86 replies to this topic

#41 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 13, 2009 - 02:57 PM

Jordan averaged 23 shots per game for his career. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#42 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 13, 2009 - 02:59 PM

Jordan averaged 23 shots per game for his career. Just thought I would throw that out there.

He let Pippen get a good 17-20 as well. Gasol was barely getting 12 during Kobe's ballhog rampage.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#43 jj123

jj123

Rookie

• 223 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 03:20 PM

Uh, Gasol only got 12 shots a game on Kobe's ball hogging binge.

And as for those other players, maybe they'd be more consistent if they got to shoot it everynight instead of coming to watch Kobe chuck up 30 shots.

Lamar Odom was taking around 5 shots a game when Kobe was on his binge as well. As inconsistent as Lamar is, 5 shots is not going to cut it.

Fisher is a good 40% from 3. That's all you can ask.

You have a big man shooting 55% from the fied, there is NO EXCUSE for anybody to chuck over 25 shots a game. It is damaging to the team, and it will cost us in the playoffs.

That's why I stand by my ground, that when Bynum is fully healthy, he is our best player. He has a larger impact on defense, but most importantly on offense, him being there stops Kobe's excuse to chuck. Bynum improves Kobe's play. I can only hope that Gasol becomes more assertive and puts his foot down when Kobe goes into ballhog mode, and starts chucking like Iverson.

wow....u really talk out of ur azz dont u?

#44 Quest4Truth

Quest4Truth

Rookie

• 27 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 03:36 PM

Scottie Pippen's highest shots per game average(17.8) came the season Jordan was retired. He never averaged more than 16.7 shot attempts in any other season in his career. I think the differences in shot attempts may have to do with the roles they had in the offense. Pippen could score, but he was more of the facilitatar and Jordan was the one who was the primary scorer.

#45 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 13, 2009 - 04:00 PM

He let Pippen get a good 17-20 as well. Gasol was barely getting 12 during Kobe's ballhog rampage.

Ok, but he and Pip were the ONLY serious offensive threats..we have Kobe, Pau, Lamar around the basket, Drew when he's healthy, and some scorers off the bench. They actually played D, though. Kobe goes on those rampages mostly on the road, where guys like Jordan, Sasha, Trevor, and Lamar disappear

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#46 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 04:23 PM

Ok, but he and Pip were the ONLY serious offensive threats..we have Kobe, Pau, Lamar around the basket, Drew when he's healthy, and some scorers off the bench. They actually played D, though. Kobe goes on those rampages mostly on the road, where guys like Jordan, Sasha, Trevor, and Lamar disappear

So now you're changing your mind and saying Kobe has multiple offensive threats compared to Jordan?

Pau Gasol is probably overall better on offense than Pippen, yet only averages 12 as a Laker. You think that's really enough?

Mo Williams, of all people, averages 14 shots a game next to LeBron, with Z getting 11.

It's inexcusable. Pau should be getting more shots.

Scottie Pippen's highest shots per game average(17.8) came the season Jordan was retired. He never averaged more than 16.7 shot attempts in any other season in his career. I think the differences in shot attempts may have to do with the roles they had in the offense. Pippen could score, but he was more of the facilitatar and Jordan was the one who was the primary scorer.

He averaged well into the 16 range his whole career. I just double checked. So in essence, he got 4 more shots than Pau, even though Pau is the better offensive player.

#47 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 13, 2009 - 05:48 PM

Big men dont shoot as much, plus Pau doesnt demand the ball. question: is lakerfool from Colorado? His fav laker is Bynum, and he has done what in his career w/o Kobe making him look awesome?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#48 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:09 PM

Well damn, I guess Jordan decided not to let anyone else shoot the ball, then...just him and Scottie. What a ballhog. Biggest loser I've ever seen in the NBA. Didn't he know that Will Perdue and Bill Wennington could've been his third or fourth scoring options if he'd just give them the confidence by passing the ball, instead of chucking 23 shots per game? Seriously though.

#49 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:19 PM

Well damn, I guess Jordan decided not to let anyone else shoot the ball, then...just him and Scottie. What a ballhog. Biggest loser I've ever seen in the NBA. Didn't he know that Will Perdue and Bill Wennington could've been his third or fourth scoring options if he'd just give them the confidence by passing the ball, instead of chucking 23 shots per game? Seriously though.

Do you seriously think that it's a good idea that we have somebody shooting 55% from the field, and having him only shoot 12 times in a game?

Big men dont shoot as much, plus Pau doesnt demand the ball. question: is lakerfool from Colorado? His fav laker is Bynum, and he has done what in his career w/o Kobe making him look awesome?

If you have a post player, he should be the first option on every and any team.

#50 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:29 PM

Do you seriously think that it's a good idea that we have somebody shooting 55% from the field, and having him only shoot 12 times in a game?

I don't know. Kendrick Perkins gets less than six shots per game when he's shooting 59% from the field, but nobody complains about the unselfish Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

Too many scoring options? Well, Varejao plays 30 minutes a game and gets what...six shots per game on 51% shooting? That's better than LeBron, Williams and Ilgauskas.

Oh, just so you know...

Dwight Howard gets 12.6 FGA per game, at 57% from the floor.

Emeka Okafor gets 10.0 FGA per game, at 56.5% from the floor.

David Lee gets 11.8 FGA per game, at 55.9% from the floor.

Andris Biedrins? 9.1 FGA per game at 57.6% from the floor.

Andrew Bogut? 8.8 FGA per game at 57.7%.

Nene? 9.3 FGA at 59.9%.

Shaq? 11.4 FGA at 61%.

Pau Gasol? 12.6 FGA per game at 56.2%...pretty similar to all of them above, huh?

#51 elpermic

elpermic

Rookie

• 1,021 posts
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:worthy, kobe, magic

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:30 PM

I don't know. Kendrick Perkins gets less than six shots per game when he's shooting 59% from the field, but nobody complains about the unselfish Garnett, Pierce and Allen.

Too many scoring options? Well, Varejao plays 30 minutes a game and gets what...six shots per game on 51% shooting? That's better than LeBron, Williams and Ilgauskas.

Oh, just so you know...

Nene? 9.3 FGA at 59.9%.

Shaq? 11.4 FGA at 61%.

Pau Gasol? 12.6 FGA per game at 56.2%...pretty similar to all of them above, huh?

That's money.

I'd plow Vanessa Bryant.

#52 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,920 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:34 PM

That's money.

Always is.

#53 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 08:46 PM

If they make it everytime Kobe will average 20 assists per game easy

Posted Image

#54 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 14, 2009 - 10:40 PM

Oh, just so you know...

Nene? 9.3 FGA at 59.9%.

Shaq? 11.4 FGA at 61%.

I think Bynum's offensive game is better than most there with the exception of Gasol. I am not necessarily saying he should or a low post player should get more shots than 12 a game but the offense needs to run through the inside more often than not if you want to be successful in b-ball. So it is not so much how many shots but how to attack the defense.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#55 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 14, 2009 - 10:42 PM

I think Bynum's offensive game is better than most there with the exception of Gasol. I am not necessarily saying he should or a low post player should get more shots than 12 a game but the offense needs to run through the inside more often than not if you want to be successful in b-ball. So it is not so much how many shots but how to attack the defense.

then Bynum or Gasol need to do a better job of establishing good post position. We can't dump it into them 17 feet from the basket and ask them to go to work.

Edited by MDI, March 14, 2009 - 10:42 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#56 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 18, 2009 - 11:16 AM

Yesterday was a prime example of when Kobe should defer the ball, the Sixers had Donyell Marshall out there Pau and Lamar should of gotten the ball on every possession in the 4th.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#57 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 18, 2009 - 02:14 PM

Yesterday was a prime example of when Kobe should defer the ball, the Sixers had Donyell Marshall out there Pau and Lamar should of gotten the ball on every possession in the 4th.

Yes, he backslid. Got too caught up in matching AI. He didn't match up last night.

#58 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted March 18, 2009 - 04:31 PM

you do realize pippen had the ball in his hands as the point foward a bulk of the time

so MJ did not pass him the ball in fact pippen averaged 6apg for his career

its not a legitimate comparison because pippen got the ball on his own will and created for himself

you always get on kobe for not pointing out where pau should go well i'm sick of it

if Pau is this great HOFer you say he is why doesn't he ask for the damn ball instead of float around like gumby while letting kobe shoot

if hes some HOFer why doesn't he be assertive and tell kobe to give him the ball

it goes both ways dude not everythings one sided

if you ask me this proves pippen had 10 times the mental toughness of pau and lamar put together

he always kept the ball from MJ and got his and created for his teammates

maybe pau and lamar should stop being little women and ask for the damn ball
Posted Image

#59 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 18, 2009 - 04:39 PM

then Bynum or Gasol need to do a better job of establishing good post position. We can't dump it into them 17 feet from the basket and ask them to go to work.

Rarely are that out 17 ft. from the rim. They are almost always near or on the block 8-12 ft. out. When have you ever seen Bynum posting 17ft. out??? Gasol can be there as he has a mid range jump shot.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#60 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,357 posts

Posted March 18, 2009 - 04:41 PM

Rarely are that out 17 ft. from the rim. They are almost always near or on the block 8-12 ft. out. When have you ever seen Bynum posting 17ft. out??? Gasol can be there as he has a mid range jump shot.

are you kidding that was andrews issue early this year he was posting up too far out and then was unable to go deep enough to score

he improved somewhat at getting position but early this season he was horrible at it
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users