35 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted June 08, 2009 - 09:55 AM

I think they could be...

Which means I'll have to sell my current iPhone soon.

Yeah the rumors are that a new iphone will be released today. I'm planning on selling my current phone, my ipod, as well as some other things.

and Kam, how much does the iphone plan run? I know how much they are to buy, but i'm talking about the phone plan you need to buy for the service and stuff. Thanks.

#22 GEMROC

GEMROC

Independent Queen working for her throne.

• 3,791 posts
  • Name:Cheryle

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:01 AM

Aren't they* revealing the new Apple iPhone today at the WWDC today? :) :omg: :crazy:

[Edit]*

Dannngnabbit these typos are killin' meeeeh.

I think they could be...

Which means I'll have to sell my current iPhone soon.

I read somewhere that they're releasing like up to three new iPhones this year. Most likely due to competition with other phones? That true?

All I know is I will be getting the new iPhone as well 'cause my current contract with AT&T is going to expire like on June 15 so I will definitely iPhone whore it up. Haha, I love Apple. Such an apple whore. :blush: :(

Yeah the rumors are that a new iphone will be released today. I'm planning on selling my current phone, my ipod, as well as some other things.

and Kam, how much does the iphone plan run? I know how much they are to buy, but i'm talking about the phone plan you need to buy for the service and stuff. Thanks.

Wondering ze same thing!

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECS, boyeee.

Lakers branded | I love life and all its uncertainties. <3 | *TWEET ME:@CheryleLapitan

#23 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 10:45 AM

1:54 Forstall back after video. Now he talks about iPhone 3.0. This we’ve heard before. 100 new features, starting with cut copy and paste. Works with all apps, built in or downloaded from App Store. Undo gesture; shake and it undoes the last thing you did.

Landscape and landscape keyboard to Mail, Notes and Messages.

Speaking of messages, MMS. Send and receive photos, contacts, audio in real time over the cell network. 29 of carrier partners in 79 countries will launch around the world. AT&T later this summer. Boos!

Search: Search contacts, notes, e-mail, not just messages downloaded to phone, but also the ones back on your mail server. Adding Spotlight — a single location on homescreen to search across phone, including apps.

iTunes: Can rent and purchase movies right from your phone (getting scattered applause because this was announced at the launch of iPhone 3.0.) iTunes U as well (this might be new).

Parental controls: Added control of movies, TV shows and apps.

Tethering: Allows to share iPhone’s Internet connection with computer. Works with PCs. 22 carriers support. AT&T not on the list. Laughter because he skips right over that.

SunSpider JavaScript Benchmark: 3 X faster than iPhone 2.

HTTP 5 streaming audio and video. (Not Adobe Flash)

#24 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:29 AM

11:51 am The camera application has a switch that lets you swap between still photo and video mode. 30FPS, VGA with audio, auto-focus, auto-white balance, auto-exposure.

11:50 am Developers can take advantage of the camera too. But the best thing is -- it also captures video.

11:50 am Also features tap-to-focus. Tap on the part of the photo you want to focus, and it automatically does so. Automatically handles exposure and white balance. Better low-light sensitivity as well. Also, auto-macro -- as close as 10cm away.

11:49 am Vastly more pictures on Flickr from iPhones than any other phone. Now featuers 3MP auto-focus camera.

11:48 am Also has amazing features -- brand new camera.

11:48 am Supports OpenGL|ES 2.0 -- great for games. Supports 7.2Mbps HSPDA.

11:47 am 2.1x faster to launch Messages, 2.4x to load SimCity, 3.6x faster to load an Excel attachment, 2.9x
faster to load a large website.

11:47 am No front-facing video camera. The insides are entirely new, but the outside appears the same.

11:46 am He's now ready to tell us about a new version of the iPhone -- iPhone 3GS. S stands for speed.

#25 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted June 08, 2009 - 11:37 AM

12:00 pm Those are AT&T prices for new and qualifying customers; may vary elsewhere. Comes in black and white, as before.

11:59 am $199 for 16GB, $299 for 32GB.

11:59 am Ships with iPhone OS 3.0 for $199.

11:58 am Most eco-friendly iPhone yet -- arsenic-free glass, BRF-free, mercury-free LCD, etc.

11:58 am Improved battery life. Now up to 9 hours of internet surfing, 10 hours of video, 30 hours of audio, 12 hours of 2g talk-time, 5 hours of 3g talk-time.

11:57 am Instant remote wipe, encrypted iTunes backups.

11:57 am Something business have asked for -- data encryption, which iPhone 3GS supports.

11:56 am Support for Nike+

11:56 am New accessibility options -- VoiceOver for content and controls, zooming, color inversion, mono audio, etc.

11:55 am New compass app shows your orientation, integration with Maps -- if you double click, the map will reorientate itself.

11:55 am Also -- a digital compass.

11:55 am You can also ask "what's playing now?" and it will tell you. Or say "play more songs like this" and a genius playlist will be built.

11:54 am With the iPhone 3GS, you hold down the home button for a second and a voice control interface is brought up. Simply say things like "Call Scott Forstall" -- if there are more than one entries, it will ask which one you wanted (i.e. home, office, etc) -- or "play The Killers"

12:01 pm The iPhone 3GS will be available on June 19th.

12:01 pm The iPhone 3G 8GB will be available for $99 today.

12:00 pm Apple wants the iPhone to be more affordable. The existing 8GB iPhone 3G will remain -- for $99.

#26 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted June 08, 2009 - 06:21 PM

Can somebody riddle me this? Will the 3G, with the new updat coming, bea able to have video? Or do you have to upgrade to the 3G S to get the video?
Posted Image

#27 Dodgers2213

Dodgers2213

Rookie

• 411 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem

Posted June 08, 2009 - 06:23 PM

Verizon doesn't have the Iphone right?

I'm finally thinking of upgrading. My current phone is garbage
-9/11 Truth is far more stupid than Creation Science; The people in it are far more stupid than the people you meet in Creation Science. Their arguments are far more mixed up and confused and convoluted. You are likely to be left wondering why anyone with half a brain could possibly believe this.
-Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution"

#28 Alice

Alice

FIERCE

• 856 posts
  • Name:Alice
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Ron, Pau

Posted June 08, 2009 - 07:32 PM

I want one now :(

#29 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,366 posts

Posted June 09, 2009 - 08:38 AM

Can somebody riddle me this? Will the 3G, with the new updat coming, bea able to have video? Or do you have to upgrade to the 3G S to get the video?

You will have to get the 3G S to get the video.

#30 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,103 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989

Posted June 09, 2009 - 05:32 PM

Guess I have to wait till next year summer... I will stick with my 3G..
Posted Image

#31 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts
  • Name:Dale
  • Fan Since:1988
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 Trevor Ariza

Posted June 13, 2009 - 08:51 PM

I have a tmobile contract that's going to expire within 1 month and that fits perfectly for me.. when my contract ends im going to switch to AT&T and get my first iPhone.. I have an ipod touch for 1.5 years now and I love it, apps are addicting and kills time while waiting for my next class or even at work, but I always find myself needing to get online to look for directions to a restaurant or a place to chill but can't get to it cause my touch doesn't have 3G.. and for me that's the main reason im getting one..

And the one month wait will be good cause that gives apple enough time to hear feedbacks from customers who have the 3G S and report any bugs or hardware failure that's common with the 1st wave of this new kind of devices.. and my coworker will get his iPhone 3G S by next week so I can test it out myself and compare the speed with the 1st gen iPhone and the iPhone 3G.. But im really looking forward to getting one and Im counting down the days.. I ™ Apple!
:wub:

Edited by Dr.PhilUpOnU, June 13, 2009 - 08:51 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts

Posted June 17, 2009 - 04:02 PM

For those who want to buy the iPhone 3G S on friday 6/19/09 and dont want to fall in line or camp out in your local apple store, you can go to your local bestbuy store(the one that has a mobile section in it) and they will reserve a phone for you.. I just came back from my local bestbuy and all I had to do was put a $50 down payment and I cant pick it up on Friday @ 12:30..

Posted Image

#33 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,768 posts

Posted August 12, 2009 - 11:18 AM

Been a mac person for 4 years now....Just got a 3GS (32GB) for my Birthday (well, my birthday is Sunday) and I have to say I love it. Was with Verizon for about 5 years...

Just wanted to say how I LOVE this new phone...Only way Verizon gets me back is if they get the iPhone...period. And not this "crippled" crap they did with the LG Dare either (which is what I had).

#34 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts

Posted August 12, 2009 - 08:43 PM

iPhone peeps..

I need help, im looking to buy a car charger/input jack to hook up to my car.. any of you own one and can give me good points about it?

Thanks!

Posted Image

#35 vong

vong

Sixth Man

• 3,152 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Goku

Posted August 12, 2009 - 08:48 PM

why dont you buy one of these? i googled up car outlet btw LOL

Posted Image

my sister has one of those bought it at georgia for like $50 it has like 3~2? outlets though

Edited by vong, August 12, 2009 - 08:49 PM.

L7zqGhJ.png

alumni

#36 Dr.PhilUpOnU

Dr.PhilUpOnU

Starter

• 4,284 posts

Posted August 12, 2009 - 08:51 PM

why dont you buy one of these? i googled up car outlet btw LOL

Posted Image

my sister has one of those bought it at georgia for like $50 it has like 3~2? outlets though

not like that :lol:

like one of these..

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1218019641674

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users