330 replies to this topic

#321 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,167 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted December 14, 2009 - 05:24 PM

I don't think anyone here is under appreciating Pau. I also don't think it has anything to do with his race or ethnicity. Why do you assume everyone here cares about only big dunks? He wasn't an All-Star every year because guys like Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, and Dirk Nowitzki were being put in front of him in the All-Star games. Pau Gasol is a power forward, and the "street ball" players that are getting voted in are usually guards, so they don't really take any votes away from Pau. I understand where you're coming from about Pau being under appreciated, but I don't think it's fair to call everyone here a fool or an idiot because they only care about highlight films, dunks, or voting "street ball" players in the All-Star game.

no im not generalizing here so don't get me wrong. I'm just saying some people doesn't realized that this guy Gasol got skills that is off the charts. Im not saying ALL the lakers fans or ALL NBA fans. Let me make that clear. Yes a lot of lakers fans realized it because they watched every game and watch Gasol in action but other people only like the centers and power forward that over powers people, block shots and dunk. That's what im saying. Highlight reel and street balling. And its obvious that today's NBA, nobody wants to learn the fundamental of basketball anymore. The bigger the block, the dunk and the highlight you get, the more love you get.

And in terms of race. I'm not saying he doesn't consider the best PF because he aint black. Yes it does have something to do with race a little but its more European players that have the moneger that they are soft. Lakers fans destroyed Pau for being soft and the reason why the lakers lost the final. It's just not fair. We lost the finals not because of Pau Gasol.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#322 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted December 14, 2009 - 06:42 PM

no im not generalizing here so don't get me wrong. I'm just saying some people doesn't realized that this guy Gasol got skills that is off the charts. Im not saying ALL the lakers fans or ALL NBA fans. Let me make that clear. Yes a lot of lakers fans realized it because they watched every game and watch Gasol in action but other people only like the centers and power forward that over powers people, block shots and dunk. That's what im saying. Highlight reel and street balling. And its obvious that today's NBA, nobody wants to learn the fundamental of basketball anymore. The bigger the block, the dunk and the highlight you get, the more love you get.

And in terms of race. I'm not saying he doesn't consider the best PF because he aint black. Yes it does have something to do with race a little but its more European players that have the moneger that they are soft. Lakers fans destroyed Pau for being soft and the reason why the lakers lost the final. It's just not fair. We lost the finals not because of Pau Gasol.

Yeh, I understand where you're coming from. I do agree that many players now rely more on athleticism rather than the fundamentals and then when they get older they realize they can't always attack the hoop at will.

As for the European stereotype, I agree that people are quick to give them the "soft" label. I mean Dirk is one of the best PF in the league today but they call him soft since he doesn't always throw it down or play like a traditional PF. His defense may not be great, but he gives effort on defense and doesn't exactly get lit up from other PF in the league. I don't believe we lost the 2008 NBA Finals because of Pau Gasol but simply because the Celtics were just a better team than us at the time.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#323 Alicantino

Alicantino

Herculano hast los ojos!

• 795 posts
  • Fan Since:Cuando conoci la NBA, hace 20 años.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem!!!

Posted May 10, 2010 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

Up!!

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡AHORA VIENE LO BUENO!!!!`

#324 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted May 10, 2010 - 11:48 PM

^ :laughing: LMAO! +1

GREAT BUMP by the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#325 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted May 11, 2010 - 12:00 AM

Series vs Jazz

23.5 points, 14.5 rebounds, 2.75 blocks, 34/56 from the field which is 61% FG, 26/30 from the FT line, almost 90% DAMNNN

Lamar had an unreal series vs them last year and Pau topped that easily this year

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#326 muslim mamba

muslim mamba

Rookie

• 272 posts
  • Name:Rami Safi
  • Fan Since:forever
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted May 11, 2010 - 12:02 AM

Most underated and underused big man in the NBA today

#327 yes

yes

Rookie

• Pip
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 08:28 AM

mvp of 1st series, could be argued mvp of this series. dude is the man
1 at a time

#328 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted May 11, 2010 - 05:45 PM

So far in the playoffs, he is
1st in double doubles
2nd in rebounding
3rd in Efficiency
4th in FG%
7th in blocks
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#329 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted May 11, 2010 - 05:48 PM

he is playing well, however Pau is judged how he plays against big, strong, physical frontlines...Despite his numbers, we win when Kobe plays well so he is the playoffs MVP for us, but Gasol is hitting his FTS and jumpers, which to me show that he is healthier than he was in the reg season. I complained that he did not play like a 2nd guy this year, but since he returned from his 2nd injury, he has gotten back to his championship form
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#330 yes

yes

Rookie

• Pip
  • 577 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 08:08 PM

he is playing well, however Pau is judged how he plays against big, strong, physical frontlines...

no hes not. hes judged on how he contributes to wins. period.
1 at a time

#331 Batz

Batz

God dammit...

• 7,731 posts
  • Name:Ahmed
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted May 11, 2010 - 08:49 PM

Posted Image

Up!!

Holy crap... :mellow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic