Is Oden expected to play tonight?

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#23 We Believe

We Believe

Sixth Man

• 2,805 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Fish.

Posted March 08, 2009 - 10:27 AM

games tomorrow. Im not sure hes playing.

2010 NBA CHAMPIONS = LOS ANGELES LAKERS

#24 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,951 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 08, 2009 - 06:44 PM

this place is like a house of horrors, i don't remember the last time we won here

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#25 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 08, 2009 - 07:06 PM

We last won there on February 23, 2005.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#26 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:06 AM

Posted Image
Oden is out till about Mid-March
Raef LaFrentz- Out indefinitely- Shoulder injury
Martell Webster- out for season Foot Injury.

I present my senior project tomorrow, wish me luck. And Lakers will win, after all I am th mascot for TLN live.

Edited by Base, March 09, 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#27 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:31 AM

News:

The Trail Blazers have been more than a thorn in the Lakers' side at the Rose Garden, winning the teams' last six games in Portland and turning the Lakers into sneaker tread near the city that Nike calls home.

The Lakers haven't won there since Feb. 23, 2005, an 86-83 victory over a Portland team that finished 27-55 that season. (Not that the Lakers were much better, finishing 34-48 and missing the playoffs for the first time in 11 years.)

Happily for Lakers fans, their team has improved since then, but so has Portland (39-23), hanging tight in the mass of teams behind the Lakers in the Western Conference. Given the Blazers' notable 26-5 home record this season, would anybody be surprised if the visitors lost again tonight?

"I don't want to talk about that," Lakers Coach Phil Jackson said Sunday. "It's been belabored too many years now. It happened before I even started and just continued on here for years. Mark it down to rainy weather, depressing faces."

The Lakers were the ones with the long faces after their last two road games -- losses in Phoenix and Denver. In the from-bad-to-worse category, they continue onward to Houston and San Antonio after Portland, three potential pitfalls awaiting them as their schedule catches up with a vengeance.

Rest of the Article.

#28 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 09, 2009 - 04:07 AM

Its showtime Lakeshow!! :rock:

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#29 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb

Posted March 09, 2009 - 12:01 PM

I am really looking forward to this game.

It's time to go up there and reverse this losing record that has plagued us for so long...

Damn depressing, rainy water.

#30 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 01:18 PM

Let's make the gameday threads more active.

http://atdhe.net/live-tv-4671.html

#31 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 09, 2009 - 01:26 PM

I thought the last time we won was when kobe hit those 3s in 04.
Anywho, we need to worry about Blake getting open 3s and LaMarcus taking Lamar to work. BRoy can get his

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#32 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 09, 2009 - 01:51 PM

Scouting Report

In our 20 point win against the Blazers on opening night in October we were able to keep All-Star Brandon Roy in check. He had to take 15 shots to score 14 points. Tonight, it is reported that Roy did not make the trip down with his team due to a sore hamstring. The person we must now put that attention on is Rudy Fernandez. He had a nice game against us opening night but is playing much better now with a couple months of NBA ball under his belt. Fernandez is a scorer and shooter with range that extends beyond the three point line. His greatest asset may be his ability to move without the basketball. His constant motion reminds some of rip Hamilton or Reggie Miller. We must impact his game while not devoting so much attention that we turn one of their bigs loose to have a career night.

Defensively, they have a hit first mentality. We must be ready for a tough game and we must rise to this challenge from one of the strongest young teams in the west.

In the first game we did a good job on the boards (out-rebounded them 49-44 although we gave up 13 offensive rebounds). They didn’t shoot the ball particularly well that night which was partially due to our defense and partially due to them simply missing shots that they normally make. We need to toughen up our defense and do a better job of contesting every shot.

In crunch time situations with Roy out of the game they like to isolate Travis Outlaw – usually in the elbow area. They will put a shooter in the strong side corner and if the double team comes from that direction then it is a simple pass to an open shot. Another option we might see would be a screen and roll with Fernandez handling and Aldridge picking and popping. We should be ready to stop both of these actions.

After the struggles during our last quick road trip we must get back on the winning track tonight. This game starts a crucial three game trip where our defensive communication and intensity level will be put to the test every night. All the core basics will need to be executed at a high level if we want to put ourselves in a position to win but it definitely starts with defense and rebounding.

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#33 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:08 PM

Wait so Roy and Oden are out tonight? So basically this game is a gimmie for the Lakers.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#34 infinite_

infinite_

Hard Butter

• 33 posts
  • Fan Since:Van Exel-Peeler-Divac Years
  • Fav. Laker:KB24 TA3

Posted March 09, 2009 - 05:27 PM

Man, feels like forever since there's been a game. It might be blasphemous but Portland is one of my favorite teams to watch this year -- very talented and well coached.

Defensively... Pau has to do a good job boxing out Przybilla and not backing down to Joel’s physicality. For some possessions I'd like to see him on Aldridge to bother him with length. Fish will probably be going under screens so I hope Blake isn’t feeling it from 3 or we’re potentially in for a long night. Luke needs to not let Batum and, if they’re matched up against each other, Outlaw burn him too much with their athleticism. I’m crossing my fingers that the double-double Lamar is back tonight, really need his rebounding and activity. Aldridge is dangerous when he is in the post and brings out the hook, don't know why he doesn't do it more, so hopefully he's settling for the jumper where Lamar should be more effective guarding him. Kobe has to be attentive to Roy and not roam and cheat. He has a varied offensive skill set compared to some of the other young players in the league. Roy and the rest of the Blazers have sky high confidence and are super clutch at home so it’s really important to contest everything and not be lazy (watch them shoot and pray they miss) in their rotations.

Offensively, similar to most nights... Run the offense and take smart shots, taking particular care in transition. Work it through the post (especially the Jordan, Sasha, Ariza, Powell, Pau unit), inside-out for jumpers, or pick and roll/pop. Portland's interior defense isn't great so there should be a lot of points in the paint if they're aggressive enough and are active in their triangle cuts.

End the Rose Garden win drought, please.

#35 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,360 posts

Posted March 09, 2009 - 05:41 PM

Damn..daylight savings kill time, 1 more hr till the game starts and it feels like its 4-5pm right now.

#36 hype

hype

says hi!

• 3,739 posts

Posted March 09, 2009 - 05:53 PM

this is MUST win with roy out

#37 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Oden and Webster out.

#38 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 18,360 posts

Posted March 09, 2009 - 06:01 PM

What happened to Roy?

#39 LakerLandB

LakerLandB

Where Amazing Happens

• 532 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fan Since:The day I was born

Posted March 09, 2009 - 06:01 PM

Where does it say that Roy is out?

#40 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992

Posted March 09, 2009 - 06:15 PM

Fisher-Kobe-Walton-Odom-Gasol
Blake-Roy-Batum-Aldridge-Przybilla

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users