Photo

LeBron quickly taking Kobe's place as best player!

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

#21 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:31 PM

yes obviously but what i was saying was who is the better player. not offensive player , but the most complete player.

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#22 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:31 PM

LeBron doesn't even know what a travel is.

:lol:

2div

#23 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:33 PM

Mo williams< Pau
Bynum= or < Big Z
Odom > Wallace
West> Fish
Boobie> or =farmar
Wally = or < Ariza
Sasha P> sasha V
Varejo > or = Powell
honestly, the teams are pretty even. LO is overrated by the national media, while wallace is underated...I mean the Pistons havent been to a Finals without his grit. All of Lebron's teammates fit a role in the team game....simple and plain. Basketball is way more about chemistry than it is about collecgtion of individual talent. IE Pistons> Lakers...who had four future Hall of Famers..

BTW, the only reason Pau is a hall of Famer(maybe) is his international contributions. Pau isnt dirk, or any other player who has led a NBA team deep in the playoffs, but thats another story. Also lebron has killer instinct? No, but lately he has been playing with more intensity, sorta like KG.. But Pierce has more killer instinct than ya boy.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#24 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:35 PM

yes obviously but what i was saying was who is the better player. not offensive player , but the most complete player.

then kobe is still the most complete player in the league.

lebron is better than kobe at finishing, but right behind lebron is kobe. lebron may have better court vision but i believe kobe has a higher basketball iq. kobe has a better post-up game, better jumper, better footwork, and better defense.

more complete.

2div

#25 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:39 PM

Well since you seem to concede that Kobe is a better offensive player, then that means you think LeBron is so much better than Kobe defensively, that it makes him the overall better player. And if you think LeBron is a better defensive player than Kobe, (and not just better, significantly enough better that it makes him the more complete player), well, all I can do is laugh.

#26 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:44 PM

you forgot free throw shooter for kobe LOL.

"lebron is better than kobe at finishing, but right behind lebron is kobe. lebron may have better court vision but i believe kobe has a higher basketball iq. kobe has a better post-up game, better jumper, better footwork, and better defense.

more complete. "

lebron in my opinion has the better basket ball IQ. and has a better postup game too , kobe's defense is overrated by far in the media, he is just adequate for the shooting guard position and maybe some point guards . lebron has the ability to become the best defensive superstar since jordan because he can guard multiple positions. he can guard power forward down to point guards.

remmber too who makes there teammates better lebron>kobe

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 05:46 PM.

#27 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:45 PM

at the end of the day it doesn't matter...Kobe has a better chance of hoisting the Larry O Brien trophy than Lebron this year and the next 5 years. Lebron can have all the individual accolades

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#28 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:46 PM

kobe's defense is overrated by far

:lol:

There goes your credibility, if ever you had any to begin with.

#29 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:48 PM

you forgot free throw shooter for kobe LOL.

"lebron is better than kobe at finishing, but right behind lebron is kobe. lebron may have better court vision but i believe kobe has a higher basketball iq. kobe has a better post-up game, better jumper, better footwork, and better defense.

more complete. "

lebron in my opinion has the better basket ball IQ. and has a better postup game too , kobe's defense is overrated by far in the media, he is just adequate for the shooting guard position and maybe some point guards . lebron has the ability to become the best defensive superstar since jordan because he can guard multiple positions. he can guard power forward down to point guards.

remmber too who makes there teammates better lebron>kobe

Ehh do you even watch LeBron? One of his biggest criticisms is his LACK of postup game.

And the whole "Kobe doesn't make his teammates better" is a myth. The worst players he played with like Kwame Brown and Smush Parker had career years playing alongside Kobe. He made them look much better than they actually were.

Edited by daco_inc, March 13, 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#30 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:51 PM

really its not credibility because everyone has there own opinions of something . for me kobe's defense is way overrated

then again if you compare both players at the same age and what they did and accomplished meaning there levels of talent maybe your opinions would be different

Edited by shotta, March 13, 2009 - 05:53 PM.

#31 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 636 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Kobe is clutch in big games unlike LeBron. LeBron doesn't have Kobe's range on offense. Kobe is still the best player and he's still going to be the best player in a couple of years. I guess you forgot when Kobe shut down LeBron a couple of months ago.

Lakers vs Elite teams in the NBA

2-0 vs. Celtics
2-0 vs. Cavs
3-1 vs. Spurs

Go look up his stats against the Lakers from this season.

LeBron vs. Elite teams in the NBA

vs. Celtics: 9-21, 0-4 threes, 4-8 free throws, 7 boards, 6 ast, 3 TO, 22 pts
vs. Celtics: 13-25, 3-7 threes, 9-9 free throws, 7 boards, 6 ast, 3 TO, 38 pts
vs. Lakers: 9-25, 1-5 threes, 4-8 free throws, 9 boards, 4 ast, 6 TO, 23 pts
vs. Magic: 10-27, 0-2 threes, 3-6 free throws, 8 boards, 8 ast, 2 TO, 23 pts
vs. Lakers: 5-20, 2-8 threes, 4-8 free throws, 8 boards, 12 ast, 1 TO, 16 pts

Come back when LeBron improves his shooting, man to man defense, being clutch in close games against very good teams, improve his FT shooting, etc...

Stop comparing both players... it's getting old.

Well said man the proof is in the pudding so call me Bill Cosby. Kobe is better than lebron get over it people

Edited by UNLABORED FLAWLESS, March 13, 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#32 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:54 PM

He really had no credibiility from the get-go, but saying that LeBron was a better postup player pretty much sealed the deal. LOL, it's hard to believe he's even watched LeBron play if he think he has anything even close to a decent postup game.

#33 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:54 PM

he cant post, he passses more, i wouldnt say that he is a better passer, but certainly he always has a myriad of shooters on his team. Lebron is stonger and more athletic than Kobe, besides that, he has nothing. Oh yea, he is Taller and Younger, but higher IQ....hahaha, firstly, Lebron isnt that bright, check his interviews.
Lebron has made some good b/ball decisions in his career, but Kobe shows you every night. look at how he systematically picks a defense apart. All LBJ does is charge to the basket, traveling and offensive fouling a lot of the time, and gets favorable calls(especially) at Home
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#34 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,861 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:56 PM

kobe's defense is overrated by far in the media, he is just adequate for the shooting guard position and maybe some point guards . lebron has the ability to become the best defensive superstar since jordan because he can guard multiple positions. he can guard power forward down to point guards.

Kobe's defense is overrated?

Kobe: 6x All Defensive First Team, 2x All Defensive Second Team (Through 12 seasons)

LeBron: None (Through 5 seasons)

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, March 13, 2009 - 05:58 PM.

#35 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:58 PM

again it's not about credibility it people opinions and what they percieve am not a kobe fan and am not a lebron fan so my judgment would not be clouded showing favoritism to one because i like how the play . it based on what i have seen in the 2008-2009 NBA season

#36 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:00 PM

again it's not about credibility it people opinions and what they percieve am not a kobe fan and am not a lebron fan so my judgment would not be clouded showing favoritism to one because i like how the play . it based on what i have seen in the 2008-2009 NBA season

and what you and I have witnessed in 2008/2009 is Lebron folding against elite teams while Kobe stepping up against those same elite teams.

Edited by MDI, March 13, 2009 - 06:00 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#37 shotta

shotta

Rookie

• Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:01 PM

awards as nothig to do with your defense . as shown by one of the better defensive players in bruce bowen who is a much better defesive player than kobe could ever be. but never won as much awards it has to do with the media and how popular you are.

#38 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:02 PM

It's not really opinion. It's pretty much a fact that LeBron has no postup game, or at least he's never shown one. And you even went as far as saying his postup game was BETTER? It has nothing to do with favoritism. You were talking out of your [expletive], end of story.

Edited by daco_inc, March 13, 2009 - 06:03 PM.

#39 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:04 PM

awards as nothig to do with your defense . as shown by one of the better defensive players in bruce bowen who is a much better defesive player than kobe could ever be. but never won as much awards it has to do with the media and how popular you are.

I think everyone's aware of the media's lovefest for its golden child Lebron, so I guess by your logic he's gonna win some undeserving awards (such as making the All nba defensive team) because of his popularity over guys like Artest and Posey then :rolleyes:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#40 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 06:05 PM

Bowen was overrated and was allowed to hack and foul. Bryan shut down mostly all of the greatest guards IN THE WORLD, during his vast NBA career, and during international play

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users