Should we Start Morrison

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:41 PM

I guess he wouldn't get 2 points and 0 rebounds in 25 minutes huh? It may be a stupid idea, but is it really any more stupid than starting Luke over Lamar when Drew was healthy?

Yea, Luke gets 2/0 in 25min every game right? You're only as good as your last game I guess. I guess the Lakers also lose every game?

And Morrison is brand new to the team, and might not even get 2/0 against starters yet consistently. Let him play first.

#42 Master Zen

Master Zen

Rookie

• 482 posts
  • Name:Hugues
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Ron Artest

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:44 PM

He doesn't know the triangle yet and you want him to start? Come on men...

Ariza should start

#43 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,825 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:46 PM

More minutes? Hell yes. Starting? Hell no.

What should really be our issue is WHAT should be done about Sasha's minutes. Give them to Shannon Brown and try to light a fire under pretty boy's arse.

#44 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:51 PM

Yea, Luke gets 2/0 in 25min every game right? You're only as good as your last game I guess. I guess the Lakers also lose every game?

And Morrison is brand new to the team, and might not even get 2/0 against starters yet consistently. Let him play first.

Luke is averging 4.8 points per game and 2.5 rebounds so no he doesn't go 2-0 every game, but he isn't the best option LA has at that position. My opinion on Luke has nothing to do with last night's game. Someone other than me started this thread about Morrison. I would have told you yesterday and will tell you tomorrow Luke doesn't deserve to start. He isn't LA's best option at SF. Fine, don't start Morrison, start Ariza or someone else. As I have posted several times, Luke better hope Phil returns as coach because if he did retire after this season Luke won't be starting next year. There isn't another coach in this league who would start Luke on this team. He is Phil's pet and for what reasons I don't know.

#45 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 02:55 PM

More minutes? Hell yes. Starting? Hell no.

What should really be our issue is WHAT should be done about Sasha's minutes. Give them to Shannon Brown and try to light a fire under pretty boy's arse.

I was amazed the night LA played Denver and no one could throw it in the ocean that Phil never gave Morrison or Brown a look that night. Especially Morrison who can shoot pretty good. Luke and Trevor were off bad that night and yet not even a couple of minutes to those guys. I would let Shannon take some of Sasha's minutes and Jordan's minutes. Sasha and Lamar have got to start playing smarter on the court. LA starts comeback last night and Sasha kept fouling. Once Portland had 1 second left on shot clock and Lamar fouls a Portland player.

#46 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 10, 2009 - 03:56 PM

Luke is averging 4.8 points per game and 2.5 rebounds so no he doesn't go 2-0 every game, but he isn't the best option LA has at that position. My opinion on Luke has nothing to do with last night's game. Someone other than me started this thread about Morrison. I would have told you yesterday and will tell you tomorrow Luke doesn't deserve to start. He isn't LA's best option at SF. Fine, don't start Morrison, start Ariza or someone else. As I have posted several times, Luke better hope Phil returns as coach because if he did retire after this season Luke won't be starting next year. There isn't another coach in this league who would start Luke on this team. He is Phil's pet and for what reasons I don't know.

Following this thread to it's logical conclusion, it seems clear what the problem is: Walton does the best he can, so the blame for playing him must be laid at Philip's door, as well as his error in not playing Morrison. Therefore, Philip must go. If he can't make a decision that any average fan can make, he's not fit to be coaching our beloved Lakers.

#47 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:18 PM

You guys are judging all of Luke based on his PPG?
Luke took four shots last night. He's clearly not in the game for scoring purposes. He fits the offense, he can make plays, and he's been in the system longer than everyone outside of Kobe and Fish.

#48 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 10, 2009 - 04:45 PM

Following this thread to it's logical conclusion, it seems clear what the problem is: Walton does the best he can, so the blame for playing him must be laid at Philip's door, as well as his error in not playing Morrison. Therefore, Philip must go. If he can't make a decision that any average fan can make, he's not fit to be coaching our beloved Lakers.

what up scott. Luke is the starter. he does what he does. luke's value cant be judged by a boxscore or by stats. he is the best fit for the starters. he doesnt lose us any games.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#49 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:01 PM

I hate luke. I say start Powell and move Odom to SF.

No way Odom is even worse at SF.

#50 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:14 PM

I agree with you, Luke is wack. I thought you were gonna call me a Luke Lover in that post.

Did I say someone else can't start in place of him? That's a whole nother story, I was just responding to Morrison starting.

#51 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,990 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:30 PM

Did Morrion even made a 3 as a Laker or much less a jumpshot as a Laker yet.

Edited by fsedifkkh, March 10, 2009 - 05:31 PM.

#52 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:49 PM

Did Morrion even made a 3 as a Laker or much less a jumpshot as a Laker yet.

Yeah he did a week or two ago vs the Suns in LA during garabge time.

#53 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,990 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 05:52 PM

Yeah he did a week or two ago vs the Suns in LA during garabge time.

so this great shooter/scorer made only 1 thre pointer after 10+ attempts

Edited by fsedifkkh, March 10, 2009 - 05:52 PM.

#54 larry14r

larry14r

Rookie

• 790 posts

Posted March 10, 2009 - 06:24 PM

so this great shooter/scorer made only 1 thre pointer after 10+ attempts

Well he's not getting no playing time and is still recovering from a serious ACL injury plus getting his conferdence back to boot.

#55 Scott P

Scott P

Rookie

• 811 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Sedalle Threatt

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:16 AM

Well he's not getting no playing time and is still recovering from a serious ACL injury plus getting his conferdence back to boot.

And that makes him an ideal starter?

#56 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,328 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted March 11, 2009 - 09:20 AM

Start Mbenga. He won't be so productive, but we need more big bodies inside !

#57 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 01:47 PM

I agree with you, Luke is wack. I thought you were gonna call me a Luke Lover in that post.

Did I say someone else can't start in place of him? That's a whole nother story, I was just responding to Morrison starting.

I am not calling you a Luke lover. I know some think he deserves to start and that is their right. I just happen to disagree. I am not a Luke, Trevor or Adam Lover. I like all 3, but love the Lakers. I just happen to think someone else besides Luke should start. I wasn't the one who started the post saying Adam should start. If it were up to me, I would probably start Trevor and see if Luke could shake up the second team and settle Jordan and Sasha down a little and let them get better shots. I would find a way to try and get Adam and Shannon a few minutes each half though.

#58 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,810 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 11, 2009 - 01:49 PM

Short answer? No.

Long answer? Heck no.

The End.

#59 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,801 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 11, 2009 - 01:55 PM

You guys are judging all of Luke based on his PPG?
Luke took four shots last night. He's clearly not in the game for scoring purposes. He fits the offense, he can make plays, and he's been in the system longer than everyone outside of Kobe and Fish.

everybody just ignored this, haha

i believe somebody should eventually replace luke, but as of now, he's the best fit.

morrison is simply not ready to start and if we start ariza, we lose that defensive-minded energy coming off the bench (which we really need).

bynum coming back will solve these problems. hurry back drew!

Edited by androsays, March 11, 2009 - 01:56 PM.

2div

#60 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 11, 2009 - 01:58 PM

everybody just ignored this, haha

i believe somebody should eventually replace luke, but as of now, he's the best fit.

morrison is simply not ready to start and if we start ariza, we lose that defensive-minded energy coming off the bench (which we really need).

bynum coming back will solve these problems. hurry back drew!

How is Bynum going to solve the fact Luke doesn't deserve to start? I know he is a messageboard superstar, but doubt he can play 2 positions. I just want him to play one and not get hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users