7 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 12, 2009 - 11:31 AM

Yao Ming had 16 hard-fought points against the Lakers on Wednesday, many of which came after fighting off double teams, leaving the Houston center weary.

“I don’t think we prepared well (to play the Lakers). We need to learn a lesson from tonight,” Yao said after the Lakers rallied to beat the Rockets in Houston.

Maybe Yao should take lessons from Pau Gasol. Lesson 1: dumb bells.

The conversation between the two big men would center on how Gasol took to the weight room during the off-season in attempts to bulk up his 7-foot, 250-pound frame and shed the “soft” tag. And it’s helped considerably as Gasol has been able to match-up with the biggest (Shaq, Yao) and the toughest (Kevin Garnett).

“In the playoffs, you need to be at your best physically just to be able to compete because of the physicality that’s allowed to go on and you just need to step up to the plate,” Gasol said about his trip to the gym three times a week.

http://lakers.freedo...and-play/13247/

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 12, 2009 - 01:11 PM

That's great! I've noticed this as well. James Worthy has even mentioned it a few times himself. He's definitely been tougher and stronger than last season. My only complaints are I wish he'd still dunk the ball more often than going up soft so to speak, but he's definitely gone stronger most of the time this season than last season AND I also wish he'd block a few more shots or be more of a presence inside defensively, even though I know he can't be no Andrew Bynum in that regard, but still, all in all, I love Pau and I love what he brings to our team. We wouldn't be nearly even close to the team we are today and were second half of last season if it wasn't for him, among other things. I'll never forget that.

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,910 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:19 PM

Pau's the kind of player that brings something new to the table every year.

This is what the great one do.

Pau played great strong defense.

#4 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 12, 2009 - 05:45 PM

He should only be getting 10 shots a game.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#5 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 05:56 PM

KG is the toughest. he just i the most relenteless. Its a difference. plus Pau needed a lesson on winning B-ball. he went to the Finals and the final game in the olympics. And regardles of what everyone thinks on this forum. Gasol looks considerably better in an offense tailormade for his style of play, and with the best in the game
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#6 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:03 PM

KG is the toughest. he just i the most relenteless. Its a difference. plus Pau needed a lesson on winning B-ball. he went to the Finals and the final game in the olympics. And regardles of what everyone thinks on this forum. Gasol looks considerably better in an offense tailormade for his style of play, and with the best in the game

:lol:

#7 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:19 PM

I mean isnt the toughest, and relentless. Kg isnt even as tough as Chris mihm...he would never step to Mbenga....NEVER
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#8 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:38 PM

I mean isnt the toughest, and relentless. Kg isnt even as tough as Chris mihm...he would never step to Mbenga....NEVER

I'm not laughing at the first part.

What you just said right now is also laughable. Not as tough as Chris Mihm? LOL.

And Gasol being made to look better with the system? Gasol has always been a 20/10 player, and has led his team to the playoffs just like Kobe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users