* I love how the crowd cringes when Kobe touches the ball -- seriously.
* Vujacic needs to use this game as a stepping stone to regain his status as the machine. 2/4 isn't that bad.
* One of the three buds I took along with me is a Chief from the Sheriff's and he kept picking on this kid who was wearing a Stoudemire jersey. Why? Because he wasn't playing of course. He also kept telling the kid to view the scoreboard when Kobe made the comeback in the 3rd. I couldn't help but think the loss was simply karma. Thanks Chief.
* It was frustrating to see those foul calls, to experience such a drag in the pacing of the game sucks.
* Fisher/Walton: Would've like to see their playmaking be more successful. That lob by Fisher was more tragic than the Titanic.
* Hilarious to see the Laker fans throwing back Suns t-shirts when they were thrown to the crowd.
* Kobe: I hope you guys were able to hear us on television. Those MVP chants are hard to pull off on the road. Good job on the 49 points.
* I was waiting for my buds to finish their restroom signoffs after the game and I was approached by a female Sun's fan. Keep in mind, I'm wearing a Laker's jersey -- who knew? She tells me Lakers suck and that they lost. I couldn't believe it; I'm meeting a prophet in flesh and blood. I remind her that the Lakers are #1 in NBA, we were only exchanging facts, right? She responds with: "I've dated worse." I find a box of tampons in my locker when I return to the Sheriff's, FML.
* Same scenario, a guy points at me and tells me to enjoy the trip back to Los Angeles. I inform him the Suns won't make the playoffs, he seems confident that they will. I nod and say, That's right, 8th seed, first round, I look forward to seeing you in Staples Center then.
* These Sun's fan were taking pictures right before you walked out of the arena. Right before the flash went off, a Lakers fan managed to jump in just in time to throw off some signs. I can manage the reaction when they view that picture. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE, MY GOD!
We lost, it sucks but we still remain #1. It blows we gave up our advantage against Cavs but there's still a long ways to go. Thanks to the Pistons for beating the Celtics which helps us in case we meet them in the Finals instead of the Cavs. Go Lakers.
Edited by Curisu, March 01, 2009 - 10:45 PM.