105 replies to this topic

#101 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 16, 2009 - 10:00 AM

i get that, but phil and his rot. is vital to him, plus when he does make those type of moves, its considered a big deal by his players. That dramatic effect is key in all HOLLYWOOD projects. And this is called Kobe,Pau and Phil 2: Championship or Bust. The first one was great but the ending sucked, this one is good but i really think that ending is going to be something special. AND once that happens, al this "beef" (lol,lmao and lol again) will cease and TLN will have peace

Adam Morrison is a career 37% shooter coming off a serious knee injury playing for a new team. The fact that the suggestion of him playing over Luke is supported by so many shows the irrational hatred of Luke. He had a terrible game yesterday, but he's been playing well. I've seen people on this board hating on him for what he did (or didn't do) in the Portland game! If the Portland game is a benchmark, the whole team must go. But it's not. It's one game. Hating on Luke is hating on Phil.

#102 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2009 - 10:54 AM

It isn't hatred to ask for Phil to let Sasha and Luke sit on the bench some when they are struggling. There was many arguments against Trevor starting earlier because of how Luke moved the ball and all the good things he could do with the starters as opposed to Space Cadet. I didn't figure the people talking about not starting Trevor was hating on him, just thought Luke should start. Well, Luke, as sad as this is, goes to Phil and suggests that Trevor start and Phil does it and bang LA is better and Trevor is playing light's out. It has nothing to do with hate or the Portland game, it has to do with some games Sasha and Luke help this team a lot. Other games, they completely stink. In the games where they stink what would it hurt to see what Shannon and Adam could do? If nothing else, maybe it ignites a fire under Sasha and Luke and they play better. When Radman wasn't playing as well as he was earlier in the year, Phil benched him and put Luke in. When Mihm wasn't getting it, they sent him packing and put DJ in his place. Why is Luke any better to be benched than Mihm or Radman? Same with Sasha. It isn't hate either. Sasha, Mihm, Luke and Mo Evans are four of the nicest Lakers in recent years and I enjoyed the heck out of meeting all four. I don't hate any Laker, but I don't see how it would hurt to give Adam and Shannon some minutes and see how they do. If they suck, so be it. I want to see it for myself.

#103 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 16, 2009 - 11:21 AM

It isn't hatred to ask for Phil to let Sasha and Luke sit on the bench some when they are struggling. There was many arguments against Trevor starting earlier because of how Luke moved the ball and all the good things he could do with the starters as opposed to Space Cadet. I didn't figure the people talking about not starting Trevor was hating on him, just thought Luke should start. Well, Luke, as sad as this is, goes to Phil and suggests that Trevor start and Phil does it and bang LA is better and Trevor is playing light's out. It has nothing to do with hate or the Portland game, it has to do with some games Sasha and Luke help this team a lot. Other games, they completely stink. In the games where they stink what would it hurt to see what Shannon and Adam could do? If nothing else, maybe it ignites a fire under Sasha and Luke and they play better. When Radman wasn't playing as well as he was earlier in the year, Phil benched him and put Luke in. When Mihm wasn't getting it, they sent him packing and put DJ in his place. Why is Luke any better to be benched than Mihm or Radman? Same with Sasha. It isn't hate either. Sasha, Mihm, Luke and Mo Evans are four of the nicest Lakers in recent years and I enjoyed the heck out of meeting all four. I don't hate any Laker, but I don't see how it would hurt to give Adam and Shannon some minutes and see how they do. If they suck, so be it. I want to see it for myself.

I think Brown is worth looking at, Morrison's too gimpy though. But Sasha was a fourth quarter guy last year, and you know how Phillip is with his rotation's. Even Mitch Richmond didn't play much.

#104 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 16, 2009 - 03:40 PM

I think Brown is worth looking at, Morrison's too gimpy though. But Sasha was a fourth quarter guy last year, and you know how Phillip is with his rotation's. Even Mitch Richmond didn't play much.

If Sasha gets back to like last year he should be a fourth quarter guy. I have said on here I know how important it is to get Drew back, but right behind that in my opinion is getting Sasha jumpstarted. Shannon could get a few of his minutes as well as those of Jordan too. I think there is rotation times for Adam. Say last 3 minutes of 3Q and 1Q and maybe end of 2Q. I like Adam and think he can help this team in certain spots. Radman and Luke aren't great defenders either. Regardless of Adam, I do hope Sasha gets untracked. As I said, when I go to games, Luke and Sasha are some of the best guys on the team as far as relating to fans etc. MIhm and Evans were good too in that regard. Believe me, I don't hate Sasha. I think he is so valuable when his shot is on. His shot right now is soooo close. I wish he could put 2-3 good games together in a row. LA needs him. Luke, regardless of how you, me or anyone else feels is going to get his PT and sometimes he looks really good out there. Some days when he is really struggling that is when I would like to see Adam get a shot. Not a biggie either way, but getting Sasha untracked I think is a biggie. Go Lakers.

#105 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 16, 2009 - 06:32 PM

I wouldn't complain either if I was being paid millions and not performing well. Why would we buy him out of a multi-year contract? They gave him a contract they felt he earned at the time. And what did he do afterwards? Fired his shooting coach and opened a restaurant where he spent all off-season working at. You think just because he puts on a lakers jersey, then that frees a person from all criticism. Go ahead and keep defending him. It certainly isn't making you look any smarter.

Now Im dumb-looking. So obviously Phil is also, b/c he defends him more than I do. I like Luke as a player and as a teammate. he is great for the Lakers organization, and Morrison isnt ready

BOTTOM LINE
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#106 revgen

revgen

Rookie

• 969 posts

Posted March 16, 2009 - 07:37 PM

No.

Next question.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users