Photo

Shaq and Dwyane Wade Had Issues?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted March 06, 2009 - 06:45 AM

Eventually, we'll know what happened with Shaq, Wade

Posted Image

As much as neither wanted to admit to even the slightest bit of dislike for each other, there's something between Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade that has somehow remained trapped in the confines of the locker room they used to share.

The encounters are becoming a little less friendly each time, and they are heading to the verge of just plain chilly.

That was Udonis Haslem, not Wade, whom O'Neal spent the pregame chatting up for several minutes, with Dorell Wright coming in late for a few words of his own. And the pretip handshake was typical, a hand slap, a halfway man hug and a tap from Wade on Shaq's bald head. Not much different from what Wade would have done to Rasheed Wallace before a game.

During the game, Wade broke the cardinal rule of playing against O'Neal, which goes something like this: Thou shalt not attempt to dunk on Shaq, at least if you want to retain consciousness and four healthy limbs. Wade knows that. He said as much before the two played against each other for the first time this year in Phoenix.

Yet there Wade was in the fourth quarter, elevating a few feet from the rim, with O'Neal standing in his way. Wade got the expected treatment, taking a shot near the face and falling to the floor as a result.

A MESSAGE

It was the foul before that when O'Neal knocked Wade to the floor and stood over his former teammate's body for a few extra moments staring down at him.

Playful? Maybe. A message? Probably that, too.

And it's not just a one-sided distaste.

Wade has continuously stated that the relationship between the two has died down some since O'Neal was traded to Phoenix last year.

And he said twice before Wednesday's game that his grandmother taught him to forgive but not forget.

What exactly did he need to forgive O'Neal for?

Was it strictly for bailing on the sinking ship that was the 15-victory Heat last season, or is there more to it?

Are those rumors of O'Neal mockingly calling Wade ''Wonder Boy'' toward the end of their tenure together true, and is that sticking with Wade? Maybe it's how O'Neal gushes over Bryant these days and never brings up the other two-guard with which he won a title.

Even Wednesday, O'Neal went as far as to mention Alonzo Mourning, Antoine Walker, Gary Payton, James Posey and Haslem as parts of his most vivid memories of the 2005-06 championship season.

Wade? He only spoke of him when asked specifically about him.

There must be something there. And if it isn't coming out yet, it eventually has to.

O'Neal's not one to keep those feelings hidden for long.

All it took was one comment from Stan Van Gundy, his former coach, about O'Neal's flop against Dwight Howard on Tuesday for Shaq to unleash fury on Van Gundy.

''One thing I really despise is a front-runner,'' O'Neal said of the Magic's coach. "I know for a fact he's a master of panic, and when it gets time for his team to go into the postseason and do certain things, he will let them down because of his panic. I've been there before. I've played for him.

"Yeah, it probably was a flop, but flopping is wrong. Flopping would describe his coaching.

"I'm not going to let anybody take shots at me. He's a nobody to me.''

That's pretty harsh, even coming from Shaq.

It's also more of his revisionist history at work. Van Gundy is hardly a front-runner.

He has been successful with every NBA team he coached, including the Heat team that reached the conference semifinals the season before O'Neal got to Miami.

It's a comment like that, one which O'Neal clearly has been holding back since Van Gundy stepped down as the Heat's coach in 2006, that makes you reconsider exactly why Van Gundy left.

NOT SURE NOW

All the speculation then was Riley-related, but now you can't be so sure.

Who knows what it will take for him to unload on Wade, but there has to be something that remains unspoken.

At least the Heat crowd Wednesday had its cathartic experience. Yeah, there was the pleasant greeting when the big fella was officially introduced. But the boos started pouring down when O'Neal hit the foul line for the first time.

And by the time he knocked down Wade on that final foul, the chants of ''Shaq, you [stink],'' -- the calls usually reserved for the officials -- filled the arena.

At least the fans aren't holding back their disgust for the player who couldn't withstand one losing season and bolted toward a then-contender.

Talk about a front-runner.

Maybe nothing will ever be unearthed. Maybe there isn't even anything between the two former championship teammates.

But Shaq's history shows otherwise. And their actions lately tend to support that.

http://www.miamihera...ory/933528.html

#2 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 06, 2009 - 06:48 AM

He has issues with everyone because he is insecure...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#3 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,155 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2009 - 07:45 AM

Hope Wade and Shaq have issues with each other, that way Shaq will deal with him.

#4 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 09:17 AM

i dont believe anything bad is/was ever goin on between them..."Wade has continuously stated that the relationship between the two has died down some since O'Neal was traded to Phoenix last year." - where is the proof for this...i think wade is the only shaq-sidekick player that actually thanked shaq for everything when shaq got traded instead of just sayin "the big fella let us"...he continues to thank him all the time and i still remember how wade just jumped on shaq and hugged him during all-star weekend when they were doin the nba cares stuff..its all cool with them..they are just serious because both are tryin to get some work done with their teams

media just tryin to stir somethin up im sure..because wade didnt shake his hand..but patted his head... lol what a dumb reason to think that there is beef..that was a very serious game for the heat..everyone came out focused ...wade especially "Wade? He only spoke of him when asked specifically about him." - its not about shaq reunion and all this extra stuff..if you're followin even a bit of heat basketball..especially wade...his mind is set on somethin completely different than what the media tries to suggest

bw1wOGf.png

#5 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 06, 2009 - 09:19 AM

Shaq always has problems with his teammates and disses them when he leaves the team. <_<

#6 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,871 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 06, 2009 - 11:14 AM

Shaq doesn't like not being the center of attention.

When someone around him surpasses or plays better than him, he brings them with insults and small little jibes.

Its an infantile response and something that Shaq has done his entire career. Starting with Hardaway and now onto Wade. I'm sure when he leaves Phoenix, he'll complain about something there as well.

#7 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,328 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 11:37 AM

and people want this guy back

hes a child and a whiner

shaq is ruining his legacy by the day

penny and kobe are starting to look pretty innocent
Posted Image

#8 DameC24

DameC24

16!

• 535 posts
  • Name:Dame
  • Fan Since:When I seen my first Laker game on CBS
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted March 06, 2009 - 01:35 PM

I don't think Shaq had a problem with Wade. I think since everything is smoothed over with him and Kobe, they(the media), wants him to have a new person to throw verbal jabs at, and it's Wade.

#9 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 04:13 PM

Honestly I don't know why he is so insecure, he did it all...

Championships, all-star appearances, MVPs, etc... He is a lock for HoF and will go down as one of the greatest centers ever...

I don't want this guy back... Oh, and ROFL @ the very thought of him being a backup C in here, he will [expletive] like crazy as [expletive]... Dude is an attention seeker...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#10 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 06, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Maybe he doesnt want to loose his legacy of being great

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#11 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,687 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted March 06, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Shaq Doesn't Help Dwyane Up.

#12 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 06, 2009 - 07:52 PM

Oh Lord, not one drop of that article had any facts. It was nothing but speculation based on prior events and most importantly, the IMAGINATION of the writer.

Only a naive person could read something like that and take it seriously.
Basketball Reasons...

#13 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 08:04 PM

Article may be BS, but Shaq DID put former team mates under the bus...

Edited by Kwamesaurus Rex, March 07, 2009 - 02:58 AM.

Karl Marx

#14 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 06, 2009 - 11:50 PM

Damn he really didn't help him up. They might have some issues but the media is probably to make it more of something than it really is.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#15 K0be10-11

K0be10-11

Starter

• 4,495 posts
  • Name:Don't Worry About It
  • Fan Since:Since 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2009 - 08:52 AM

first im sure shaq wouldnt do that in that video. Watch it again he first thought he was going get up by himself , and afterwards he was going to put his hand out but his teamates came so its no big deal. Media is trying to start something again
Posted Image

#16 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 08, 2009 - 08:55 AM

Most of Shaq's antics are media hype. I can't believe you guys don't get it after knowing him so long.

Everybody in real life has high praise for him when they are with him. In the media, he is a jackass, but it works. It gets his name in the paper, even though his team is irrelevant.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users