1 reply to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 11, 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hey guys what's up? Check out Pau Gasol and me playing ourselves on CBS' Numb3rs on Friday at 10 p.m., March 13. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did. I also want to thank all the radio stations for having me on last week, it was a lot of fun.

As part of our team's overall goal to win the NBA Championship, we’re pumped to be the first team to hit 50 wins this season and Lakers coach Phil Jackson now wants us to be the first to reach 60. Starting this week, 10 of our next 13 games will be on the road. With the NBA’s best road record, we say, "Bring it on!"

The college regular season finished last weekend with my Bruins finishing second at 12-5 in the Pac-10 to Washington and 24-7 overall, and now the Pac-10 Tournament plays out at our Staples Center this week. It was Senior Day last weekend and it was great seeing my guys Josh Shipp, Darren Collison and Alfred Aboya, who I played with at UCLA, all get their due. No player has won more games as a Bruin than Aboya, who got his 116th victory. Alfred also shares the record for most games played with Darren. The trio playing their last game at home for the Bruins got me thinking about my own college career. I had an unforgettable experience. Life for a sports star on campus comes with a lot of attention and some privileges, sometimes not. Sometimes, teachers know who you are, they respect and appreciate what you do, and they work with you on what you have to do to get through in the classroom. But some teachers know you’re a star athlete and they’re not going to cut you any slack -- "I don’t care if you’re on the road, you have to read your chapters, you have to be here to do your pop quizzes and everything." So it’s like you’re going to have to work twice as hard. It's a catch-22, lol!

During this past season when I visited friends like Darren, it seemed like the girls were a lot better than when I was there, lol. It could be partly because I'm now on the outside looking in. But there just seemed like a different batch of girls now, a better crew that's come in. But I was also thinking about the difference between a big city campus or one in a smaller town. You know, I considered going to the University of Florida coming out of high school, and I was thinking how different things would've been. I’m talking life in general. I made so many contacts and associations through UCLA, especially being a hometown kid.

But I realize campus life at UCLA is not like Gainesville, Florida, which is essentially a college town, and everything around there revolves around the college. Westwood, California, lol, is nothing like that. It’s a commuter school; many students don’t live there. Just thinkabout how different that is than being in a community of 30,000-40,000 college kids, where you go to football games together, you live and party on campus, where you are part of a separate community that is big on school spirit. So it means a different college experience, a great experience, no doubt, but like a year-long summer camp. You'll find kids who want to have a good time, and be part of that. That's cool and it'll possibly be some of the best years of their lives.

http://www.playboy.c...-week-17-1.html

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 11, 2009 - 04:10 PM

playboy? :lol:

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users