Tim Legler: "Kobe is the best player in the game 'by far'....

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 02:27 PM

The reality is that Kobe has logged in more than 13 years in the Association. As great as LeBron, D-Wade and CP3 are, Kobe simply has the experience edge over them - way over them - which, combined with his off the charts talent, translates into him being "by far" the best player. Whatever.

#22 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:08 PM

^ Why the 'whatever'?

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:16 PM

If Wade wins the MVP, then Kobe got gypped out of about 3 of them.

All of a sudden all these journalists are saying team record doesn't matter when before as Kobe was playing out of his mind, they said it was all about the team.

It just further nullifies the validity of the MVP.

#24 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:21 PM

Rick Kamla - He makes a pretty good point eh?

Decent point until you consider the supporting cast. Mo Williams would be the 5th player taken if they had a Laker/Cavs draft. Odom would go six meaning 4 of the 6 best players on either team are Lakers. Lebron has very little to get it done around him. You can't hold that against him. I mean, if you combine the two teams, the starting five looks like this:

Bynum
Gasol
Lebron
Kobe
Williams

and the first 3 guys off the bench would probably be Odom, Fisher and Ariza. West may get the nod over Fisher right now.

#25 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:31 PM

Oh, and some Rockets' commentators said that Kobe's the best last night ( I "enjoyed" watching the game on FSrockets ). So 2 more guys in the list I guess :) ...

One of them was guest commentator Clyde Drexler. Drexler praised Kobe the whole night, and the other guy even argued with him because Drexler was giving so much props to LA.

#26 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 12, 2009 - 03:33 PM

^ :lol:

I've always liked Drex.

#27 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:03 PM

I know that people dont think the Cavs are anything w/o LB...but tell me in the WEST, that the lakers arent the grizzles without Kobe. i mean gasol had rudy gay and that team was pathetic. Lebron has the guys who play well off of him. He has creators who are good to very good(West, Will) A frontcourt who is one of the best in the league(along with ours), and shooters out the yin-yang. Kobe wouldn't mesh would that team and lebron may or may not blend with this team
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#28 Ken #1 Beloved

Ken #1 Beloved

Rookie

• Pip
  • 585 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:38 PM

^ Why the 'whatever'?

Because all that matters is the bling. What people think about who is better than who doesn't matter. Let them think what ever they want. We know.

#29 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts
  • Name:Kevin Moradi
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:40 PM

Because all that matters is the bling. What people think about who is better than who doesn't matter. Let them think what ever they want. We know.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users