"venting" slam

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted March 07, 2009 - 09:49 PM

24 is that dude, and I'm not talking about the TV show.
I'm not gonna say much about this, but here's something to think about. Kobe is still the best player in the League. And it's not as close as you think

It's Not His Fault But Damn
But sportswriters have got to stop being such Stan's of this guy. It's making me not like LeBron, making me root against the Cavs just so these clowns can stop deifying him. It annoys me.

It's gotten out of hand. At the start of the season they gave him the Lindsay Lohan treatment with writers and message boards flooded with conversations about how much he weighed and then guys started giving him the MVP award around Thanksgiving. Then it was conversations about why his shoe isn't selling like they thought it would. And I'm like because we're in a recession douchebag! Are you that thick-headed?

I tried to stay silent about this, but I just don't want to anymore. when professionals are gushing, it's just weird. My last straw was about two weeks ago when during one of the Sunday afternoon ABC telecasts they mentioned that during halftime there was a Bron interview. Which would have been fine except the Cavs weren't even playing! I can't recall which teams were out there, but I recall for sure that Mike Brown wasn't patrolling the sidelines. There was no reason for him to be profiled, I mean, who in the hell cares? I know media organizations are on nervous mode and writers and TV analysts are just trying to do their jobs, but you do our profession and the fans a disservice by constantly grabbing your ankles.

Dwayne Wayne used to be the man. Now it's Dwyane Wade.
He's not underrated so that's not it. Everybody knows he's good, but there's this sense that he's a notch or two below the other two, he's the MVP. I don't want to hear nothing else about nobody else. Now will he win? Nope. As mentioned before, sportswriters these days are so conditioned with group think that he probably has no chance to unseat LeBron. And that's fine, it's not like James' numbers aren't worthy, it's just that, to me, he has a lot more help than Wade does. One more thing, aesthetically speaking, Wade blows him away. More creativity and less redundancy is the difference. Wade isn't the passer that Bron is, but overall he's the more exciting player. But you already knew that didn't you? You were just waiting to see if someone said it first right?

these are excerpts for the complete article go here

i agree with what he's saying...

on wade, for some reason the nba doesn't want to make wade the 'man' again, like they were doing a few years back. i don't know what it is, his divorce or that they truly need lebron to be the face of the nba, and after many years they are not able to accomplish that.

on lebron, i've read that his shoes don't sell as well as others, but nike wants to keep it quiet. i've read that kobe sells more shoes than lebron, and that's the reason kobe was the face of the hyperdunk instead of lebron. that the hyperdunk was nike's best selling shoe in a long time. that had a lot to do with kobe and his promotion. i really don't know how much of this is true, since i'm not into shoes. but i've read business experts saying this.

Edited by lili, March 07, 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#2 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 07, 2009 - 09:53 PM

The article is good except he praised Wade. WAdE pAiDe OfF dA rEFFz!!!!!!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users