32 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:29 PM

MIAMI (AP)—Shaquille O’Neal flopped against Orlando center Dwight Howard. Now he’s standing up to Magic coach Stan Van Gundy.

Responding to Van Gundy’s reaction about O’Neal’s tactics against Howard on Tuesday night, the Phoenix center lashed out at his former coach with the Miami Heat, calling him “a master of panic,” a “nobody” and “a frontrunner.”

“One thing I really despise is a frontrunner,” O’Neal said before the Suns played the Heat, Shaq’s first time back in Miami since last season’s trade. “I know for a fact he’s a master of panic and when it gets time for his team to go into the postseason and do certain things, he will let them down because of his panic. I’ve been there before. I’ve played for him.”

O’Neal was guarding Howard with about 4 minutes left in the third quarter Tuesday night. Howard made a spin move, O’Neal fell to the court in an effort to get an offensive foul called, and the Magic center easily dunked with two hands.

http://sports.yahoo....U...p&type=lgns

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,418 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:30 PM

Damn Shaq went postal on SVG. :hysterical:

#3 jj123

jj123

Rookie

• 223 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 04, 2009 - 05:51 PM

ouch....
am so happy shaq is not in la,
the guy is just a piece of work..

#4 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:03 PM

Damn, Shaq has bullets for everybody right now.
Basketball Reasons...

#5 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:30 PM

ouch....
am so happy shaq is not in la,
the guy is just a piece of work..

For RizZlEz

I Be RaDEr HaVe KoBee NoT wEn 3 rEEngZ. JeZt WaNt kOBeE 2 sCoRe 81!!! lol!!!
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:33 PM

For RizZlEz

Yeah, i agree I rather have the claass of Kobe then the arrogance and selfishness of Shaq. he is the real BIG BABY. He will probably retire as a Celtic
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 jj123

jj123

Rookie

• 223 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:51 PM

For RizZlEz

haha.. dont u ve a meting to attend?

Edited by jj123, March 04, 2009 - 06:52 PM.

#8 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted March 04, 2009 - 06:57 PM

Yeah, i agree I rather have the claass of Kobe then the arrogance and selfishness of Shaq. he is the real BIG BABY. He will probably retire as a Celtic

You'd rather see Kobe score 80 points and have us win zero rings, than the two together winning 3 rings. I'm a Laker fan, so I prefer the 3 rings, rather than chucking for 81.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#9 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 08:10 PM

It look like on the vid that Shaq was expecting Howard to hit him but Howard made a good move. I wouldn't call it a full flop. One thing I know for sure is Shaq sure would like to call PJ his coach again. Shaq needs alittle guidance right now.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#10 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 04, 2009 - 08:14 PM

Shaq needs to shut up now. It's enough.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#11 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 04, 2009 - 08:15 PM

So this thread is about Shaq and SVG, yet Kobe Bryant's 81 points is somehow inserted in this discussion...

Wow.
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#12 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,315 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 04, 2009 - 09:25 PM

You'd rather see Kobe score 80 points and have us win zero rings, than the two together winning 3 rings. I'm a Laker fan, so I prefer the 3 rings, rather than chucking for 81.

I know Kobe scored 81 once.. but chucked up 81 points ? 

#13 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted March 04, 2009 - 09:26 PM

So this thread is about Shaq and SVG, yet Kobe Bryant's 81 points is somehow inserted in this discussion...

Wow.

LOL
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#14 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 04, 2009 - 09:50 PM

The question for Shaq is: who's his next target?

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#15 jj123

jj123

Rookie

• 223 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 10:55 PM

full version...http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/47655

Shaq blasts Van Gundy

Don't get in a war of words with Shaquille O'Neal. He's undefeated in verbal warfare.

Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy took at a shot at O'Neal after the Magic's Tuesday night win against the Suns, criticizing O'Neal for "flopping." O'Neal had gone to the floor while defending Dwight Howard on one play and admitted after the game that it was a flop, "like everyone else does to me."

But O'Neal unleashed on Van Gundy before tonight's game in Miami. He rarely speaks before games but did so to a group of reporters and then again to the Republic to send his message tonight.

First, here's what Van Gundy said, "“I was shocked, seriously, shocked. And very disappointed cause he knows what it’s like. Lets stand up and play like men, and I think our guy did that tonight.”

Now, here is O'Neal with some more profane moments retracted:

"He (Howard) came with the same old, stale Patrick Ewing move so I tried to stand there and take the charge. The new rules say if you come through, you fall. But as I fell, I realized that it was a flop and it reminded me of Coach Van Gundy’s whole coaching career. The one thing I despise is a frontrunner. First of all, none of his players like him. When it gets tough, he will become the master of panic like he did before and he will quit like he did before. The one thing I despise is frontrunners. Yeah, he’s got a young team playing good but don’t be a frontrunner. Him and his brother and even the legend on the bench ain’t done what I’ve done in my whole career. So flopping would be the wrong choice of words."

"I just tried to take a charge. The (expletive) rules say you can’t stand there and get hit. You’ve got to fall. The (expletive) got the same old stinking move that Patrick Ewing has been doing his whole career. I went down, got up and didn’t complain. I see him and Stan complaining the whole game because they’ve got to. Remember, I’ve done more than him, his brother and Patrick Ewing."

"Stan Van Gundy reminds me of a broke navigational system. He knows everything about everything but ain’t never been nowhere. Think about that. If I’m right here and I type in the address of where you’re going, I know where it’s at but I’m not going there."

"When a bum says some (stuff) about it and I respond, you can (expletive) cancel that cuz I know how he is in real life. We’ll see when the playoffs start and he (expletive) panics and quits like he did when he was here (in Miami). And you (expletive) print it just like that. Do I look soft to you like you can say something and I’m not going to say something?"

"Notice they didn’t play me straight up. We’ll see how far they go cuz I know Stan. I said this a long time ago but I was actually talking about him: 'When the general panics, the troops will panic. Like in business, when the head panics and takes out all his stock, what happens?"

"All the players hate him. The players don’t even like him. I hate frontrunners. I really do. I don’t like any frontrunners. There’s a pecking order involved. I’ve been there six times."

"I ain’t going to let no bum like him rip me and not say anything back. You can cancel that (expletive) all the way. Usually, I let (expletive) go. Not that. Not him. Hell no."

"The rules say when a guy goes through your chest you’ve got to fall to get the call. It was a flop. You’ve watched me play for 17 years. I don’t play like that."

"I’m not going to sit around and let nobodies take a shot at me and he is a nobody to me. And if he thinks he can get in a little press conference and take shots at me like I’m not going to (say) something back, he’s got another thing coming."
Guess so.

#16 Azazello

Azazello

Sixth Man

• 3,459 posts

Posted March 04, 2009 - 11:08 PM

Wow.

You already know who to blame for that

#17 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:09 AM

What happened to you Shaq?? :cry:

Edited by Master Diwa, March 05, 2009 - 03:09 AM.

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#18 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 05, 2009 - 03:13 AM

Shaq alwayZ Reacted.
Talkative Boi!

#19 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 05, 2009 - 04:14 PM

full version...http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/PaulCoro/47655

Shaq blasts Van Gundy

Don't get in a war of words with Shaquille O'Neal. He's undefeated in verbal warfare.

Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy took at a shot at O'Neal after the Magic's Tuesday night win against the Suns, criticizing O'Neal for "flopping." O'Neal had gone to the floor while defending Dwight Howard on one play and admitted after the game that it was a flop, "like everyone else does to me."

But O'Neal unleashed on Van Gundy before tonight's game in Miami. He rarely speaks before games but did so to a group of reporters and then again to the Republic to send his message tonight.

First, here's what Van Gundy said, "“I was shocked, seriously, shocked. And very disappointed cause he knows what it’s like. Lets stand up and play like men, and I think our guy did that tonight.”

Now, here is O'Neal with some more profane moments retracted:

"He (Howard) came with the same old, stale Patrick Ewing move so I tried to stand there and take the charge. The new rules say if you come through, you fall. But as I fell, I realized that it was a flop and it reminded me of Coach Van Gundy’s whole coaching career. The one thing I despise is a frontrunner. First of all, none of his players like him. When it gets tough, he will become the master of panic like he did before and he will quit like he did before. The one thing I despise is frontrunners. Yeah, he’s got a young team playing good but don’t be a frontrunner. Him and his brother and even the legend on the bench ain’t done what I’ve done in my whole career. So flopping would be the wrong choice of words."

"I just tried to take a charge. The (expletive) rules say you can’t stand there and get hit. You’ve got to fall. The (expletive) got the same old stinking move that Patrick Ewing has been doing his whole career. I went down, got up and didn’t complain. I see him and Stan complaining the whole game because they’ve got to. Remember, I’ve done more than him, his brother and Patrick Ewing."

"Stan Van Gundy reminds me of a broke navigational system. He knows everything about everything but ain’t never been nowhere. Think about that. If I’m right here and I type in the address of where you’re going, I know where it’s at but I’m not going there."

"When a bum says some (stuff) about it and I respond, you can (expletive) cancel that cuz I know how he is in real life. We’ll see when the playoffs start and he (expletive) panics and quits like he did when he was here (in Miami). And you (expletive) print it just like that. Do I look soft to you like you can say something and I’m not going to say something?"

"Notice they didn’t play me straight up. We’ll see how far they go cuz I know Stan. I said this a long time ago but I was actually talking about him: 'When the general panics, the troops will panic. Like in business, when the head panics and takes out all his stock, what happens?"

"All the players hate him. The players don’t even like him. I hate frontrunners. I really do. I don’t like any frontrunners. There’s a pecking order involved. I’ve been there six times."

"I ain’t going to let no bum like him rip me and not say anything back. You can cancel that (expletive) all the way. Usually, I let (expletive) go. Not that. Not him. Hell no."

"The rules say when a guy goes through your chest you’ve got to fall to get the call. It was a flop. You’ve watched me play for 17 years. I don’t play like that."

"I’m not going to sit around and let nobodies take a shot at me and he is a nobody to me. And if he thinks he can get in a little press conference and take shots at me like I’m not going to (say) something back, he’s got another thing coming."
Guess so.

Why the [expletive] didn't the media show all of this? They only showed like 5 or 10% of what he said. [expletive]in' ridiculous. Pisses me off. Once again, the media giving dude a pass. He said some way worse things in there that weren't even mentioned by the media, wow. Thanks for posting the full thing man, wish more people could see it though.

#20 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted March 05, 2009 - 04:23 PM

he should get fined for every time he talks smack..which is like every interview

bw1wOGf.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users