kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:51 PM

NONE OF THESE THINGS WILL EVER HAPPEN....THIS WAS A GAME OF MOMENTUM SHIFTS
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#22 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:54 PM

No, we played horrid defense. Specifically, our bench. Enough of this "it's a game of runs" bull[expletive]. Basketball IS a game of runs, but not if you fail to play defense, you can't use that as an excuse. There's a difference between contesting the other teams shots and letting them have open shots whenever they want.

#23 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:55 PM

Luke plays better when surrounded with talent. It's that simple. That's probably why Phil was hesitant to move him to the bench. Yes, Ariza has been playing phenomenal in the starting line up now that he surrounded by stars, but he could also produce when coming off the bench. Luke is obviously struggling off the bench. That's why I think Phil kept Luke as a starter and Ariza in the 2nd unit for so long, and it's why Luke leap-frogged Ariza earlier in the season.

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:55 PM

you're right. Phil is too stubborn to make any changes <_<

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:57 PM

No, we played horrid defense. Specifically, our bench. Enough of this "it's a game of runs" bull[expletive]. Basketball IS a game of runs, but not if you fail to play defense, you can't use that as an excuse. There's a difference between contesting the other teams shots and letting them have open shots whenever they want.

We were playing the score. A horrible trait that we can't seem to shake off. Big lead = relax. It's been like that since forever.

#26 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:02 PM

Luke had 0 points in 15 minutes with 4 turnovers 0-3 shooting 0-2 freethrows.

W.T.F.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#27 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:07 PM

We were playing the score. A horrible trait that we can't seem to shake off. Big lead = relax. It's been like that since forever.

I know that. It's just that certain people around here are unwilling to critique our squad even when we start playing like crap.

#28 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:09 PM

Luke plays better when surrounded with talent. It's that simple. That's probably why Phil was hesitant to move him to the bench. Yes, Ariza has been playing phenomenal in the starting line up now that he surrounded by stars, but he could also produce when coming off the bench. Luke is obviously struggling off the bench. That's why I think Phil kept Luke as a starter and Ariza in the 2nd unit for so long, and it's why Luke leap-frogged Ariza earlier in the season.

Every one plays better with stars, or should I say all role players usually play beter with stars. Case in point Ariza today. But Luke played excellent ball on the road, I didnt expect three straight good games from a role player of his magnitude, but Luke didnt shoot well and he gave up two bad TO's but he got a critical off. rebound and the team just let its guard down
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#29 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:09 PM

I know that. It's just that certain people around here are unwilling to critique our squad even when we start playing like crap.

Yea true. Kobynum doesn't believe that real fans criticize.

#30 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:12 PM

and the bench just let its guard down

Fixed. As usual huh? That bench of ours is severely overrated by the general consensus media as I said earlier. I don't know how MANY freakin' times this season they've cost us games and could've cost us more. When Bynum comes back, geez, what a sigh of RELIEF that'll be. Woo!

#31 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:13 PM

Fixed. As usual huh? That bench of ours is severely overrated by the general consensus media as I said earlier. I don't know how MANY freakin' times this season they've cost us games and could've cost us more. When Bynum comes back, geez, what a sigh of RELIEF that'll be. Woo!

Not really overrated. Our bench has just changed over the course of the season, and they haven't been able to adjust. We had a great bench earlier. Sometimes the bench would step up when the starters weren't play well, and vice-versa. Not so much lately.

Edited by daco_inc, March 15, 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#32 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:14 PM

name a eam in the NBA today that doesn't do this...thats all im saying. I just dont complain for the sake of complaining. We completed a SWEEP of a playoff bound team. They werent go to just lay down and die for us. [expletive] happens...they had their A-2 squad, against our B-2 squad. kobe got back into the game and we won by 7, we went on a RUN. Horrid Defense? LOL, watch a Clippers game and say that we played like CRAP. We fought back against a very good team with two HoFers. I dont know, I guess some people are Stan Van Gundys and some are Phil Jacksons

#33 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:15 PM

Maybe not HUGELY overrated, but certainly somewhat. They act like our bench is perfect all the time. I agree that we are great when we are great, but the inconsistency is downright painFUL!

#34 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:17 PM

of 13 losses, we lost maybe 5 b/c of our bench, but we have won maybe more earlier in the season, so they are what they arwe, the bench. They are good enough, especially when Drew gets back. He puts everyone in their right position. I mean we`are BEATING very good teams without him. MORE PROPS FOR THE PURP AND GOLD

mater fact i got some purp and gold

#35 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:19 PM

name a eam in the NBA today that doesn't do this...thats all im saying. I just dont complain for the sake of complaining. We completed a SWEEP of a playoff bound team. They werent go to just lay down and die for us. [expletive] happens...they had their A-2 squad, against our B-2 squad. kobe got back into the game and we won by 7, we went on a RUN. Horrid Defense? LOL, watch a Clippers game and say that we played like CRAP. We fought back against a very good team with two HoFers. I dont know, I guess some people are Stan Van Gundys and some are Phil Jacksons

LOL again with your condescending remarks. Phil Jackson? As far as I've seen, Cavs, Celtics, Magic, and probably a few other teams don't play the score. We play the score, and it's a weakness, something I hoped we got rid of, but clearly we didn't. We relax when we have big leads.

#36 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Yea true. Kobynum doesn't believe that real fans criticize.

thats not tue, i just look at us and look at the comp., and say we dont have many easons to complain. I am critical of players and coaching moves, I just dont have a complaint every game, or even every week, and the Lakers play has improved to such a point I am grateful

#37 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:23 PM

WTF? Who says we're ungrateful? Who are you to judge us? You clearly have some superiority complex, which is kind of funny since you don't know what you're talking about half the time.

#38 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:35 PM

Luke's aggressiveness and playmaking has been huge for us as of lately

Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:36 PM

^ Lol.

#40 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts

Posted March 15, 2009 - 03:41 PM

They werent go to just lay down and die for us. [expletive] happens...they had their A-2 squad, against our B-2 squad. kobe got back into the game and we won by 7, we went on a RUN. Horrid Defense? LOL, watch a Clippers game and say that we played like CRAP. We fought back against a very good team with two HoFers.

Why did we have to fight back and beat a team we were leading against by 15? There should be no excuse for that. Yes, we played horrible defense. Giving up uncontested looks to a knockdown shooter like Jason Terry all throughout the third quarter cost us our lead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users