#1 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 11, 2009 - 08:37 PM

When it has seemed like a two man race all season, one man has flown under the radar. There is no doubt in my mind that this man is playing at a mvp level. The problem is his team is currently only 6 games above .500 with only 18 games to go.

Continue...

Edited by Mr. RJ, March 11, 2009 - 08:41 PM.

#2 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 11, 2009 - 08:40 PM

Wade being in the race over Dwight, Duncan, DWill, and Yao is an insult. You need to be a leader of a winning team to be MVP.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#3 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:16 PM

Wade being in the race over Dwight, Duncan, DWill, and Yao is an insult. You need to be a leader of a winning team to be MVP.

I couldn't agree more

#4 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:21 PM

Totally agree. Kobe was in the same position as Wade was a couple of years ago if you guys remember; a superstar carrying his team and surrounded by a bunch of scrubs. And who won the MVP that year? The leader of of a team that had one of the best records in the league - Nash.

The Heat are currently 16 games behind the Lakers, which is a huge margin for an MVP candidate. The analysts don't give any praise for LeBron and Kobe for leading their teams to the best records in the league.

Edited by KuYa JL, March 11, 2009 - 09:24 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#5 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:43 PM

so are you guys actually reading the whole article????

#6 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:09 PM

so are you guys actually reading the whole article????

My post was basically a summary of your article, hah. Good read though.

Hopefully people start to realize the MVP race is only a 2 man race, with Kobe and LeBron being the frontrunners.

Edited by KuYa JL, March 11, 2009 - 10:09 PM.

Made By Vaporize

#7 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:30 PM

Kobe should've been MVP the year he was averaging 35PPG, yet Wade does this and he's considered as the MVP by fans?

Couldn't agree more.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 11, 2009 - 10:35 PM

Kobe should've been MVP the year he was averaging 35PPG, yet Wade does this and he's considered as the MVP by fans?

Exactly.

to add to that, same season Kobe had something like 9 games in a row with 45+, put him in history with Wilt, 5 in a row with 50+ or something like that, and that also might've been the season he dropped 81 and 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas I think, at one point scoring more himself than their whole team.

#9 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 12, 2009 - 05:00 AM

I agree.

But..

To me, they should rename the "Most Valuable Player" award to the "Most Valuable Player in the Best Team" award.

Seems more accurate. Because if its about being valuable to the team, its gotta be Wade. Miami just won 15 games without him. And now, they are at 35 games with him and his team is the second youngest team in the NBA. And he really lifts his team on his shoulders night in and night out to pull out victories. He not only scores, but he makes plays for his team. And plays good D for his height especially against other guards who are taller than him

But he wont be MVP. But is playing at MVP level without a doubt

GO KOBE MVP!! :rock:

Edited by Shade, March 12, 2009 - 05:02 AM.

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#10 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 12, 2009 - 05:54 AM

Enough is enough. The MVP criteria has been set for years. We already went through this with Kobe on more than one occasion. Dwyane Wade is not going to win MVP, PERIOD. He's not a legit candidate at all.

#11 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 952 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:33 AM

Exactly.

to add to that, same season Kobe had something like 9 games in a row with 45+, put him in history with Wilt, 5 in a row with 50+ or something like that, and that also might've been the season he dropped 81 and 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas I think, at one point scoring more himself than their whole team.

Na... they were different years 2005-06 he scored 81 and 62 in three quarters... 06-07 I remember melo was leading the league in scoring by like 4 points over kobe until he went off with the 4 50 point games and the fifth game was like 40 points... I think he averaged over 40 for that month

Edited by Mr. RJ, March 12, 2009 - 07:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users