20 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 05, 2009 - 12:11 PM

Four points stand between Kobe Bryant and the next big body on the all-time scoring list.

Four points that easily will be attained Friday against Minnesota. Four points needed to pass Robert Parish of Celtics’ fame.

At some point early in the game, Bryant wil move past Parish and into 18th place on the league’s all-time scoring list. Bryant stands at 23,331 points after scoring 31 Tuesday.
Parish scored 23,334 points during his career.

The list of all-timers that Bryant already has knocked aside this season is ladened with heavyweights — Larry Bird, Gary Payton, Clyde Drexler, Elgin Baylor and Adrian Dantley. Next up is Charles Barkley at No. 17 with 23,757 points and Allen Iverson at No. 16 with 23,960

http://lakers.freedo...hem-down/13109/

Where do you guys think he'll end up all-time?

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted March 05, 2009 - 12:20 PM

I'm thinking he will either get top 5 or number one when it's all said and done.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#3 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,083 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted March 05, 2009 - 01:24 PM

Wonder what his total would be if he didn't play with Shaq...

veqdeg.jpg

#4 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 05, 2009 - 01:58 PM

I had no idea Iverson was up that high on the list. It'll probably take awhile for him to pass him since they're both active players.
Basketball Reasons...

#5 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 18,367 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 02:09 PM

well the most important total may be 0 which is championships and he'll take those over scoring placement

but then again its all what if maybe kobe doesn't develop the same way or maybe the lakers without shaq put 100% attention to building around kobe and we still have a dynasty but kobe statistically is more of the #1 guy

its all what if
Posted Image

#6 Gravedigga562

Gravedigga562

Rookie

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Fan Since:BIRTH - 1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic-Worthy-Scott-NVE-Kobe

Posted March 05, 2009 - 02:17 PM

I'm thinking he will either get top 5 or number one when it's all said and done.

#7 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 05, 2009 - 02:22 PM

I think the better thing to wonder is what his total would be if he got playing time in his first few years.

Bleeding purple & gold...

#8 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 02:27 PM

Where do you guys think he'll end up all-time?

I calculated already that when he retires there is NO WAY he's worse than 3rd, unless he randomly starts sucking or gets a huge injury. And he can finish 1st.

I had no idea Iverson was up that high on the list. It'll probably take awhile for him to pass him since they're both active players.

You didn't know Iverson would be that high? Dude came into the league the same year as Kobe and has been one of the greatest scorers of all time since early in his career. Kobe took a while to get his ppg up.

#9 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted March 05, 2009 - 04:39 PM

I calculated already that when he retires there is NO WAY he's worse than 3rd, unless he randomly starts sucking or gets a huge injury. And he can finish 1st.

You didn't know Iverson would be that high? Dude came into the league the same year as Kobe and has been one of the greatest scorers of all time since early in his career. Kobe took a while to get his ppg up.

I think he ends up 3rd after KAJ and the Mailman with Lebron passing him shortly after Kobe retires.

#10 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:42 PM

I think he ends up 3rd after KAJ and the Mailman with Lebron passing him shortly after Kobe retires.

I doubt Lebron will have the longetivity of Kobe...all that size has to come at a price...not to wish anything bad, but the bigger guys tend to break down quicker
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#11 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:44 PM

I agree, I don't see LBJ playing more than 10-12 seasons in the NBA. Kobe used to be all high-fly act back then, but now he takes care of his body and that will last him a few more seasons to play at a high-level.

#12 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:53 PM

Kobe will definately be top 10 and probably as soon as next season because he only has 2283 more points to reach that 10th spot. Which im sure he can get done by the end of next season.

As he gets on in age i doubt he will keep on scoring 27-30ppg. More like 18-22. So i think that he could end up top 5 and if he can stay healthy he could reach #1. But most likely 2nd or 3rd.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#13 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 05, 2009 - 05:56 PM

Kobe will definately be top 10 and probably as soon as next season because he only has 2283 more points to reach that 10th spot. Which im sure he can get done by the end of next season.

As he gets on in age i doubt he will keep on scoring 27-30ppg. More like 18-22. So i think that he could end up top 5 and if he can stay healthy he could reach #1. But most likely 2nd or 3rd.

IF kobe wants the most points all-time he will get it. He has that will-power
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#14 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:15 PM

I think Lebron will easily play more than 10-12 years, unless a truck or something falls on his knee.

IF kobe wants the most points all-time he will get it. He has that will-power

I wish he had the will-power to win titles every single year of his career :(

#15 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:18 PM

I wish he had the will-power to win titles every single year of his career :(

:yes:

#16 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:18 PM

Yeh LeBron will have a lengthy career as well and could end up being #1. Unless he decides to sign with the Cleveland Browns. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#17 LA Forever

LA Forever

All-Star

• 6,790 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:20 PM

To me, Lebron strikes me as the kind to just go out there and play, and get his money, and then after that, quit. That's how I view him as.

#18 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:37 PM

To me, Lebron strikes me as the kind to just go out there and play, and get his money, and then after that, quit. That's how I view him as.

That's how I used to see him, as a cocky mofo who doesn't care about the game, and just wants to become a billionaire asap. Might be true, but I don't think so anymore. Plus he actually loves the game, watches on his own time and has a lot of knowledge about the game. And he's gonna be the greatest player in the game for years to come.

#19 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,309 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:41 PM

That's how I used to see him, as a cocky mofo who doesn't care about the game, and just wants to become a billionaire asap. Might be true, but I don't think so anymore. Plus he actually loves the game, watches on his own time and has a lot of knowledge about the game. And he's gonna be the greatest player in the game for years to come.

Best after Kobe ? Wade over LeBron anyday.

#20 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 06:43 PM

Best after Kobe ? Wade over LeBron anyday.

Maybe. But DAMN Wade is sooo sick these days isn't he. He just doesn't slow down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users