• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 azk81

azk81

Rookie

• 831 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2009 - 06:56 PM

i would love that. sasha is good for nothing, we should have sent out him instead of radmanovic
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”

-Michael Jackson 1958-2009

Gone, Never Forgotten.

#22 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:04 PM

defense is a problem, but the selfish play of the bench has been noticeable. Trevor wants to score, sasha is going to shoot(though he is doing more pg plays), farmar isnt utilizing his above average passing ability, and for some reason Josh Powell and Mbega are asking for the ball in post up scoring positions. What happened is Odom being moved to the starters. I think at some point everyone has played well, and everyone has struggled but for the most part people are picking each other up. The bottom line is once we get a little rest/practice we have another 5 or 6 game streak in us. I think Sasha will step up, and i think jordan will become a more effective leader. Championship or bust
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#23 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:06 PM

for some strange reason most of 'us' see that jordan is the problem

Farmar foundering

It was a forgettable trip for Jordan Farmar. He had two points against Denver and was scoreless against Phoenix, making a combined one of seven shots in 27 minutes.

Said Jackson: "He's got to address his game a little bit to get back in rhythm and get confident back out there on the floor again so he's aggressive looking for his opportunities."

#24 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:23 PM

So Sasha isn't the problem?

@ PHX: 2-6 FG, 2 fouls, 14 minutes
@ DEN: 0-3 FG, 5 fouls, 13 minutes
vs. PHX: 5-14 FG, 0 fouls, 19 minutes
@ OKC: 1-3 FG, 2 fouls, 14 minutes
@ MIN: 0-2 FG, 1 foul, 11 minutes
vs. NOH: 0-2 FG, 2 fouls, 8 minutes
@ GSW: 0-4 FG1 foul, 12 minutes
vs. ATL: 2-7 FG, 3 fouls, 17 minutes
@ UTA: 1-3 FG, 2 fouls, 18 minutes

Last nine games, four total free throws attempted. He averaged two fouls at 14 minutes per game, on a combined 11-44 shooting, which is an awful 25% from the floor, 8-26 from downtown (30%).

What the hell is he doing? Nothing, nothing at all.

#25 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,870 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:29 PM

I think we need to start Sasha...its pretty obvious he flourishes from the open looks Kobe gets him and Kobe's more than capable of playing SF. Bring Luke off the bench with Farmar and Ariza at SG and make them run the offense to limit Farmar's wildness

Edited by MDI, March 01, 2009 - 07:30 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#26 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:32 PM

Start Sasha? Please, no. I said it already, whether Kobe gives them those open looks or is on the court with them, what difference can it really make right now? Open shots are open shots. He's getting them a plenty and he's missing them a plenty. Kobe's got nothing to do right now with Sasha struggling and having a horrible season.

Damn, we could've had James Posey easily instead of Sasha, WAY better all around player and or EVEN Matt Barnes!! for a BARGAIN/STEAL!

#27 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:33 PM

some people just read what they want to read.

i always said it's NOT only sasha...

it's the entire bench... and sasha is included in that bench.

except jordan is the one that handles the ball and the 'leader' of the second unit. i put more weight on jordan's role than sasha's. sasha's the back up to kobe, not the same role as last year. sasha barely plays 10 minutes.

jordan is the leader and he doesn't show it.

but in essence the entire bench is out of sync.

Edited by lili, March 01, 2009 - 07:33 PM.

#28 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,870 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:36 PM

^ people are also frustrated with the fact that he was paid big and he hasn't expanded his game - we thought he'd improve his handles so that when Fish or Farmar has a night off he could play the point and bring in extra versatility. But it has remained below average like always. His defense has definitely regressed as well. It feels like we're wasting money on someone who plays only 10 inconsistent blahh minutes a game while we could've reisnged someone like Ronny who could've addressed a need of ours like backup Center or signed more experienced players like Matt barnes (for cheap) and James Posey. It feels like Luke 2.0. Luke did it last year, got paid and sucked....same with Sasha

Edited by MDI, March 01, 2009 - 07:36 PM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#29 lili

lili

Off The Bench

• 1,597 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 07:52 PM

^ people are also frustrated with the fact that he was paid big and he hasn't expanded his game - we thought he'd improve his handles so that when Fish or Farmar has a night off he could play the point and bring in extra versatility. But it has remained below average like always. His defense has definitely regressed as well. It feels like we're wasting money on someone who plays only 10 inconsistent blahh minutes a game while we could've reisnged someone like Ronny who could've addressed a need of ours like backup Center or signed more experienced players like Matt barnes (for cheap) and James Posey. It feels like Luke 2.0. Luke did it last year, got paid and sucked....same with Sasha

i find myself 'defending' sasha eventhough i really don't care about his game that much. he is just the backup to kobe right now. he has had various injuries that have not been able to heal.

there's a reason the lakers didn't get the players you mentioned. look at the lakers players and you'll find a 'trend' of the players the lakers get(no, is not worthless players)

i'm sure if you go to the suns or hornets blogs they'll say bad things about the players you mentioned. it's all the same with all the fans.

fans tend to blame the player they don't identify with, eventhough not only that player is playing bad.

i just don't think is fair to blame sasha right now, not for the small role he's having on this team. last year i would've said yes, not this. this year jordan's role is bigger and he's not living up to that role.

Edited by lili, March 01, 2009 - 07:53 PM.

#30 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 08:08 PM

Haha, Jordan Farmar's role is no bigger than Sasha's. Both are coming off the bench. Farmar doesn't run the offense. Point guards don't run the triangle. Farmar is there to make shots when he drops the ball into the post. I can drop a pass into Gasol, and go run to the corner and wait.

Same with Sasha, only all he does is run down court and set up for three.

Farmar is putting up better numbers (and shooting better, most importantly) than Sasha is. Both have the same roles: make open shots. Neither are doing it, but Farmar is more valuable than Sasha at this point, because we don't have anyone else who can play the backup point guard position.

#31 LAKERS_14th

LAKERS_14th

Rookie

• 96 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Black Mamba & BYNUM

Posted March 01, 2009 - 08:21 PM

First of all Jordan has been no where NEAR as bad as Sasha this year, not even close. Jordan can have up and down games but Sasha is just consistently down.

I think Sasha should in fact take a few nights off, maybe even a week or two to gather him self and his game. Shannon is more than capable of filling his void. It's not like Shannon can be any worse than Vujacic has been lately that's for damn sure.

totally true...farmar has been having an off season but he IS coming around unlike sasha who has gotten steadily worse. phil needs to send a message to sasha by benching him for a little. then we can see what shannon can bring to the table. shannon can also out-defend sasha anyday (the machine looked retarded today on defense...if i didnt already throw my remote through my wall because of him last game, i would have done it again today) and can become more consistent with some more minutes (maybe).
BOSTON SUCKS!!!

#32 Junayd

Junayd

Based Prophet

• 10,890 posts
  • Fan Since:'97-'98
  • Fav. Laker:Sedale Threatt

Posted March 01, 2009 - 08:26 PM

Jordan seems like he's full of himself and tries to put on his own show when he's in the game..but Sasha seems to be trying too hard this year, last year he played with more emotion and he had a good year, but this time around, i think he's letting the pressure get to him, especially since he came back from that preseason injury a little too early

Shannon would def help with our defense, even tho i've yet to see him in an one-on-one situation, but adam is a pure scorer that could help us in nights like we had up at Denver..but sasha needs a wake up call ASAP

Posted Image
@MooMeezy | Tumblr
“i have more respect for a man that lets me know where he stands, even if he’s wrong.
than one who comes up like an angel but is nothing but a devil.”

#33 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted March 01, 2009 - 08:33 PM

the sad thing is that most of you guys 'pick' sasha because he IS sasha...he is not like jordan or trevor and so on...he is not the typical basketball player and that's why so many of you pick on him.

That is just not true. I really, really liked Sasha... when he was decent. I am always rooting for him to do well and think he can be a key player on this team, but every time he steps on the court and chucks up a 3 and bricks or commits an unnecessary foul in like 5 seconds of play it really breaks my heart. When he steps on the court that's pretty much what he is; a heart breaker.

Every game I give Vujacic a chance, like a wife in an abusive relationship. Every time he steps on the court I tell my self "ok I'll give him another chance, people make mistakes and no one is perfect" and every time he ends up bitch slapping me with a bricked 3 or an unnecessary foul. And I'm just tired of being smacked around.

At least when Farmar slaps me he says he's sorry and massages my feet from time to time. Vujacic? I get no such remorse.

Last nine games, four total free throws attempted. He averaged two fouls at 14 minutes per game, on a combined 11-44 shooting, which is an awful 25% from the floor, 8-26 from downtown (30%).

Wow. The proof is in the proverbial pudding folks.

Again, I really like Sasha. I always enjoyed screaming "MAAAACHINE!!!" at the top of my lungs when he would do well. But lately I have had no such outbursts.

Edited by Samson1987, March 01, 2009 - 08:35 PM.

"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#34 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:15 PM

Always room for experiment. I doubt Phil Jackson would though.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#35 LP_18

LP_18

Sasha's favorite

• 1,856 posts
  • Name:Lisa
  • Fav. Laker:Sasha!

Posted March 02, 2009 - 01:15 AM

thats kind of unfair to judge him based on fouls.. he sometimes fouls on purpose and makes great plays. i think he did that twice tonight.

QUOTE (MDI @ Mar 19 2009, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when did sash turn into kobe ? WTF?

TEAM SASHA!
TEAM PAU PAU!

#36 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,729 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 01:23 AM

thats kind of unfair to judge him based on fouls.. he sometimes fouls on purpose and makes great plays. i think he did that twice tonight.

Removing the fouls, he still plays pathetic basketball, because most every shot he takes is wide-open (and even if it wasn't, being very kind here, he still plays pathetic basketball because no true NBA player shoots 25% from the floor over 9-10 consecutive games).

#37 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted March 02, 2009 - 01:31 AM

the sad thing is that most of you guys 'pick' sasha because he IS sasha...he is not like jordan or trevor and so on...he is not the typical basketball player and that's why so many of you pick on him.

That sure as hell doesn't include me. I loved him last year. I was named The Machine after him in the dorms cuz we both had a [expletive]ing sweeeeeeeet shot from 3 and rarely missed. Deadly.

This year I'm embarrassed to be associated with him :(. I hate watching him miss every single shot he takes, it's disgusting. He better get out of his crap shooting funk. I don't want him being 11am anymore.

thats kind of unfair to judge him based on fouls..

True that, just judge him based on how horrible his shooting is, cuz he comes in to be a SHOOTER.

#38 Mr. 24

Mr. 24

Rookie

• 436 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted March 02, 2009 - 02:17 AM

trying wont hurt

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users