Photo

LeBron quickly taking Kobe's place as best player!

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#41 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:06 PM

who has the better team ? to be able to beat the elite teams in the league . but anyway i do like every ones's feedback .when its all said and done hofully kobe can make use of his talent and win . but if not remember this Kobe will not be remmbered as a GREAT PLAYER just a great offensive player. lebron will and in my opinion has exceeded his level of talent .

#42 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:06 PM

awards as nothig to do with your defense . as shown by one of the better defensive players in bruce bowen who is a much better defesive player than kobe could ever be. but never won as much awards it has to do with the media and how popular you are.

What are you talking about? Bruce Bowen has been on 8 consecutive All-Defensive teams from 2001-2008, just as many as Kobe.

#43 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:08 PM

I think everyone's aware of the media's lovefest for its golden child Lebron, so I guess by your logic he's gonna win some undeserving awards (such as making the All nba defensive team) because of his popularity over guys like Artest and Posey then :rolleyes:

You know he is, even though never shuts players down...he just pretends to play D, then he runs the court and blocks shots...those things are great, but weakside D is overrated. It just shows how uncommited he has been in the past. Kobe was also just as good, if not better when he was 24. dont get it twisted

who has the better team ? to be able to beat the elite teams in the league . but anyway i do like every ones's feedback .when its all said and done hofully kobe can make use of his talent and win . but if not remember this Kobe will not be remmbered as a GREAT PLAYER just a great offensive player. lebron will and in my opinion has exceeded his level of talent .

You are the weakest link, Good Bye. but seriously...if Lebron doesnt win a title....he will fade away, like the shot Kobe schools him with Bi-yearly
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#44 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:08 PM

Lebrons Defense is amazing but Kobe's been doing this for years and he is still AMAZING today
Posted ImagePosted Image

WHat sets Kobe apart from Lebron is the perimeter jumper.

My son and I went to the Clippers/Cavs game the other night, and we seen Lebron brick 5 threes in a row in warmups.

I mean he does know he is under the microscope out there,have some pride make a damn jumper :lol:

Nonetheless the two greatest players in the game today without a question

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#45 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:09 PM

lebron will and in my opinion has exceeded his level of talent .

If he develops a post-game, better footwork, and can adapt to a different style when he isn't as athletic as he is now, he definitely has a shot. But, he's not the best player yet.

#46 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:11 PM

nameant said it best in another thread

Can't disagree. People act like he's such a good defender now, but they feel that way b/c of how terrible a defender he was. Going from downright terrible to average is a step in the right direction, but don't try and sell me him as dpoy or anything. He's widened his defense from passing lane steals to help blocks, still has a way to go to warrant 1st team status.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#47 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:11 PM

"You are the weakest link, Good Bye. but seriously...if Lebron doesnt win a title....he will fade away, like the shot Kobe schools him with Bi-yearly"

will Kobe win one like he did last year ..

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 06:12 PM.

#48 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:13 PM

You going to pretend to ignore my posts? Your knowledge of LeBron and Kobe's game is poor at best. You came in here parroting what typical LeBron jockers say, and when people come here to talk real basketball, you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. Great job.

#49 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:17 PM

"You are the weakest link, Good Bye. but seriously...if Lebron doesnt win a title....he will fade away, like the shot Kobe schools him with Bi-yearly"

will Kobe win one like he did last year ..

he has three, like Larry bird, so he's good. Plus he's did the individual things...81, 50 in 4 straight, 40 in 9 straight
Defensive first and second teams. Kobe is THE man, lebron is A man
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#50 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:24 PM

You going to pretend to ignore my posts? Your knowledge of LeBron and Kobe's game is poor at best. You came in here parroting what typical LeBron jockers say, and when people come here to talk real basketball, you show that you have no idea what you are talking about. Great job.

oh what his your post

he has three, like Larry bird, so he's good. Plus he's did the individual things...81, 50 in 4 straight, 40 in 9 straight
Defensive first and second teams. Kobe is THE man, lebron is A man

do you want me to recall what lebron has done since in the league ,or maybe not i think you know already ,you are a basketball 'fan"

#51 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:28 PM

do you want me to recall what lebron has done since in the league ,or maybe not i think you know already ,you are a basketball 'fan"

What has he done? He's taken a team to Finals by beating up on a weak Eastern Conference where the only good team was Detroit, then he was swept in the Finals by the Spurs. He hasn't made any defensive teams, he hasn't won a championship yet, he hasn't done much anything yet. Not to say that he won't, but LBJ's resume up to this point in time isn't anywhere near as impressive as Kobe's was throughout the same number of seasons.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, March 13, 2009 - 06:28 PM.

#52 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:35 PM

What has he done? He's taken a team to Finals by beating up on a weak Eastern Conference where the only good team was Detroit, then he was swept in the Finals by the Spurs. He hasn't made any defensive teams, he hasn't won a championship yet, he hasn't done much anything yet. Not to say that he won't, but LBJ's resume up to this point in time isn't anywhere near as impressive as Kobe's was throughout the same number of seasons.

true i agree kobe is older. but at lebron's age he as more statistical accomplishments than kobe at 24. kobe won three title because he was on a dynasty not because of himself only yes he contributed a big part but it was not solely by himself so you cant use that..

if he started out like lebron on a team full of scrubs probably he would never have won any at all. i mean look what kobe did last year choked . right. with a very very good team

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 06:37 PM.

#53 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:36 PM

At this pointr LBJ is AI....nothing more, i would give AI the edge, b/c he's always at a physical disadvantage.

#54 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:37 PM

How can you say quickly? Don't you mean slowly? Very slowly.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#55 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:43 PM

true i agree kobe is older. but at lebron's age he as more statistical accomplishments than kobe at 24. kobe won three title because he was on a dynasty not because of himself only yes he contributed a big part but it was not solely by himself so you cant use that..

if he started out like lebron on a team full of scrubs probably he would never have won any at all. i mean look what kobe did last year choked . right. with a very very good team

I never mentioned Kobe's age. Kobe's accomplishment at the same age, even if you fail to count his 3 rings, are still more impressive than those of LeBron. Who's played better defense through their first five seasons, Kobe or LeBron? Obviously, the answer is Kobe.

#56 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:45 PM

At this pointr LBJ is AI....nothing more, i would give AI the edge, b/c he's always at a physical disadvantage.

are you joking or are you being serious kobe and lebron are the best players in the league right now

and yes quickly taking his spot for the best player has in this year.

#57 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:49 PM

I never mentioned Kobe's age. Kobe's accomplishment at the same age, even if you fail to count his 3 rings, are still more impressive than those of LeBron. Who's played better defense through their first five seasons, Kobe or LeBron? Obviously, the answer is Kobe.

strong opinion not fact . why because defense even in the early 2000 was different than it is now.so Kobe was able to be more physical.

the offensive players have the edge thanks to stern.
now defense has to do with footwork and keeping a hand in the opposition face which i think lebron has been impressive at doing this year

#58 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:52 PM

Ask LeBron if Kobe's defense is overrated. Or you can just ask him to give you his statistics for the two games he played against Kobe this season.

Bryant has the better post up. If you seriously think that LeBron has a post up game, you're insane. You don't watch him.

Both are my favorite players, one and two. LeBron has no post up game. Kobe's post up game rivals MJ's.

I can't believe we are having this discussion, about defense and post up games. Kobe trumps LeBron in both, and it's not even close.

#59 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 07:00 PM

well i really wouldnt know the answer to that. but if he did say that kobe was better well .i will have to agree that is mental level for the game is not where its suppose to be, if he wants to be the best player .

just ask Jordan if any one was better than he his, he believed it , and made it happen through talent and will power.

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 07:00 PM.

#60 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 07:05 PM

well i really wouldnt know the answer to that. but if he did say that kobe was better well .i will have to agree that is mental level for the game is not where its suppose to be, if he wants to be the best player .

just ask Jordan if any one was better than he his, he believed it , and made it happen through talent and will power.

All I'm saying is that Kobe put LeBron to work, even with his dislocated finger, and made him look more like a Jason Kidd than a LeBron James.

Kobe's the better defender, easily. LeBron gets most every block on help defense, or when he's trailing after one of his turnovers. He lets guys get past him, one-on-one, guys that shouldn't be doing it.

Kobe has more scoring options, and he's still shooting almost the same percentage as LeBron and netting almost as many points per game. Bryant is the better scorer -- more range, and hell, LeBron has yet to hit 60 points in his career.

LeBron's high is 56 I believe. That's one point more than Bryant had in that second half versus the Raptors.

Don't underestimate what a defensive team can do for a superstar player like LeBron. You saw how great it was for Iverson back in 2001, and with all the steals Iverson had, and the scoring up, he got to the Finals and won the MVP, but fell to the dominant Lakers, and Kobe proved to be the better player with his defense and his facilitating.

History repeats itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users