Photo

Do You think the NBA is Rigged?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Is The NBA Rigged? (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Is the NBA rigged?

1. Yes (26 votes [53.06%])

Percentage of vote: 53.06%

2. No (23 votes [46.94%])

Percentage of vote: 46.94%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 02:40 PM

I'm sure they are biased against us.

I mean, the NBA has NO reason whatsoever to help a team in a market of 10 million, and with the player with the number one selling jersey.

Yeah, they are ALL conspiring against the Lakers...

The NBA will always help the bigger market teams because it brings in more money.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#22 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,073 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:37 PM

It's definitely manipulated.

NBA officiating is one of the largest, "in your face" embarrassments I have ever seen.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#23 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 02, 2009 - 04:52 PM

Hell yea it is..you tellin me that we made that comeback against the Spurs and STILL lost? over some bull[expletive] calls? mason kicks out and trevor is called for a travel! such bs..they dont rig the whole game, but when it's not going their way they do their thing

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#24 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 02, 2009 - 05:05 PM

of course everyone sometimes feels that the refs are against them, but i dont think its rigged but i guess you could say sometimes they favor one team over the other

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#25 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:47 PM

I'm sure they are biased against us.

I mean, the NBA has NO reason whatsoever to help a team in a market of 10 million, and with the player with the number one selling jersey.

Yeah, they are ALL conspiring against the Lakers...

Well you are kinda making the counter argument. the Lakers just need be relevant , their fanbase is solid. teams like Cavs and San An, grow with their playoff achievements. So if you help the Celtics win, you add more Boston fans, and therefore more NBA fans

Matter fact i know the NBA isnt rigged. Lebron got swept in the Finals. NUFF SAID
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#26 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted March 02, 2009 - 06:49 PM

its an okay fair game....until the 1 minute mark of the 4th quarter in a close game. =)

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#27 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts
  • Name:Kevin Moradi
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:40 PM

i dunno if i can say with complete confidence that everything is completely fair.......
you guys who say no...you dont think its possible that certain refs like certain players, or like certain teams, or hate certain players and teams and when those teams play they give more calls, or less calls....
i personaly dont think its rigged but the refs are human they hate players they hate teams and they will help out or [expletive] up those teams and players

#28 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:44 PM

only when the Lakers get bad calls :)
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#29 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:46 PM

only when the Lakers get bad calls :)

honestly thats how everyone feels you win the refs are great but there are alot of bad reffed games against other teams and its horrible how a refs can ruin a game

#30 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:51 PM

dont forget that the nba being fixed can also go into other categories besides officiating. exhibit A: chicago coincidentally getting the number 1 spot and drafting derrick rose, hometown hero. exhibit B: kobe and shaq winning co-mvp in this years all-star game although the fans hold the power to vote.

one could argue that kobe and shaq geing co-mvp was just for show and to please the audience, but cant we make that same argument with alot of things that happen in the nba? in one year the nba gets the worst finals ratings with the spurs and cavs and the next year the lakers and the celtics renew their rivalry in the finals.

the truth is, david stern is a business man, and the nba is his business. hes going to try things under the radar to gain more money, just as any other business man would.
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#31 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts

Posted March 03, 2009 - 10:54 PM

dont forget that the nba being fixed can also go into other categories besides officiating. exhibit A: chicago coincidentally getting the number 1 spot and drafting derrick rose, hometown hero. exhibit B: kobe and shaq winning co-mvp in this years all-star game although the fans hold the power to vote.

one could argue that kobe and shaq geing co-mvp was just for show and to please the audience, but cant we make that same argument with alot of things that happen in the nba? in one year the nba gets the worst finals ratings with the spurs and cavs and the next year the lakers and the celtics renew their rivalry in the finals.

the truth is, david stern is a business man, and the nba is his business. hes going to try things under the radar to gain more money, just as any other business man would.

exactly....i mean its hard to belive it and i hope to god its not true but there is a chance that it is rigged...i.e. tim donaghy...who knows maybe other refs do that same shiiit

#32 MrRJ

MrRJ

Rookie

• 1,019 posts
  • Name:Raymond Perez
  • Fan Since:I was born

Posted March 07, 2009 - 11:10 PM

:unsure:

#33 Shade

Shade

Dunk like Machine! Bynum loves DESTROY!!

• 538 posts
  • Fan Since:FOREEEVERRR!!
  • Fav. Laker:Bynum, KB, Sasha and everyone!

Posted March 07, 2009 - 11:13 PM

I will stop playing basketball and grab my ballet outfit if the NBA is rigged :wall:

Edited by Shade, March 07, 2009 - 11:14 PM.

/\
Vap is amazing

Drummer
Saxophonist
Guitarist

#34 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 09, 2009 - 02:30 PM

There should be an option for 'sometimes'.

Game 2, last year, Finals, in Boston.

Boston, 44 free throws.

Lakers, 10.

I don't care what you tell me. I know we've gotten a lot more free throws than the opposition before ourselves, but NEVER, NEVER have I seen a disparity THAT HUGE and OUTRAGEOUS. That was just unforgettable and totally shameful. We pretty much needed something close to a miracle with that added heavy lifting on us so to speak.

AND, for the record, I'm one to RARELY ever complain about the refereeing, but just that ONE game more than any, when it is THAT EXTREMELY LOPSIDED, I cannot' EVER forget or let go of that game, EVER.

Heir, you are SO wrong no offense, about game 2 in the finals last year. The Lakers WERE being aggressive, just as aggressive, if not more in fact, ESPECIALLY in the first half! The second half, they totally stopped and that's when they started chucking mostly outside shots and 3s because hell! Could you blame them? If you're going to the hole and constantly getting hacked and not getting calls in your favor but the other team is, aren't you gonna' rather settle from the outside then and at least take shots where you're not getting hacked and don't have to worry about there obviously being no calls in your favor? Lakers made somewhat of a comeback in that game cuz they kept busting 3s in that second half. They were left no other choice. It was disgusting. & for the record, I had that game DVRd and saved for a long long time and analyzed and observed many a times, more than I wish I would've so I know it damn well.

Edited by Chicano, March 09, 2009 - 02:34 PM.

#35 mamba818

mamba818

Rookie

• 131 posts

Posted March 09, 2009 - 03:32 PM

There should be an option for 'sometimes'.

Game 2, last year, Finals, in Boston.

Boston, 44 free throws.

Lakers, 10.

I don't care what you tell me. I know we've gotten a lot more free throws than the opposition before ourselves, but NEVER, NEVER have I seen a disparity THAT HUGE and OUTRAGEOUS. That was just unforgettable and totally shameful. We pretty much needed something close to a miracle with that added heavy lifting on us so to speak.

AND, for the record, I'm one to RARELY ever complain about the refereeing, but just that ONE game more than any, when it is THAT EXTREMELY LOPSIDED, I cannot' EVER forget or let go of that game, EVER.

Heir, you are SO wrong no offense, about game 2 in the finals last year. The Lakers WERE being aggressive, just as aggressive, if not more in fact, ESPECIALLY in the first half! The second half, they totally stopped and that's when they started chucking mostly outside shots and 3s because hell! Could you blame them? If you're going to the hole and constantly getting hacked and not getting calls in your favor but the other team is, aren't you gonna' rather settle from the outside then and at least take shots where you're not getting hacked and don't have to worry about there obviously being no calls in your favor? Lakers made somewhat of a comeback in that game cuz they kept busting 3s in that second half. They were left no other choice. It was disgusting. & for the record, I had that game DVRd and saved for a long long time and analyzed and observed many a times, more than I wish I would've so I know it damn well.

Couldnt have said it better myself.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users