#41 Smoove

Smoove

Filipindian

• 5,269 posts
  • Name:Ryan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 09:19 PM

man we messed up with those pathetic losses to [expletive] teams like the blazers, nuggets, and suns

Posted Image

"To whom much is given much is tested."

#42 KB24theGR8

KB24theGR8

Rookie

• 245 posts
  • Fan Since:day of birth
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted March 13, 2009 - 09:21 PM

wow Kings take the Cavs to OT... but cavs get lucky and pull it off BS
"love me or hate me, its one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fade away. My hunger. Hate that im a veteren, a champion. Hate that. hate it with all your heart. and hate that im loved for the exact same reasons" - Kobe Bryant

#43 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:00 PM

man we messed up with those pathetic losses to [expletive] teams like the blazers, nuggets, and suns

Pathetic indeed. We weren't prepared for those games and that's inexcusable, well maybe just the Denver one cuz we supposedly didn't get any sleep arriving at 5 or 6 am in the morning there on a back to back with high altitude & all, but yeah, we screwed ourselves, only have ourselves to blame for giving up that nicer cushion.

#44 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:13 PM

If Cleveland gets a better record than us in the end, we're going to have to root for any team but them coming out East, because we need home court in the Finals, no exceptions. If Boston isn't holding the better record, we root for the Celtics to beat them.

We can't win a seven-gamer against Cleveland if they have home court.

#45 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:17 PM

^ even if we had Bynum?

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#46 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:20 PM

^ even if we had Bynum?

I don't think we could.

Cleveland has only one loss at home, and it might be that way all season long. Granted that the loss is against us, I'm not so confident that we will win all of our games in Los Angeles, and losing in Cleveland is a certainty at least once in that series.

Mo Williams is a little too good for my liking, and I know how we let up on shooters. West, Gibson, Pavlovic and Williams will all shoot the ball.

I'm definitely not worried about LeBron. Kobe has held him to 14-45 shooting in those two games. But LeBron does a little more than just score, and his teammates actually convert his passes into assists.

With the way our bench has been playing lately, we're going to need everyone in full health, and those bench players catching fire, if we beat Cleveland without home court.

#47 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:53 PM

If Cleveland gets a better record than us in the end, we're going to have to root for any team but them coming out East, because we need home court in the Finals, no exceptions. If Boston isn't holding the better record, we root for the Celtics to beat them.

We can't win a seven-gamer against Cleveland if they have home court.

The Lakers are a better team than the Cavs. I don't think the Cavs' role players can beat us in a 7 game series. Kobe is going to shut down LeBron and Kobe should have a good series.

Gasol, Bynum, Odom and the rest of the team >>>>>> Cavs' role player.

Phil >>>> Mike Brown.

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:56 PM

The Lakers are a better team than the Cavs. I don't think the Cavs' role players can beat us in a 7 game series. Kobe is going to shut down LeBron and Kobe should have a good series.

Gasol, Bynum, Odom and the rest of the team >>>>>> Cavs' role player.

Phil >>>> Mike Brown.

We said that in 2004, and we ran into one of the greatest defensive teams in years in the Pistons. Detroit didn't have a LeBron James, either.

#49 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:02 AM

We said that in 2004, and we ran into one of the greatest defensive teams in years in the Pistons. Detroit didn't have a LeBron James, either.

We didn't have a healthy Karl Malone, Gary was too old, and Shaq was fat and out of shape. We also didn't have a good bench. Gump was starting for us. :mellow:

#50 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:07 AM

We didn't have a healthy Karl Malone, Gary was too old, and Shaq was fat and out of shape. We also didn't have a good bench. Gump was starting for us. :mellow:

We got to the Finals with that same old Payton and out-of-shape Shaq.

If we play Cleveland, we better start Bynum, Gasol and Odom together, so we don't get outrebounded by the Cavs, and so LeBron stays away from the rim.

#51 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:11 AM

If we play Cleveland, we better start Bynum, Gasol and Odom together, so we don't get outrebounded by the Cavs, and so LeBron stays away from the rim.

GREAT post. You should be a coach man.

#52 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:14 AM

GREAT post. You should be a coach man.

Haha, thanks. I was an assistant coach a while back. I just never followed through with it, though...pay was bad where I live, and I didn't have the money to move and try somewhere else.

#53 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:16 AM

^ What level or age of kids did you coach?

Would you ever consider giving it another go again?

#54 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,868 posts

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:18 AM

^ What level or age of kids did you coach?

Would you ever consider giving it another go again?

Junior high.

Nah, not around here. Our teams suck now, and it was too frustrating to begin with, lol. I know enough basketball to coach, but I don't know if I have the patience.

I would rather coach the high school kids, varsity, because the younger they are, the harder it is to teach them to pass the ball or play defense.

#55 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 12:20 AM

^ Can't blame you. I had some years where I voluntarily unofficially assisted coaching some pre high school aged kids and it's definitely tougher controlling them and disciplining them. Plus, in some cases, you have to deal with the parents more and it's not a healthy situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users