Why John Hollinger Hates the Lakers

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 !PAUER!

!PAUER!

Rookie

• 317 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:23 PM

Im sure you, like me, have all been wondering why John Hollinger gives such little credit to the team with the best record in the league and the reigning MVP.

So I did some quick searches and came up with some ideas:

1) He's from the East Coast
-He most likely followed Russell, Bird and Jordan and grew up despising Wilt, Magic and company.

2) He was the sports editor for Oregon Live.
-I myself now live in Portland, and I cant tell you enough how deeply Blazers fans hate the Lakers. Its almost as though they dislike the Lakers more than they like the Blazers. Apparently they think that we have a deep rivalry with them, which I always explain is completely one sided.

-He worked there during the 3-peat when the Lakers beat the Blazers in the Playoffs.

-If you were to read the Oregonian's (the biggest paper here) sports writer, the Lakers are the worst team in the league. It doesnt matter if Kobe scores 81, they win the Western Conference, or cure cancer, they are mean horrible people with no talent.

Im sure there are more reasons, like Kareem killed his parents or something, but these two things alone really put it into perspective for me.

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:25 PM

Let the haters hate. Can't do much about it anyway.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:25 PM

Why do you guys care so much about John Hollinger and ESPN?

Do you think any of the players, coaches, or the Lakers care about Hollinger and ESPN? :rolleyes:

#4 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:26 PM

They Hate Lakers Cause Lakers Is The BEST!

#5 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,313 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:26 PM

Keep it coming, HO-linnger.

#6 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:42 PM

Why do you guys care so much about John Hollinger and ESPN?

Do you think any of the players, coaches, or the Lakers care about Hollinger and ESPN? :rolleyes:

I think people hate the way Kobe isnt fawned over like Magic, larry and Micheal were. hell even like Lebron is, and Hollinger is just the easy target for the media. i used to hate J A Adande. he always came off as a Kobe hater, when i saw him on ESPN for the first time, I realized what type of dude he was
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#7 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:58 PM

He's a Utah homer...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#8 Grandpa Herman

Grandpa Herman

Guru

• 3,756 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Lamar Odom

Posted March 02, 2009 - 08:20 PM

I think people hate the way Kobe isnt fawned over like Magic, larry and Micheal were. hell even like Lebron is, and Hollinger is just the easy target for the media. i used to hate J A Adande. he always came off as a Kobe hater, when i saw him on ESPN for the first time, I realized what type of dude he was

But that's just something we as fans have to deal with. No matter how badly we want it, Kobe will never have the type of legacy Jordan has. Not because he's not a likable dude, but because the people who manipulate the image of celebrities (the media) won't allow it.

So at the end of the day there's nothing we can do except stay focused on what's important. The ring is what this is about. Kobe may not go down in the same breath as Jordan but championships are the one thing the haters can't take away.

God put everybody on earth for different reasons: Kobe to play basketball, Hollinger to hate. Let him do him.
Basketball Reasons...

#9 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 08:39 PM

Doesn't he make most of his judgements through his complex stats both for teams and individuals? Perhaps he relies alittle too much on those stats and its not pure hate. He is a numbers guy from what I read and perhaps he is a little too [expletive] in his judgements.

Edited by ab4sure, March 02, 2009 - 08:43 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#10 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:36 PM

Doesn't he make most of his judgements through his complex stats both for teams and individuals? Perhaps he relies alittle too much on those stats and its not pure hate. He is a numbers guy from what I read and perhaps he is a little too [expletive] in his judgements.

Yea he seemingly has no brain besides the numbers. It's just Kobe fans think he has an agenda against Kobe. If Kobe led the league in his PER formula, he would be saying Kobe = MVP. I don't think Kobe has even reached 30 PER in a season has he?

#11 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted March 02, 2009 - 09:39 PM

John Hollinger I got a little message for you.................

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 02, 2009 - 10:09 PM

John Hollinger I got a little message for you.................

Posted Image

Cool!
John Hollinger Deserved that Message..
HAHAHA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users