3 replies to this topic

#1 BeeZee

BeeZee

Reigning Purple & Gold

• 5,869 posts
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Horry, Van Exel

Posted March 03, 2009 - 03:42 PM

EL SEGUNDO - Lakers forward Lamar Odom has been vexed by foul trouble in the past two games, both of which resulted in losses.

The Lakers certainly could have used Odom down the stretch Sunday against the Phoenix Suns but he was sitting helplessly on the bench during the final eight and a half minutes because he fouled out. He finished the game with four points, six rebounds and five assists.

Odom did not foul out in the previous game against the Denver Nuggets but at the end of the game he had five fouls to go along with his 12 points.

When asked Monday how he planned to avoid future foul trouble, Odom paused for several long seconds before he said, “I don’t know. ”

Odom said the disagreements he had with the officials over foul calls against the Nuggets amounted to nothing more than wasted energy.

So, what is the solution?

“I’ve got to keep playing aggressive,” Odom said. “So I can’t let fouls being called on me take away my aggressiveness. I’ve got to play smart. Play with my feet and not with my hands.

http://lakers.freedo...-answers/12971/

Bleeding purple & gold...

#2 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2009 - 03:43 PM

just do what you do LO ull be fine out there!
Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,866 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 03, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Taking it to the rack when the lane is open is a start. Moving without the ball would be a good thing. If you stand there like a statue and wait for the pass, teams will set up for charges, because everyone on Earth knows what Odom is going to do: shoot the 23-foot jumper, or left-handed layup, and because he never finishes due to that small fear of getting called for a charge, it's easier to get underneath him before he gets off the ground, because he takes off 12 feet away from the rim.

Defensively is another issue that you have to just teach on the floor. I can sit here all day and say that Lamar needs to improve on his lateral quickness, but that's nothing you can just think about and get it done with your brain.

#4 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 03, 2009 - 04:57 PM

Hopefully the refs won't call any ticky-tack fouls.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users