• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:23 PM

We also know this team isn't going to do jack when Kobe decides to be passive, like he was in the first half (scored what, six points, and we were down eleven).

When he took over the game, especially late in the fourth, we won.

I don't know what else to say about it.

exactly what im saying.

When Kobe's passive we end up getting in a big hole. When Kobe starts to look for his own shot and then look for his teammates we usually get out of the place with a W.

im not saying this will work all the time but its got us a 51-13 record so far so why fix something that aint completely broken.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#22 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:24 PM

exactly what im saying.

When Kobe's passive we end up getting in a big hole. When Kobe starts to look for his own shot and then look for his teammates we usually get out of the place with a W.

im not saying this will work all the time but its got us a 51-13 record so far so why fix something that aint completely broken.

Looking for his teammates is the key part. Chucking when your teammates miss a few, is not.

Pau should be getting 15-20 shots per game in Bynum's absense. Odom should be getting at least 10.

There's no excuse for Kobe to chuck. Pass the ball and have some trust in your teammates.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#23 Louizzle

Louizzle

L.A. All Day

• 945 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Derek Fisher

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:28 PM

It's all about making the right decisions. If you're teammates are missing open shots and you're giving them good looks, you have to have a good enough game sense to realize that you have to be a little more aggressive on the offensive end. If the rest of the team is doing good, then of course, your going to it to them a little more. But I do agree Pau should get a little more looks, but sometimes if the opposing team is smart enough they'll just throw a small double team at him to get the ball out of his hands.

Made By Vaporize

#24 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:45 PM

It's all about making the right decisions. If you're teammates are missing open shots and you're giving them good looks, you have to have a good enough game sense to realize that you have to be a little more aggressive on the offensive end. If the rest of the team is doing good, then of course, your going to it to them a little more. But I do agree Pau should get a little more looks, but sometimes if the opposing team is smart enough they'll just throw a small double team at him to get the ball out of his hands.

Pau Gasol is a 55% shooter. When other players are missing, dump it into the post. Kobe should never chuck 30 shots in a game with this team.

You pass it to Pau, Kobe's shots improve to, with the double teams you are talking about.

Kobe has the player of the month next to him. Utilize him. Stop hogging the ball.

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:27 PM

you Love Shaq this much LF?
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:34 PM

The Lakers are the most annoying team that I have ever watched this season, they must be thee most laziest cockiest basketballl team in the Nba and I have to put up with for the rest of the season, I just hope it clicks in there and they actually play hard for the whole 48 Minutes.

Edited by fsedifkkh, March 12, 2009 - 06:35 PM.

#27 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 06:44 PM

Looks like Kobe is a poster on TLN who has been treading my posts and taking my advice :thankyou:

#28 JEN

JEN

Legend

• 27,073 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:15 PM

Looks like Kobe is a poster on TLN who has been treading my posts and taking my advice :thankyou:

:lol:

#29 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 12, 2009 - 08:02 PM

yea they'll eventually make it, i mean when the game is over and they're in el segundo practicing they will make them. your absolutely right.

You say that as if the rest of the team sucks outside of Kobe. :rolleyes:
Basketball Reasons...

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 12, 2009 - 08:22 PM

Kobe goes to the bench, the Lakers suck. He comes back in and is passive for the third and fourth quarters, and we almost lose the game, until Bryant nails a "rescue me" three and the others finally step up.

The idea to get your teammates involved is good, obviously, because basketball is a team game. The idea to get them involved when we are LOSING is not a good idea, because our team contains only one true clutch player, possibly two if you count Fisher and his big shots down the stretch.

Kobe and Gasol, playing a two-man game, is more effective than Kobe passing it out to our poor-shooting campers (Vujacic, Farmar, for instance). He's involving less teammates, but involving the most productive.

All the while, Sasha was involved tonight, and so was Farmar, but both were fouling like crazy, and couldn't contain their man. Offense improves defense? Hardly.

#31 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 12, 2009 - 08:47 PM

Offense improves defense? See New York, Phoenix, and Golden State...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#32 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 12, 2009 - 08:51 PM

Thanks for that.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#33 Kenrae

Kenrae

Metal Mutant

• 954 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 11:39 AM

Actually offense improves defense, but defense improves offense too. They feed off each other.
If you hit your shots and take car of the ball, defending is easier because the other team can't run. If you defend well, produce steals, block shots and get defensive rebounds, offense is easier because you can make an offensive move while the other team is still building their defense.
That's why, in order to win it all, you must play well on both ends of the floor.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent

#34 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,948 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 13, 2009 - 12:41 PM

^ but regardless of your offense it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have your defense as a constant. Look at the cavs, i've seen them going through long stretches of absolutely garbage shooting and they're never out of the game because they force turnovers or play relentless defense to keep the score close.

Edited by MDI, March 13, 2009 - 12:41 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#35 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted March 13, 2009 - 12:58 PM

When Kobe has

1-3 assists, Lakers are 17-7
4-10 assists, 32-4
10+ assists, 3-2

Just a stat to put out there. Pretty awesome

#36 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 13, 2009 - 01:30 PM

This is only true when his teammates are hitting the shot. Walton, Odom, Ariza, Vujacic are all inconsistent playres. And Fisher is sometimes known to take ill advised shots. Its good when his teammates are taking and making shots but what happens when they are in a slump and just keep passing the ball to kobe. Thats our problem. We dont have an inside game aside from Kobe driving and kicking and occasionaly Pau's left hand.

We need Bynum back and next season a player that has the ability to drive to the basket asides from kobe.

We don't have an inside game? Pau is one of the most talented low post players in the game and LO's drives to the basket are sublime. Even Luke posts up when guarded by a smaller player. What you say makes little sense.

#37 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 01:48 PM

For a Phil Jackson team, it generally does.

Those teams you mentioned start out with no defense in the first place, so how can you add some to none?

The Lakers play their best defense when everybody is involved in scoring. We have capable players in Lamar, Ariza, and even Gasol. But when they're sitting around watching a ballhog chuck, they're going to be less involved on defense as well.

We don't have an inside game? Pau is one of the most talented low post players in the game and LO's drives to the basket are sublime. Even Luke posts up when guarded by a smaller player. What you say makes little sense.

It's fascinating isn't it?

These were the same arguments made a couple of years ago prior to Gasol and our role players developing.

Yet they are rehashing them! Kobe has no teammatses, blah blah blah. Kobe has awesome teammates, its Kobe's choice whether to be a ballhog loser like AI, or a team player, who gets his teammates shots.

#38 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 01:56 PM

Kobe has one awesome teammate, in Gasol. Don't ever call Lamar Odom awesome, or anyone else on the team. Awesome is consistency and production. Odom has, cone again, dropped off the face of the Earth from where he was after Bynum went down to injury, and when Bynum was playing, Lamar was about as valuable as Jordan Farmar, who is worth about a third of his paycheck.

Any non-Lakers fan is in agreement here. Kobe and Gasol are the only consistent, solid players for this team. We couldn't trade Lamar because he's inconsistent. We couldn't trade Fisher because he's slow and takes ill-advised shots that he would never, ever make (thank God he can make them in the 4th quarter, but it still hurts us in 36 minutes).

Isn't it funny when you go to a Suns message board (or forum, like on RealGM) and you read about how Steve Nash was snubbed as an all-star starter? Do you laugh when Wizards fans fly off the handle because Caron Butler didn't make it in? Kings fans at Kevin Martin?

Well, start laughing at some of the comments on here, about how great Walton is, how solid Odom is as a player, how incredible Farmar and Vujacic are off the bench (which was being said last season), because it's all false. Start looking at the NBA without the purple and gold glasses, and you'll see how bad those players really are.

#39 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 02:00 PM

Kobe has one awesome teammate, in Gasol. Don't ever call Lamar Odom awesome, or anyone else on the team. Awesome is consistency and production. Odom has, cone again, dropped off the face of the Earth from where he was after Bynum went down to injury, and when Bynum was playing, Lamar was about as valuable as Jordan Farmar, who is worth about a third of his paycheck.

Any non-Lakers fan is in agreement here. Kobe and Gasol are the only consistent, solid players for this team. We couldn't trade Lamar because he's inconsistent. We couldn't trade Fisher because he's slow and takes ill-advised shots that he would never, ever make (thank God he can make them in the 4th quarter, but it still hurts us in 36 minutes).

Isn't it funny when you go to a Suns message board (or forum, like on RealGM) and you read about how Steve Nash was snubbed as an all-star starter? Do you laugh when Wizards fans fly off the handle because Caron Butler didn't make it in? Kings fans at Kevin Martin?

Well, start laughing at some of the comments on here, about how great Walton is, how solid Odom is as a player, how incredible Farmar and Vujacic are off the bench (which was being said last season), because it's all false. Start looking at the NBA without the purple and gold glasses, and you'll see how bad those players really are.

Uh, Gasol only got 12 shots a game on Kobe's ball hogging binge.

And as for those other players, maybe they'd be more consistent if they got to shoot it everynight instead of coming to watch Kobe chuck up 30 shots.

Lamar Odom was taking around 5 shots a game when Kobe was on his binge as well. As inconsistent as Lamar is, 5 shots is not going to cut it.

Fisher is a good 40% from 3. That's all you can ask.

You have a big man shooting 55% from the fied, there is NO EXCUSE for anybody to chuck over 25 shots a game. It is damaging to the team, and it will cost us in the playoffs.

That's why I stand by my ground, that when Bynum is fully healthy, he is our best player. He has a larger impact on defense, but most importantly on offense, him being there stops Kobe's excuse to chuck. Bynum improves Kobe's play. I can only hope that Gasol becomes more assertive and puts his foot down when Kobe goes into ballhog mode, and starts chucking like Iverson.

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,877 posts

Posted March 13, 2009 - 02:06 PM

Uh, Gasol only got 12 shots a game on Kobe's ball hogging binge.

And as for those other players, maybe they'd be more consistent if they got to shoot it everynight instead of coming to watch Kobe chuck up 30 shots.

Lamar Odom was taking around 5 shots a game when Kobe was on his binge as well. As inconsistent as Lamar is, 5 shots is not going to cut it.

Fisher is a good 40% from 3. That's all you can ask.

You have a big man shooting 55% from the fied, there is NO EXCUSE for anybody to chuck over 25 shots a game. It is damaging to the team, and it will cost us in the playoffs.

That's why I stand by my ground, that when Bynum is fully healthy, he is our best player. He has a larger impact on defense, but most importantly on offense, him being there stops Kobe's excuse to chuck. Bynum improves Kobe's play. I can only hope that Gasol becomes more assertive and puts his foot down when Kobe goes into ballhog mode, and starts chucking like Iverson.

If Bynum is more valuable than Kobe, you might as well say that Bynum and Gasol could've made the NBA Finals without Bryant last season, so we can all laugh at you for a while.

The day Bynum is more valuable than Bryant before Kobe retires, I'll become a Celtics fan.

You're just getting pissed off that Bryant is a strong candidate for MVP, because since your days on CL, you have criticized Kobe every single chance you get, and it's just getting old now. You never show your face when he completely destroys teams and wins us games by himself, but then you forget to eat and sleep, and come to TLN when he has a bad game, just to make a new topic about Kobe's 20+ shots.

You never answered that post I made about Jordan, by the way, about how selfish he was in the 90's and those scoring sprees he went on. Pippen is better than Gasol...yet, Jordan did more shooting and scoring than Bryant has with Gasol. Michael Jordan just sucks, I guess. Stupid chucker, big loser, never won anything.

Magic >>>>> Jordan (being like everyone else).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users