#1 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts
  • Name:Kevin
  • Fan Since:1985 @ Birth
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:59 PM

even in the shaq days we used to give up big leads its always been an annoying uneccesary habit, i kno this game is not a big deal but its not like come layoff time Lakers are just gonna maintain leads, habits stick with you and thats what scares me....

Edited by Mr. Laker, March 20, 2009 - 07:00 AM.

#2 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts
  • Fav. Laker:#32.

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:01 PM

If they couldn't learn from this game, then IDK.

Posted Image

#3 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:02 PM

The biggest problem is that people are automatically assuming that we'll be able to maintain leads come playoff time, magically turn on the switch and cruise to victory without giving an effort. Reality check: that will never be the case. Where's the proof? Game 4 of the 2008 Finals, where we squandered that huge lead. Unless we learn how to maintain big leads (which we haven't been doing over the last few games), we're in for a tough postseason.

#4 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:04 PM

The biggest problem is that people are automatically assuming that we'll be able to maintain leads come playoff time, magically turn on the switch and cruise to victory without giving an effort. Reality check: that will never be the case. Where's the proof? Game 4 of the 2008 Finals, where we squandered that huge lead. Unless we learn how to maintain big leads (which we haven't been doing over the last few games), we're in for a tough postseason.

exactly my point i understand that fans would think this but my fear is that the players are thinking the same thing...and if thats the case then we can kiss this goodbye....Posted Image

#5 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:07 PM

Let Shannon Brown get all of Vujacic's pt....
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#6 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:08 PM

Let Shannon Brown get all of Vujacic's pt....

you cant just put the blame on sasha...shannon came in and didnt do anything at all he seemed very scared when they pressured him in full court and the only sasha is going to get his shot back is to continue shooting plain and simple

#7 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:10 PM

you cant just put the blame on sasha...shannon came in and didnt do anything at all he seemed very scared when they pressured him in full court and the only sasha is going to get his shot back is to continue shooting plain and simple

Its almost the 70th game of the season how many games does it take for someone to get there shot back.

Mbenga should of also got some pt, when Evans went in.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#8 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:13 PM

Its almost the 70th game of the season how many games does it take for someone to get there shot back.

Mbenga should of also got some pt, when Evans went in.

obviously you've never played basketball competitivly...when you are a PURE shooter and your shot is off it takes a while to get it back(and i mean a role playing pure shooter)
i would rather him miss shots now then playoffs

#9 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:15 PM

obviously you've never played basketball competitivly...when you are a PURE shooter and your shot is off it takes a while to get it back(and i mean a role playing pure shooter)
i would rather him miss shots now then playoffs

When was the last time a PURE shooter went through a bad 82 game season and regained it in the play-offs, watch some basketball dont question me because you dont know me and spell properly.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#10 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:18 PM

When was the last time a PURE shooter went through a bad 82 game season and regained it in the play-offs, watch some basketball dont question me because you dont know me and spell properly.

so your judging my basketball knowledge based on how i spell over the internet?
as i said a role playing pure shooter that plays off confidence takes a while is it taking longer than usual...yes, but like i said he needs to shoot himself out of it...the only way...

#11 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:20 PM

so your judging my basketball knowledge based on how i spell over the internet?
as i said a role playing pure shooter that plays off confidence takes a while is it taking longer than usual...yes, but like i said he needs to shoot himself out of it...the only way...

But when was the last time a PURE shooter struggled so bad in the season then suddenly caught fire in the playoffs?
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#12 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:24 PM

But when was the last time a PURE shooter struggled so bad in the season then suddenly caught fire in the playoffs?

Like i said it is definitely taking longer than it should, but less playing time=less shots=less points=less confidence

#13 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, it's just disgusting really. Boston & Cleveland don't nearly do this as much, not even close. I'm jealous of them in that regard, especially Boston, their killer instinct and greater mental toughness.

#14 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:28 PM

Yeah, it's just disgusting really. Boston & Cleveland don't nearly do this as much, not even close. I'm jealous of them in that regard, especially Boston, their killer instinct and greater mental toughness.

yea...but hopefully the team understands it and changes their mentality cause thats what it is its a state of mind to completely tear your opponents heart out and throw it in their face.

#15 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:29 PM

Amazing how you would think Sasha was even a reason for this loss....

We're always giving up leads, it's been happening all season but we've been getting lucky coming out with wins. It was just a matter of time before we were gonna lose one. We'll be fine.
Posted Image

#16 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:31 PM

We're always giving up leads, it's been happening all season but we've been getting lucky coming out with wins. It was just a matter of time before we were gonna lose one. We'll be fine.

yea aha every loss its blamed on sasha or lamar....

#17 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:31 PM

yea...but hopefully the team understands it and changes their mentality cause thats what it is its a state of mind to completely tear your opponents heart out and throw it in their face.

You can only hope so much sadly. How many times does this have to happen for them to learn? It's just way too often and they're seemingly stubborn thinking they're just gonna' escape every time, well sadly, that's not true and that's not reality. You consistently keep putting yourself in that position mostly on your own fault and you will pay the price for sure. It's VERY concerning to say the least. Even Stu pointed this out and he was dead serious.

#18 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:32 PM

Oh your right he had no fault in Phillys 4th quarter run. Im a Farmar fan but im not going too deny when he plays bad, face the facts. Yes like i stated before most of the team minus Pau and LO played bad today but you cant keep defending him like he has done anything today let alone all year.

Edited by popo, March 17, 2009 - 10:35 PM.

Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#19 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:33 PM

Yeah I know I have a better chance eliminating steroids in baseball but we all really need to get over this loss.

Especially the Lakers.

We got alot of work to do regaining a solid Killer Instinct !!!

Lakers should have a Fun practice tomorrow as Phil probably drills an extra 20 suicide runs or something like that.

Take it for what it is, WAKE UP CALL !!!!

NOW Lets handle our business the rest of the season!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Mr. Laker

Mr. Laker

Re-Signed Member

• 3,929 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:38 PM

Oh your right he had no fault in Phillys 4th quarter run. Im a Farmar fan but im not going too deny when he plays bad, face the facts. Yes like i stated before most of the team minus Pau and LO played bad today but you cant keep defending him like he has done anything today let alone all year.

sasha was 2-4 2 assists and only one turnover which was that jump ball.....how can this loss at all be on sasha

You can only hope so much sadly. How many times does this have to happen for them to learn? It's just way too often and they're seemingly stubborn thinking they're just gonna' escape every time, well sadly, that's not true and that's not reality. You consistently keep putting yourself in that position mostly on your own fault and you will pay the price for sure. It's VERY concerning to say the least. Even Stu pointed this out and he was dead serious.

i hope hope hope that they do if the 24 point game doesn't do anything i don't know what will

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users