• Please log in to reply
182 replies to this topic

#161 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,395 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted December 07, 2008 - 09:02 AM

I've been a De La Hoya fan since I was little. It was very sad to see the way De La Hoya fought. He looked his age in the fight plain and simple.

It was after the 2nd round that De La Hoya started having the body language of "I just dont have it anymore, I can't match up with the top fighters anymore."

Pacquiao is a great fight. Absolute quickness and power. He abused De La Hoya.

It's time for the Golden Boy to hang up the gloves. Even though I have a feeling he could potentially have one more fight against someone he should beat, just so he go out on top though. But if he fights like he did last night, he can't beat anymore.

#162 JavierLakerFan16

JavierLakerFan16

Lakers Live

• PipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted December 07, 2008 - 10:30 AM

De La Hoya reminds me of Bret Farve, both love their sport but cant find inside them to call it quits. Last night De La Hoya looked soo slow, he allowed Manny throw 558 punches in 7 rds now that is telling you something there. But yeahh would love him to go out with a win, see what happens but he will be up there with the best when its all done. Brown Pride!

#163 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,365 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted December 07, 2008 - 07:37 PM

sorry i cant help it

"lol"

Posted Image

#164 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:27 AM

sorry but that was a sorry fight, yeah it was great for us filipinos and most in the media thought DLH would annihilate manny due to his size but that didnt happen because we all saw that his age caught up with him. i doubt manny will fight the 30 year old margarito, dude is bigger, faster, taller and younger than DLH, and is just plain big in size because he usually fights in the weight class manny was just at, but manny was originally a junior flyweight which starts at 108lbs .... not too easy for him and he would probably lose but you never know .... also for my mexican friends, the "mexican killer" title is not pacmans idea or ours, its given by the boxing promoters and the media (check the internet) so we just go with it but it is not intended to be against your entire race, i hope you guys dont take it like that because were all cool here
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#165 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted December 08, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Magarito would eat Pacquio alive, that is our real fighter right there, anyone would agree to this

your real fighter needs to fight paul williams
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#166 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 10:10 AM

Haters?

Money-Mayweater would kill Pacman. Even p4p knows that and he loves Pacman.

money would need a few tuneups before he gets in there...you dont come off 2 years and step up to that kind of speed...hatton-manny will be big but money vs manny would be HUGE
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#167 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:10 PM

your real fighter needs to fight paul williams

he already fought willams...

anyways

Freddie Roach – No, it's been crazy so I haven't been able to talk to him. I just want him to enjoy the win. I get asked now,'who's next, who's next?', and I say, “Who cares?” (laughs) I just want him to enjoy this one. We weren't supposed to win this one, so we'll just enjoy this one for now. Obviously there is Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather Jr out there, and Ricky is the leading guy right now because Floyd has not come back yet. There are other possibilities, and people are actually asking 'What about Margarito?' Look I am a brave guy, but I am not stupid, so that's not going to happen.

Link

#168 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:34 PM

he already fought willams...

anyways
Link

and lost...

williams and goosen put up $4mil and a chance at redemption...margarito said no and took $2mil to fight mosely
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#169 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 08, 2008 - 01:42 PM

and lost...

williams and goosen put up $4mil and a chance at redemption...margarito said no and took $2mil to fight mosely

ya and?

#170 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:06 PM

ya and?

great way to legitimize being the best at 147
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#171 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:12 PM

great way to legitimize being the best at 147

wtf r u talking bout?? lol all i was saying is that margarito would beat pacquiao? and then u bring up williams which he already fought..

#172 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:23 PM

wtf r u talking bout?? lol all i was saying is that margarito would beat pacquiao? and then u bring up williams which he already fought..

well, if that's how you cope with losses then to each his own i guess

you bring up margarito, i bring up his unfinished business
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#173 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:31 PM

theres a miniscual chance (i mean like 5%) that manny could fight and beat margarito, we all know that, but dont try and throw him in our faces like hes the final straw when hes been avoiding a guy that beat him bad, like i said already, manny is a NATURAL flyweight and should at MAX be fighting at the 120's (featherweight) for a guy thats only 5'6, your margarito is an UNNATURAL welterweight at almost 6ft tall, everyone that knows boxing knows this, why dont your boy GO UP 2-3 weight classes and fight undefeated Lucian Bute in super middleweight who stands only 6'2 since youre asking manny to stay up? hes only a few inches taller so its almost the same scenario
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#174 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:39 PM

theres a miniscual chance (i mean like 5%) that manny could fight and beat margarito, we all know that, but dont try and throw him in our faces like hes the final straw when hes been avoiding a guy that beat him bad, like i said already, manny is a NATURAL flyweight and should at MAX be fighting at the 120's (featherweight) for a guy thats only 5'6, your margarito is an UNNATURAL welterweight at almost 6ft tall, everyone that knows boxing knows this, why dont your boy GO UP 2-3 weight classes and fight undefeated Lucian Bute in super middleweight who stands only 6'2 since youre asking manny to stay up? hes only a few inches taller so its almost the same scenario

fock bute...let him rematch with Daniel Santos at 54 or Williams at 47

margarito-pac will NOT happen...and to bring him up just reeks of sour grapes...
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#175 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,365 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 02:48 PM

thank you margarito and pacman wont happen because manny only went up in weight class to fight dela hoya and manny is just not suited for welter weight hes too short but he is very effective

manny I hope stays in light weight cause he practically can demolish all featherweights

#176 Guest_Spooky_*

Guest_Spooky_*

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:42 PM

well, if that's how you cope with losses then to each his own i guess

you bring up margarito, i bring up his unfinished business

and lost...

if thats the case mayweather turned down 8 million to fight marg.. u can say the same thing about any boxer marg dosnt want to fight p.w. floyd didnt want to fight marg.. i still dont see what paul williams has to do with marg vs pac but if u wana keep changing the subject go for it..

Edited by Spooky, December 08, 2008 - 03:44 PM.

#177 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 03:53 PM

if thats the case mayweather turned down 8 million to fight marg.. u can say the same thing about any boxer marg dosnt want to fight p.w. floyd didnt want to fight marg.. i still dont see what paul williams has to do with marg vs pac but if u wana keep changing the subject go for it..

Who’s changing the subject? The subject was PAC-DLH right? You even said it would never happen yet you felt the need to bring up and state the obvious…WTF does Margarito have to do with anything? Unless, like I said, its your way of dealing with things

If there was no Margarito, what would you say? At least Chris Arreola would beat Manny? Ketchup dude…pour it over that crow
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#178 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 04:39 PM

Posted Image
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#179 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,365 posts

Posted December 08, 2008 - 06:39 PM

ricky hatton next?

#180 Aceis²FresH

Aceis²FresH

║│ █│║ ▌║│█║▌║▌║

• 2,701 posts