42 replies to this topic

#21 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:09 PM

But the majority of his scoring comes from where?

As for grabbing boards, what if Bynum finds himself rolled over Odom's foot again?

59% of his shot attempts are from inside, 41% are jumpers. Thing is, he doesn't play down low. He drives to get his shots. Odom plays more like a slashing two-guard than he does a power forward.

With Gasol always moving out to the elbow or around that area, I don't see why Odom should worry about a clogged lane.

#22 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,323 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:15 PM

Luke starts because he gives Phil back massages (and hip massages).

hahahahahaha, that's TRUE ! :lol:

#23 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:31 PM

No way Ariza is better shooter than Odom is.. NO WAY.

On defense, we all know the asnwer.

Ariza - 32.8% from 3
Odom - 30.9% from 3 (half the attempts too)

Ariza - 41.2% from midrange
Odom - 39% from midrange
(around the same amount of attempts)

So yea, I just checked, and it looks like yes way Ariza is a better shooter this year. Basically even, but better.

#24 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:40 PM

With Ariza being a shooter, shouldn't he be coming off the bench and helping our second unit? None of those guys play defense anyways, and none of them shoot well (look at Sasha and Farmar's shooting lately).

Plus, I'm sure we have two shooters in our five anyways: Kobe and Fisher. That's all Fisher does, actually.

#25 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,323 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:42 PM

Ariza - 32.8% from 3

Odom - 39% from midrange

So yea, I just checked, and it looks like yes way Ariza is a better shooter this year. Basically even, but better.

Compared to shot attempts from midfieled, i'm pretty sure Odom is better overall.

#26 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:30 PM

Compared to shot attempts from midfieled, i'm pretty sure Odom is better overall.

What do you mean? Sorry I didn't understand :no:

#27 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:38 PM

We'd have no problems on the boards, and if we play a small lineup..that means rest for our bigs, and pau, drew, and LO can split time down low..

but RD, I agree with you 100%. With LO in the lineup, we'd be unstoppable, but it's people's obsession with outside shooting that puts them against Luke and Lamr

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#28 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:42 PM

Ariza - 32.8% from 3

Odom - 39% from midrange

1.9%, and 1.8%

WOW. HUGE difference <_<.

Ok, shall we get on the boards and assists to see who's better? who cares about shooting, we have the greatest scorer in the game and two dominant bigs down low..WHO CARES ABOUT SHOOTING? we have sasha, morrison, and jordan off the bench. that's enough IMO

59% of his shot attempts are from inside, 41% are jumpers. Thing is, he doesn't play down low. He drives to get his shots. Odom plays more like a slashing two-guard than he does a power forward.

With Gasol always moving out to the elbow or around that area, I don't see why Odom should worry about a clogged lane.

and lamar has that patented long arm drive where he stops dribbling from like the 3 pt line and takes two big steps and just stretches his arm

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#29 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,323 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:45 PM

What do you mean? Sorry I didn't understand :no:

lol, sorry about my bad grammar.

How many shots has Odom attempted from midfield compared to how many shots has Ariza attempted from midfield.

#30 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:09 PM

1.9%, and 1.8%

WOW. HUGE difference <_<.

Ok, shall we get on the boards and assists to see who's better? who cares about shooting, we have the greatest scorer in the game and two dominant bigs down low..WHO CARES ABOUT SHOOTING? we have sasha, morrison, and jordan off the bench. that's enough IMO

I don't get what you're arguing. I wasn't making a point of who to start, I was saying that #24 was wrong in his assumption that Ariza is in NO WAY a better shooter than Odom. I said they were basically even in shooting so you're not proving anything, Ariza is better by a small margin and that alone disproves the notion that he can in no way be a better shooter than Odom.

And we have Jordan as a shooter off the bench half the time, Morrison never, and Sasha once every 10 games.

lol, sorry about my bad grammar.

How many shots has Odom attempted from midfield compared to how many shots has Ariza attempted from midfield.

I think they were just about equal, a few FG difference.

#31 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,323 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:22 PM

I think they were just about equal, a few FG difference.

Where do you check these stats anyway ?

#32 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Where do you check these stats anyway ?

I go to basketball-reference and ESPN's stats for most of my findings, used http://www.nba.com/hotspots/ for the shot chart this time to calculate the attempts and %s. Counted the 5 midrange areas on that shot chart.

#33 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:28 PM

Transition D is the answer to the original question, and Odom doesnt utilize his size RD, if he was effective and reliable posting up maybe we could do it. But I think the walton Line up is good enough. Plus Odom didnt play this well but he was GOOD off the bench.
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#34 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted March 02, 2009 - 10:58 PM

I was hoping they try the line-up if Drew can get in a few games before the playoffs, Odom is unselfish and can create for other teammates. If it doesn't work, go back to LO on the bench.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#35 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 11:03 PM

Plus Odom didnt play this well but he was GOOD off the bench.

Odom was never, ever, ever good off the bench. He was averaging 8-9 PPG and playing like garbage, hence the huge topic about his play and all the stress he caused us, playing extremely bad for 8-9 consecutive games (which is the streak Vujacic is currently on).

#36 Angela1986

Angela1986

Off The Bench

• 1,584 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 02, 2009 - 11:32 PM

I was wary about it at first, but since Luke is starting, I'd rather see us go with the line up Real is suggesting.

Transition D is the answer to the original question, and Odom doesnt utilize his size RD, if he was effective and reliable posting up maybe we could do it. But I think the walton Line up is good enough. Plus Odom didnt play this well but he was GOOD off the bench.

Odom was having career lows when he was coming off the bench. He started to do very well when he started.

#37 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 03, 2009 - 02:05 AM

Lamar sucked coming off of the bench.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#38 TheAssassin611

TheAssassin611

"The Young Assassin"

• 892 posts
  • Name:Mohammad Abdulrauf L. Lauban
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2009 - 03:06 AM

Luke starts because he gives Phil back massages (and hip massages).

HAHAHA.Nice One.

#39 runoneuno

runoneuno

Rookie

• 786 posts
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Andrew Bynum

Posted March 03, 2009 - 07:25 AM

I like Walton. I think he does a more than decent job of facilitating the offense. He's a great passer and his shooting game's stepped up quite a bit. If anyone hates Walton, it's because he's one ugly son of expletive.

#40 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:03 AM

I like Walton. I think he does a more than decent job of facilitating the offense. He's a great passer and his shooting game's stepped up quite a bit. If anyone hates Walton, it's because he's one ugly son of expletive.

I could care less what Walton looks like. Supposedly, he's a pretty boy anyways.

I don't like his mistakes on defense, and I don't see how you can say he's shooting good. He's at 42% from the floor for a 6-8 forward that should be posting up more. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Fisher, Bynum, Ariza, Powell, Mbenga and Shannon Brown (for the season) are all shooting better than Walton. If Luke was a good shooter, he'd be over Fisher (who doesn't ever attack the rim) and Ariza, at least.

Passing is all Walton does. He knows the triangle offense. Good for him. I can write pages about the offense too, I know it so well, doesn't mean I am a starter for the Lakers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users