Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 08, 2009 - 10:46 PM

What do you folks think about it so far? I've only seen the first full episode and a bit of the second and third. So far, it doesn't look very promising to me unfortunately, but I'll give it more time. Reviews from what I've heard and read so far have been iffy iffy.

I've always been a Conan fan and can't wait for his debut on the tonight show, but yeah..

Edited by Chicano, March 09, 2009 - 02:22 PM.

#2 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2009 - 11:43 PM

i can't believe he was the best they could come up with?

Posted Image

#3 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,979 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 08, 2009 - 11:48 PM

Wouldn't watch it if you paid me.

Jimmy Fallon is terrible at everything he does.

#4 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:23 PM

I'd say by far as most 'reviewers' have mentioned as well, the best thing he's got going for him so far is having the awesome 'Roots' band as his band.

#5 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:31 PM

From what I've seen, I think he's more entertaining with his guests than he is with anything else he's doing.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:35 PM

^ I would most definitely agree with this as well. The 'Lick it for Ten' segment is horrible imo, although I will say it has SOME potential with possibly some hot chicks doing it from time to time and giving it a REAL lick so to speak, but so far, sadly, hasn't happened.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,147 posts

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:43 PM

how did jimmy fallon get this job he must have sucked someone off to get it

i mean c'mon jimmy fallon thats like C-list possibly D-list comedy right there
Posted Image

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:46 PM

Dave Chappelle should've got it. Bill Maher could've been pretty hilarious too, but obviously he only likes to work once a week on his Real Time show.

#9 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,662 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:43 PM

i didn't think about that, but dave chappelle would have been a great choice

Posted Image

#10 Machinehead

Machinehead

BringBackSasha

• 6,671 posts
  • Name:Daniel
  • Fan Since:Radmanovic's long hair days.
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 12, 2009 - 04:38 AM

I've watched every episode and I kind of like it. He's pretty funny with his guests. I know he's known for being the guy on SNL who would laugh and look at the camera in every skit he did so I can see why some would criticize him. Haha, but I think he's done a pretty good job.

Oh and, like Chicano, I'm a big Conan fan and can't wait till his new show in....June, I think.
Posted Image

#11 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 12, 2009 - 12:45 PM

^ Yeah, June indeed. Can't wait either. I'm psyched! Just sucks that it takes so long, like why such a long effin' break? Jay Leno's still working new shows constantly.

Anyway, back on Jimmy, his opening theme song is alright too, but I have a feeling it will get annoying really fast. I really don't see the need in them having to play it at the end of every show too, but hey, to each their own. Craig Ferguson does it too, but his is actually a lot more tolerable imo.

#12 Sako32

Sako32

LIKE A ROLLING STONE

• 1,217 posts
  • Name:Sako
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, & Bynum

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:38 PM

Ive been watching Late Night w/Jimmy since show 1, i gotta say it definately not worth staying up for, Conan was worth staying up, did so everynight.

Posted Image

#13 Smart Alex

Smart Alex

Most Obsessed Megan Fox

• 5,451 posts
  • Name:Alex.
  • Fan Since:Strawberry Fields Forever
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:40 PM

[b]Shouldve gave it to Jimmy Kimmel, and sent Fallon to abc. At least Jimmy has Guerillmo.[/b]

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure.
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences,
and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon,
for each day to have a new and different sun."

#14 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 12, 2009 - 07:59 PM

Give him 6 months or so.... He just started and needs to learn the trade much like a rookie nba player.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#15 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted March 14, 2009 - 10:58 PM

the shows getting better as time progresses, but i agree, they could have found a better host.
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#16 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 14, 2009 - 11:41 PM

He was on Larry King Live yesterday and most of the blog hits they read on the show opinionated on him were brutal.

#17 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 15, 2009 - 10:09 AM

I saw the first episode and it was just plain horrible (minus the roots; they were great). I didn't have high expectations to begin with, but he shot even lower than expected.

Conan was funny from the get-go. His first episode, while not a homerun, you can tell there was something special about him (but I did have bias since I watched his first episode 5 or 6 years ago, when conan was already great). Although I do remember watching Kimmel's first episode when it first premiered and I thought he did good (but he did have experience with his own show previous to that).

I just don't see it with Fallon. Maybe I'm wrong. It may just be the writing. His monologue was crap. He may just need to shake out those jitters. He didn't look too comfortable or natural up there. Only time will tell I guess.

#18 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 15, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Yeah, just check out this totally akward interview with Russell Brand Jimmy had recently:

Jimmy does real bad in this interview. He's totally awkward and doesn't go with the flow, especially when Russell hits on the chicks in the crowd, what's up with Jimmy's overreaction? C'mon.

#19 daco_inc

daco_inc

Starter

• 4,431 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:growing up: magic, now: kobe

Posted March 15, 2009 - 02:35 PM

Wow. Did they even evaluate his interviewing skill before they hired him? It seems like they chose him on reputation alone (which wasn't even that great to begin with).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users