25 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:45 PM

Keep it coming..

Like I care. This loss (Against the Cavs) wasn't on Zach Randolph, this loss isn't on Chris Kaman, this loss is on DUNLEAVY and his stupid plays and his OCD's such as running away from the ways that got you the lead in the first place.

You have a 19 point lead, so what do you do? Start running plays in the half court instead of sticking to what got you the lead. Oh and putting a "fresh" Chris Kaman who hasn't played for 5 months in at crunch time was very smart, let alone throw him the ball 4 POSSESSIONS IN A ROW as he keeps messing up.. Is very brilliant.

But I got what I wanted, a glimpse of what this team would be like with a different coach (or heck, no coach even). They looked great and everything was in sync. If you guys want me to be positive, bring on Blake Griffin, bring on the firing of coach Dunleavy. This loss brings us closer to both of those.

Now if you have to vent and blame everything on the Clippers for not winning against the freaking Cavs, with a horrible coach, and with 2 new players in the lineup, then you don't know much about basketball. Or maybe you just expect the Clippers to do your Lakers one big favor after another and hate them when they fail. Or maybe the Lakers should have just won the last game against the Blazers, instead of making other teams do your dirtywork, they would not have been in this predicament in the first place. Sorry to vent on the Lakers but I guarantee that if I step back and defend my Clippers and say something that reminds you of the Blazers game, a bunch of you are gona get all defensive and throw out comments about it. Everyone knows how to insult, but not many people know how to defend. So guess what- I said it, let's see what you guys are made of.

Whew what a long night. As harsh as I sometimes am, I love ya TLN even though you hate my Clips sometimes.
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#2 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:51 PM

when the lead was slipping away and during the last couple of possesions, what was Novak doing on the floor? :mellow:

dude didn't play the whole game

Edited by MDI, March 10, 2009 - 10:51 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#3 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:51 PM

This loss is on Dunleavy first and foremost, as usual, and secondly, on Kaman, not Z-Bo. Kaman made way more boneheaded mistakes than Z-Bo, for those that actually saw the entire 4th quarter. At least Z-Bo contributed.

#4 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:53 PM

Another Dunleavy OCD

When a current lineup does good, sub them out and put in people who haven't played. Who cares, they're not going to blow a lead anyways right? Oops wait..

This loss is on Dunleavy first and foremost, as usual, and secondly, on Kaman, not Z-Bo. Kaman made way more boneheaded mistakes than Z-Bo, for those that actually saw the entire 4th quarter. At least Z-Bo contributed.

Agreed, Dunleavy kept calling plays for Kaman, and Kaman actually looked like he didn't want it. One of the plays he wasn't even posting up, kinda signaling like "NO NO not me dude.. Pass it over there!"

The guy hasn't played for months. Do you think he's really gona have good decisionmaking, especially at the end of the game? Why the hell do you not keep in Camby...
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#5 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 10, 2009 - 10:54 PM

I agree that Dunleavy is the most to blame. But it was kind of a spur of the moment thing with blaming Randolph given how terrible a shot it truly was.

Eric Gordon had Boobie Gibson on him for much of the 2nd half, and hardly had any plans ran for him. For those that don't know, Gibson is not by any means a good defender. Keeping Chris Kaman in the game that late in his first game back while having Marcus Camby rotting on the bench was as stupid as it could possibly get.

The look on the Clippers faces as the Cavs made their run, though, was what really showed me they would probably lose this game. They get deflated so quickly and it looked like they just gave up, even when they were still up 7 with 3 minutes to go. They showed no fight or heart there in the 4th quarter and it's a shame because they have a ton of talent on paper, but the reality is that this team isn't ever going to get their [expletive] together.

Sterling's cheap [expletive] needs to get rid of Dunleavy all together, get rid of Baron Davis & Zach Randolph (in my opinion), hope for a good draft, hire a competent coach and GM, and pray that things go well.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#6 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:04 PM

I agree that Dunleavy is the most to blame. But it was kind of a spur of the moment thing with blaming Randolph given how terrible a shot it truly was.

Eric Gordon had Boobie Gibson on him for much of the 2nd half, and hardly had any plans ran for him. For those that don't know, Gibson is not by any means a good defender. Keeping Chris Kaman in the game that late in his first game back while having Marcus Camby rotting on the bench was as stupid as it could possibly get.

The look on the Clippers faces as the Cavs made their run, though, was what really showed me they would probably lose this game. They get deflated so quickly and it looked like they just gave up, even when they were still up 7 with 3 minutes to go. They showed no fight or heart there in the 4th quarter and it's a shame because they have a ton of talent on paper, but the reality is that this team isn't ever going to get their [expletive] together.

Sterling's cheap [expletive] needs to get rid of Dunleavy all together, get rid of Baron Davis & Zach Randolph (in my opinion), hope for a good draft, hire a competent coach and GM, and pray that things go well.

Yes, second half. Isn't that the half that Dunleavy decided to take the reigns and change the game style? Oh yes, why it certainly was. And how many points did Gordon have in the second half? Like 2?

I know why. Because we should feed Kaman in clutch time instead of give it to your teams 2nd best scorer. And obviously the team is deflated when Cavs are making their run, because they know that when Dunleavy is calling the plays, they're not gona win. They would much rather run it themselves instead of Dunleavy's stale plays that don't work... Quote that.

And yes Randolph's shot was incredibly stupid. He thought there was less time on the clock and it was his fault for shooting it, but that's NOT what lost the game for us. The game was lost during the run, plain and simple. We were not supposed to rely on a last second 3 pointer to win the game, this game was supposed to be in cruise control in the 4th.

Oh and another thing, when Dunleavy's stupid last second play fizzles, obviously Zach isn't gona know what to do. He is, however, supposed to know how much time is left. So that part is his mistake. But Dunleavy obviously can't draw up plays that work.

#7 Vaporize

Vaporize

Sixth Man

• 2,939 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:05 PM

Totally agree with you TCI. Clippers can't progress with Dunleavy still as their head coach

Posted Image

#8 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:06 PM

What I don't understand is why the Clippers didn't call a timeout when they had trouble inbounding the ball to Baron Davis. They still had one, but nobody called it.

#9 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:08 PM

^ What's not to understand? They're the Clippers. Nuff' said.

Totally agree with you TCI. Clippers can't progress with Dunleavy still as their head coach

Same.

#10 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:08 PM

What I don't understand is why the Clippers didn't call a timeout when they had trouble inbounding the ball to Baron Davis. They still had one, but nobody called it.

Agree agree agree agree +1!! I couldn't believe it either!!

Quoting my friend from a Clippers forum, username is ekker3:

1. if you're blaming this loss on chris kaman, you're nuts. chris caused a lot of second thinking from cavs players trying to make a shot in the paint and did a great job with his presence. would've liked to see him go after more rebounds later in the game but like everyone's said, he went 10 minutes over today and was butt tired - out of game shape. he also had some excellent movement to get himself open shots but they just didnt fall on his first game back after 45+ games. they'll fall soon enough.

2. im one of the few dunleavy backers on the board and this is one of the games i place blame on coach. aside from playing chris so many minutes (i guess dun felt his intimidation presence was causing the cavs problems), he didnt do a good job of managing the begining of the fourth. after 3 solid quarters of ball movement, excellent play calling, etc, the team fell into a "complacency slump" and players started trying to create their own shot (esp. randolph and thornton). sure enough, our shooting percentage made a dramatic drop and the cavs began their comeback.
on top of that, i have no idea why dunleavy didnt call a timeout during that botched inbounds play with 6 seconds left. we had a timeout available, the inbounds play was obviously going nowhere, and it was a do or die situation. you gotta recognize that and draw up something else.

Even the ones who like Dunleavy agree this time. And like he said, I don't blame Kaman. Kaman just got thrown to the wolves by Dunleavy... And of course, of all the games of all the teams to make your comeback, you had to do it against the team with the best record in the East, and play 10 minutes over what you're scheduled when you're severely out of shape and without any in game experience for months. NOT ONLY THAT, but to be the center of all the offensive plays? Wow man!

#11 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:10 PM

Yeah, I don't think anybody is blaming Chris Kaman for the loss.

#12 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:16 PM

BTW Vaporize I like your avatar :yes:

#13 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:24 PM

Well, it's not entirely Z-bo's fault, he is not exactly the brightest tool in the drawer, and you give the ball on crunch time? Absolute disaster... As bad as Davis is playing (he is a scrub this year), he lives with these moments, I would give the ball to him...

Can't blame Kaman either, because he's not your typical scoring bigman, then add months of ring rust... While Camby's [expletive] is glued to the bench...

Putting Novak down the stretch, when he didn't play much was just plain idiotic, no ifs and buts about it... That is like playing Sun Yue game 7 of the NBA Finals, 20 sec. left on the clock, down by 3...

Oh, and Rose Garden is the Laker's biggest kryptonite... The last time they won there is like 2005, even the Kobe-Shaq dynasty were struggling to win there... I would prefer a game 7 in Utah, easily...

Yes, it's Dunleavy's fault...

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 10, 2009 - 11:27 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#14 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:41 PM

Well, it's not entirely Z-bo's fault, he is not exactly the brightest tool in the drawer, and you give the ball on crunch time? Absolute disaster... As bad as Davis is playing (he is a scrub this year), he lives with these moments, I would give the ball to him...

Can't blame Kaman either, because he's not your typical scoring bigman, then add months of ring rust... While Camby's [expletive] is glued to the bench...

Putting Novak down the stretch, when he didn't play much was just plain idiotic, no ifs and buts about it... That is like playing Sun Yue game 7 of the NBA Finals, 20 sec. left on the clock, down by 3...

Oh, and Rose Garden is the Laker's biggest kryptonite... The last time they won there is like 2005, even the Kobe-Shaq dynasty were struggling to win there... I would prefer a game 7 in Utah, easily...

Yes, it's Dunleavy's fault...

Agreed.

But the ball wasn't designed to go to Zach in crunch time, that's the beauty of Dunleavy's play failure. Dunleavy was trying to get the ball to Davis but his play sucked and didn't work.. So Zach tried to bail him out. Why didn't he call TO?

#15 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 11:59 PM

"I probably played the guys who were out due to injury a little too much, and it showed that they were unconditioned," coach Mike Dunleavy said. "It is disappointing to play as well as we did in the first three quarters and not finish the game strong."

http://sports.espn.g...ameId=290310012

At least he realizes what he did; unfortunately, it's a case of too little too late.

#16 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 12:00 AM

He didn't realize it, he said I "PROBABLY" played them too long. Meaning he's not even sure.. LOL!

Way to go MD...

Let's give Sam Mitchell a call.

#17 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:33 AM

Stop TCI...

It's the players' fault. Remember? :unsure:

#18 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted March 11, 2009 - 11:54 AM

But I got what I wanted, a glimpse of what this team would be like with a different coach (or heck, no coach even).

just watched this on the tivo this morning. i thought the same exact thing.

#19 OrangeZack

OrangeZack

DR OCTOGONAPUS BLAHHHH!

• 582 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 08:46 PM

DumbLEAVEy Needs to GTFO
Posted Image
ONE MORE COOKIE!

#20 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:26 PM

Read my blog. I hate dunleavy, and baron davis' shooting %

DumbLEAVEy Needs to GTFO

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users