109 replies to this topic

#101 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,328 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted April 07, 2009 - 12:32 PM

State looked like they didn't belong there. And they were dang near at home.

veqdeg.jpg

#102 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 07, 2009 - 12:37 PM

^ Dang near at home? LMFAO!!

They WERE AT HOME DUDE! 72,000 people and the majority were green shirts, yet they STILL got DOMINATED. Hahaha. CAROLINA BABY!! WOOOOOO!!

#103 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:06 PM

That was so unfair :lol:

Still amazing what Michigan State was able to accomplish considering that they aren't an elite program, thus they don't land the big recruits, and that they recruit mainly from the Midwest region.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, April 07, 2009 - 02:08 PM.

#104 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:12 PM

That was so unfair :lol:

Still amazing what Michigan State was able to accomplish considering that they aren't an elite program, thus they don't land the big recruits, and that they recruit mainly from the Midwest region.

WTF? Are you effin' CRAZY? :lol:

You must SERIOUSLY NOT follow college basketball. That had to be horrid sarcasm or something. Michigan State NOT an elite program? NOT able to land big recruits? Wow, just wow.

No offense man, but think before you talk next time, and UNFAIR? Wahwah.. they played in their HOME for goodness sakes! Unfair for the TAR HEELS, YES! 72,000 effin' people, majority green [expletive]s, detroit michigan and all.. c'mon man! You're makin' me act like Cheryl now.

#105 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:20 PM

WTF? Are you effin' CRAZY? :lol:

You must SERIOUSLY NOT follow college basketball. That had to be horrid sarcasm or something. Michigan State NOT an elite program? NOT able to land big recruits? Wow, just wow.

No offense man, but think before you talk next time, and UNFAIR? Wahwah.. they played in their HOME for goodness sakes! Unfair for the TAR HEELS, YES! 72,000 effin' people, majority green [expletive]s, detroit michigan and all.. c'mon man! You're makin' me act like Cheryl now.

Wait a minute, maybe you misinterpreted what I wrote, or I wrote it in a crappy manner :lol:

They are a good program, considering they got all the way to the championship game, but they don't have the recruiting power of a powerhouse like North Carolina that has recruits coming in from everywhere. They do much of their recruitment from the Midwest though (http://msuspartans.c...baskbl-mtt.html), and I thought that was pretty amazing considering that they don't get the same superstar college players that elite programs (the likes of North Carolina, Duke, etc.) are so accustomed to getting every few seasons.

Oh well, if I'm wrong, blame it on PMS. I heard it there first ;)

And by unfair, I meant that they were severely outmatched. North Carolina is heads and shoulders above their competition.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, April 07, 2009 - 02:30 PM.

#106 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:29 PM

^ Ah sorry about that.. not your fault. Blame it on them indeed. Especially if any of that came outta' Petros' mouth, he especially doesn't know [expletive], lol.

#107 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:31 PM

^ Ah sorry about that.. not your fault. Blame it on them indeed. Especially if any of that came outta' Petros' mouth, he especially doesn't know [expletive], lol.

I'm positive though that they don't land as many huge recruits as North Carolina does, that's what I meant by elite program. They're definitely a great basketball program, but they don't have that recruitment power, you know?

#108 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:34 PM

^ I'll agree that RIGHT NOW, they don't have it to the level of Carolina, but there's always a time when they do. They've had a ton of players go to the NBA in the past and will continue to, but yeah, right now, mainly because Carolina is a REAL hot spot, always has been consistently, but especially now, probably #1 as far as recruits, up there with Duke, Kentucky, and Memphis to name a few, though that'll change now that Calipari's gone.

#109 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,755 posts

Posted April 07, 2009 - 02:40 PM

^ I'll agree that RIGHT NOW, they don't have it to the level of Carolina, but there's always a time when they do. They've had a ton of players go to the NBA in the past and will continue to, but yeah, right now, mainly because Carolina is a REAL hot spot, always has been consistently, but especially now, probably #1 as far as recruits, up there with Duke, Kentucky, and Memphis to name a few, though that'll change now that Calipari's gone.

For sure. Every team has their time where they land the big player that makes them relevant, but the colleges that land the biggest recruits are those that you mentioned. The Tar Heels are always going to have an influx of great basketball talent, it's inevitable.

But, after taking a look at Michigan's roster, I have to say, I'm definitely impressed with Tom Izzo as a coach. Putting together a solid squad out of mostly local kids (plus those from neighboring states) and taking them as far as he did up until the game against a powerhouse like North Carolina is definitely impressive.

#110 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted April 08, 2009 - 03:51 PM

^ Yeah, no doubt, they took down TWO #1 seeds before getting embarrassed by UNC. That's impressive in itself.

Carolina Baby! WOOO!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users