D-Wade: I Merit MVP Consideration

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lakerstefi

lakerstefi

Polakers

• 2,392 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 04:22 AM

Dwyane Wade believes that his name deserves to be mentioned in the MVP conservation thanks to a great individual season and the resurgence of the Heat.

"Where I came from last year, people were writing me off," Wade said of the 2007-08 season. "You've got some people who call it a two-man race, and you've got some people who say, 'Don't forget about D-Wade.'

"I'm just happy to be in the discussion. Coming from where I came from last year, my team winning 15 games to where we are now, it's a blessing."

Wade also seriously discussed how the MVP award should be handed out.

"Most Valuable player to his team, simple as that," he said. "I'm not taking anything from Kobe last year. I thought he was unbelievable. I thought he should have won MVPs in previous years. But I thought Chris Paul was the most valuable player to his team last year, from the way he played and what he meant to that team.

"You've got to take a guy off a team and say, 'If he wasn't on there, how would this team be?' and see everything he brings to his team. That's my interpretation of what a most valuable player is. But everyone has their different takes."

http://www.sun-senti...0,2784976.story

#2 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 06, 2009 - 04:27 AM

Wade is awesome
I want him and Kobe in the Lakers
Sadly thats just a dream...

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#3 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 06, 2009 - 09:19 AM

cp3 certainlly did deserve it as well..but last year was meant for kobe..and the next 10 years...lol jk

bw1wOGf.png

#4 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 06, 2009 - 02:08 PM

"You've got to take a guy off a team and say, 'If he wasn't on there, how would this team be?' and see everything he brings to his team. That's my interpretation of what a most valuable player is. But everyone has their different takes."

So he's basically implying his teammates suck

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#5 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,618 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 06, 2009 - 03:05 PM

Dude should be worried more about his team and there record, not individual awards.

2hf753r.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users