play while it was the Jazz last hurrah. They didn't expect to come all the way back, but judging by the grin on Kyle Korver's face, they had a blast making the run. Scoreboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users