105 replies to this topic

#101 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 07, 2009 - 03:30 PM

Lebron James will be best player of the game, it's just a matter of time... Wade? Durant? Please... King James says no... Although Durant could be the better offensive player... Lebron will go down as one of the greatest SFs of all time, EASILY...

But until then, he has to develop a post game, improve his jumper (41.3% eFG on jumpers is just horrible), improve his FTs, improve his man to man defense (he is already a good help defender), improve at the clutch, etc...

Attacking at the rim all the time is great and all, but when you are already like 35 (if James even last that long *knocks on wood*), that is a problem... Look at Shaq... During his prime, he was basically unstoppable and could dunk on multiple people, but now unless he is camping at 3-5 feet, he can't shoot... Not that I'm saying I would like a prime Shaq shooting from 20 feet, but you get the picture...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#102 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 07, 2009 - 04:09 PM

I think LeBron is better than Kobe over the course of the game but obviously you know who you want with the ball in the final 2 minutes of a road game in Salt Lake City.
Basketball Reasons...

#103 Notorious Arab

Notorious Arab

Starter

• 4,853 posts
  • Fan Since:When I came to the USA
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2009 - 04:42 PM

okay so what you're saying is, at age 30, you want kobe to wear himself out by the time the playoffs roll around? He is smart because he is a great shooter, so instead of wasting energy and getting beat up on the way to the basket, he shoots and makes most of his shots and saves his body for the playoffs, when he starts doing everything, shoot, slash, get in deep, post up. do you remember what he did to Denver last year in the first round? or utah? how bout spurs? he destroyed them every way possible, he took it to the basket with authority and made outside shots. so don't tell me he has bad shot selection. when mj got old he wasn't going strong to the basket unless it was the playoffs.

This man is a genius

Posted Image

#104 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 08, 2009 - 08:20 PM

If the two players played their best game, who's team would win? I can't say because we just don't know, but the factthat free throws and clutch shots are super important in BIG TIME games I take Kobe over Lebron. I think Phil Jackson's molding of Kobe's career is a large part why this guy is the heir apparent and regardless of what anyone says in here if Lebron gets no rings in his prime, he won't be considered top 5 nothing. I mean look at Tracy McGrady's career. He was the man in his sixth season, people said he if had Shaq...Vince Carter until he started to tank in Toronto. Also Allen Iverson, he was considered the best pound4pound in the game, and when got his team to the Finals he actually produced a victory. If the GUY doesnt win, his legacy isn't secured.
Kobe needs another ring, so that he can be considered a top 8 player. The way i see it, is this is Shaq,Kobe, and Duncan's era.

Who is the best player now is arguable because of their skill level, but I think you would have to include Wade, Howard and Cp3 into his discussion. Now Given Kobe's prfomances against them i would say Kobe. And as man of you know I dont think we have anymore talent than any other contending team. i think we overrate our players and underrate other teams' players by instinct and the fact that we dont get to see them that much. For example the Hornets are just as stacked as us,IMO..so why is it, that when you provide Kobe just a little help(Gasol or Drew or both)that his makes he puts his teammates in a better position to be successful. And the fact of the matter is the West is still better than the East so Kobe has the harder schedule of the two.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#105 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 08, 2009 - 09:52 PM

If the two players played their best game, who's team would win? I can't say because we just don't know, but the factthat free throws and clutch shots are super important in BIG TIME games I take Kobe over Lebron. I think Phil Jackson's molding of Kobe's career is a large part why this guy is the heir apparent and regardless of what anyone says in here if Lebron gets no rings in his prime, he won't be considered top 5 nothing. I mean look at Tracy McGrady's career. He was the man in his sixth season, people said he if had Shaq...Vince Carter until he started to tank in Toronto. Also Allen Iverson, he was considered the best pound4pound in the game, and when got his team to the Finals he actually produced a victory. If the GUY doesnt win, his legacy isn't secured.
Kobe needs another ring, so that he can be considered a top 8 player. The way i see it, is this is Shaq,Kobe, and Duncan's era.

Tracy McGrady never got his team out of the first round, and his teams have never been a threat in the playoffs. The Cavs have been contenders since James making it to the finales one. James also has a gold medal in his resume. Don't compare James to McLady....ever.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#106 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 08, 2009 - 10:14 PM

But until then, he has to develop a post game, improve his jumper (41.3% eFG on jumpers is just horrible), improve his FTs, improve his man to man defense (he is already a good help defender), improve at the clutch, etc...

Bingo, especially on the clutch part. Now I know he hasn't played nearly as long as Kobe so he also hasn't gotten' as many opportunities and surely, both fail from time to time as well, but at least so far, LeBron hasn't even close to as nearly been as clutch as consistently and as many times as Kobe has throughout his whole career. Not only missing clutch free throws time and time again, but just flat out overall, having a knack to disappear more often in bigger games than how often Mamba does.

Other than that, as far as the lack of a better post game or any at all, and some of the other stuff you mentioned, I don't know what else to nit pick at LeBron's game.

Another thing, I will say this easily. LeBron is all in all the better all around player, but offensively, OBVIOUSLY, Kobe is still the best BY FAR. Who in NBA HISTORY, NOT EVEN MJ, now listen closely, has had the complete offensive arsenal that Mamba has? NOBODY, I MEAN NOBODY! Kobe has the most greatest selection/array of different types of shots/moves/skillset in the book hands down and THAT CANNOT be argued WHATSOEVER.

Anyway, believe it or not, I enjoy watching LeBron myself, although it's off and on because I want Cleveland to lose more for the Lakers to further secure home court throughout, but then at the same time, I marvel at watching LeBron sometimes. Fortunately, I have the league pass as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users