Teams win % against good/average/poor teams

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 16, 2009 - 12:41 AM

Here is how teams fare against other teams, by winning %, cuz of course that's all that matters when dealing with whole teams.

Starting with poor teams (last 10 in winning):
http://www.82games.c...09/TPSORT17.HTM
The Lakers pound on the worst teams, winning 96% of the time. Cleveland is a close 2nd with 94%, then Spurs, Magic, and Celts. But who cares about crap teams.

Vs Average teams (middle 10):
http://www.82games.c...09/TPSORT15.HTM
Boston takes care of them with 84% wins, and Cavs close again with 82%. Then Mavs, Hornets, and Lakers.

Best teams (top 10):
http://www.82games.c...09/TPSORT13.HTM
This is what matters, and the Lakers are first with 70%. Then the Magic are actually 2nd with 62%. Cavs are third, then Boston, then the Rockets with 52%. Only those 5 teams win most of their games against the top 10 teams.

I just found this interesting

#2 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:10 AM

wow. so we struggle against avg teams.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#3 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:19 AM

Top ten, middle ten and bottom ten changed throughout the season. Exsample is in Utah. They are, right now counted as a TOP 10 team, but they haven't always been in the top ten. When Utah beat the Lakers, Utah was actually what would be considered as a MIDDLE TEAM, so how does the stat work? Does it automatically update Utah as a TOP team and the percentage drops? or did it already register it as a average team loss?

Edited by Base, March 16, 2009 - 01:21 AM.

#4 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:36 AM

Top ten, middle ten and bottom ten changed throughout the season. Exsample is in Utah. They are, right now counted as a TOP 10 team, but they haven't always been in the top ten. When Utah beat the Lakers, Utah was actually what would be considered as a MIDDLE TEAM, so how does the stat work? Does it automatically update Utah as a TOP team and the percentage drops? or did it already register it as a average team loss?

No idea, I don't care either.

#5 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 16, 2009 - 01:53 AM

No idea, I don't care either.

:lol: It's probably just by their current rank. Averaging whatever rank they may have been whenever they played would just make it unnecessarily complicated.

#6 !PAUER!

!PAUER!

Rookie

• 317 posts

Posted March 16, 2009 - 10:35 AM

This is what matters, and the Lakers are first with 70%. Then the Magic are actually 2nd with 62%. Cavs are third, then Boston, then the Rockets with 52%. Only those 5 teams win most of their games against the top 10 teams.

This is the reason why I think Kobe should be MVP. He is the best 4th quarter scorer per minute, and his team actually beats the other elite teams in the league much more than the Cavs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users