10 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 16, 2009 - 09:33 PM

The Lakers led by 15 midway through the third quarter, but found themselves down six in the fourth, leading Jackson to observe that they had "perhaps a better killer instinct earlier in the year" and had "played around with teams at times."

A day later, his players brushed aside the notion that they sometimes lack a killer instinct, or even a finishing touch. "Teams are going to go on runs and sometimes you give up a lead," forward Lamar Odom said. "We expect it."

Then, after a pause, he added, "We kill them at the end of the game."

Kobe Bryant also wasn't overly concerned about Jackson's remark. "I think he's using that to motivate us," he said. "When we have an opponent down, we've been able to keep them down."

Good opponents, yes, for the most part. Bad opponents? Not always.

http://www.latimes.c...0,6834187.story

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 17, 2009 - 11:17 AM

"We kill them at the end of the game."

:yes:

We have Kobe aka "The Hope Killer" on our team after all ;)

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#3 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 12:47 PM

Our team has blown so many big leads this season that I don't think any of them should disagree with Phil Jackson.

#4 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:28 PM

Stu Lantz said it tonight too. No killer instinct.

What happened tonight is a prime example of what could happen when you give up big leads instead of stepping on the opponents throat and extending the lead.

I am glad we lost. I want someone besides Kobe to show me killer instinct.

The Lakers better get this crap out of their system. You would think they would have learned by now.

Newflash: Unless you wanna start playing with some balls, you will be blowing another 25 point lead to lose the championship, hell you might not even get to the Finals.

#5 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:30 PM

SHot selection for Kobe tonight?!?!?!??!?!!?

All the Threes and fallaway jumper running to the baseline,

Yes he makes it all the time but its good to change it up!!!!

We wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for him ,but straight up he lost the game for us tonight for sure!!!!
Posted Image

#6 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:32 PM

SHot selection for Kobe tonight?!?!?!??!?!!?

All the Threes and fallaway jumper running to the baseline,

Yes he makes it all the time but its good to change it up!!!!

We wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for him ,but straight up he lost the game for us tonight for sure!!!!

Yeah Kobe was the main reason we lost haha. Get out of here bro.

#7 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:33 PM

I hate to say it, but Kobe played like pure crap tonight. He acted as if his mind wasn't even on the game. I mean he fouled all the time, couldn't shoot and turned it over a lot. Not a typical Kobe game.

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:35 PM

I won't deny that Kobe played like crap. But to blame this loss on him? I'm sorry but Kobe didn't blow a fourteen point lead, the Lakers did.

#9 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996

Posted March 17, 2009 - 09:36 PM

Well I guess this loss was a good lesson. Phil knew what was going on. lol at the players brushing off phil

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#10 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:32 PM

Well I guess this loss was a good lesson. Phil knew what was going on. lol at the players brushing off phil

That's exactly the way you have to look at it. We've been beating teams almost like a spoiled child gets things the way he wants. With this loss I expect Phil to address ALOT of mistakes, the lakers to clean things up and get back on track

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 17, 2009 - 10:36 PM

Stu Lantz said it tonight too. No killer instinct.

What happened tonight is a prime example of what could happen when you give up big leads instead of stepping on the opponents throat and extending the lead.

I am glad we lost. I want someone besides Kobe to show me killer instinct.

The Lakers better get this crap out of their system. You would think they would have learned by now.

Newflash: Unless you wanna start playing with some balls, you will be blowing another 25 point lead to lose the championship, hell you might not even get to the Finals.

Great post, couldn't agree more. I loved when Stu said that, also because sometimes as some of us know, commentators, especially home commentators are reluctant to criticize or say anything bad about the team because they're complete homers or they're afraid or whatever, but sometimes, things need to be said and again I'm glad Stu did. He couldn't be any more on the money.

These guys have to look at themselves in the mirror and slap themselves or something. It starts individually. They all have to have more self pride and then it'll show as a whole as they leave it out on the floor. I know easier said than done and yadda yadda jibberish, but I can tell you right now, that some of the body language on some of the players on the team right now isn't good. They need to get their [expletive] together soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users