• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 LkrsOvrMia 2

LkrsOvrMia 2

Rookie

• 40 posts
  • Fav. Laker:This is a team sport!

Posted August 15, 2008 - 05:45 PM

You're obviously disheartened in general with ESPN.

Why dignify the article? I'll never understand this sort of human behavior.

By the way, ...better than...
"Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael?" Rick Reilly

Bryant, who will be representing Team USA for the first time, told Gasol: "Being that we lost this series, you (guys) have no chance at a gold medal. I ain't goin' 0 for 2, homie."

#42 KGB

KGB

To be the greatest

• 202 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2008 - 08:45 PM

As far as Wade putting himself back into contention for the leagues elite with LBJ and Kobe....why!? B/c he's been good in international games against weak competition? I'm sorry, I'm not sold.

I agree with everything except this. Most great international teams will beat most great NBA teams. It's more of the fact that the US has the most firepower in the world which makes things incredibly easy as pie for Mr. Whistle.

#43 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,103 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 11:24 PM

you guys must understand that this kind of stuff solidifies kobe's greatness. the best players have everyone compared to them.

i don't see wade versus lebron or wade versus paul

i see lebron vs. kobe or wade vs. kobe or even paul vs. kobe

everyone is compared to kobe it is the media's own bias that keeps kobe in the limelight and in the forefront

he is the best and the overwhelming amount of comparisons only solidify his stature in the league
Posted Image

#44 Cash Money 24

Cash Money 24

Rookie

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 17, 2008 - 09:21 AM

Person above me you made a beautiful point--and common you guys Wade has something to prove this season Kobe's waiting for the season to begin, he as a veteran understands he can't go too hard for injuries can always happen and if you guys forgot he has surgery after the Olympics making that pinky just a little worse would or can result in missing the opening games of the season.

#45 KB24@CL

KB24@CL

Rookie

• 37 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe and Magic

Posted August 17, 2008 - 12:30 PM

during the olympics so far Wade and James have been the best players...

you have got to suck it up Laker fans...Kobe has not done anything special during the olympics so far.

Does that mean Wade is a better overall player? no I would take Kobe 10 out of 10 times...but just admit that Wade is having a MUCH better tournament...he is shooting 73% and is second to Bosh and Kobe is second to last at 42% and second to last at point shooting with 20% and 4th last in FT% at 59%...

facts are facts.

BTW Kobe has taken the most shots on team USA (50+)...he is averaging 11 ppg. Wade is averaging 17.8 points in 18.8 minutes per game, and he leads the team with 11 steals and as I said has made 73% of his shots. James is shooting about 60% from the field and averages about 15-16 ppg.

Edited by KB24@CL, August 17, 2008 - 12:35 PM.

#46 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted August 17, 2008 - 05:07 PM

see thats the thing bout basketball, the offensive player gets all the glory, even thoe he cant defend for [expletive], while the top defensive player alway gets overlooked, even thoe hes the one who really won the game for them, as a defensive player myself, that [expletive] always happens to me, i feel you kobe

Kobe's defense hasn't been THAT much above and beyond Wade's. Since all these teams aren't all that athleteic it's been fairly easy for everybody to keep in front of their man. So these Olympics, it's easy to say that Wade is having a better tournament than Kobe. It's not the same as Wade is a better player.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#47 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 17, 2008 - 06:22 PM

Why are Laker fans so biased they can't see something sooooooo obvious? First of all, you have to read. The article is clearly talking about Wade playing better in the Olympics, yet half the people here argue that Wade is only playing better in the Olympics but Kobe is the better NBA player. Second of all, so much is being made of Kobe's defense, but honestly, Wade's has been that much better. Wade has been everywhere, getting a ton of steals. Yes, that starts with pressuring the ball handler, but picking up the steals is the 2nd part. And Wade has been more efficient. I'm not sure it's even a discussion that Wade is playing better offensively.

Look, I really don't like Wade. I think he's overrated, injury prone, and love to call him D-Whistle. But honestly, if you can't see that he's playing better, then get off this site and go watch the games over and over.

#48 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 17, 2008 - 07:04 PM

because he's putting himself back in the conversation with LeBron and Kobe for the game's premier player

^ From the article

I don't think Wade is even close to being in the conversation of being basketball's premier player. He's had a great Olympics, but that shouldn't overshadow how bad the Heat have been the in the two years after winning the championship (06-07 First round exit, 07-08 15-67 record). No premier player in the league lets their team spiral downwards so quickly with virtually the same core. Amazing statistics against weak international teams (compared to the current US team) shouldn't vault Wade towards being considered the best player.

#49 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,777 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 18, 2008 - 02:51 AM

Wade has been playing great in the Olympics. He's back. ;)

Back doesn't mean he was ever better than Kobe...so...?

#50 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted August 18, 2008 - 02:59 AM

Kobe lead Smush Parker (who couldn't get a game for the lowly Heat), Kwame Brown and Luke Walton to nearly upsetting the Suns whilst Wade got his team one of the worst records to ever hit the NBA.

Wade isn't premier tier yet.
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#51 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:04 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Posted Image

#52 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:11 AM

Kobe lead Smush Parker (who couldn't get a game for the lowly Heat), Kwame Brown and Luke Walton to nearly upsetting the Suns whilst Wade got his team one of the worst records to ever hit the NBA.

But he's on Charles Barkley's Fave 5. :lol: (actually I don't know if you get those T-Mobile commercials over there)

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#53 Nirvana

Nirvana

Come as you are

• 5,534 posts

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:16 AM

But he's on Charles Barkley's Fave 5. :lol: (actually I don't know if you get those T-Mobile commercials over there)

Nah I've seen the commercials.

;)

I wonder how much they had to pay Charles Bakrley to say that.

:lol:
Kurt Cobain - "Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are."

#54 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:19 AM

Nah I've seen the commercials.

;)

I wonder how much they had to pay Charles Bakrley to say that.

:lol:

Haha I'm not sure. I wish Kobe had some funny commercials like D-Wade though. :P

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#55 John_030

John_030

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted August 18, 2008 - 03:58 AM

no wade isnt better hes deffinetly playing good in the olympics but thats the olympics not the nba

Edited by John_030, August 18, 2008 - 03:58 AM.

Kobe Bryant 24

#56 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 18, 2008 - 06:20 AM

Watching games online showed me those funny as hell commercials. :P

Haha I'm not sure. I wish Kobe had some funny commercials like D-Wade though. :mitch:

I dun think Kobe takes the crack you know....=/

#57 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted August 18, 2008 - 07:20 AM

Wade already has a championship and has an NBA finales MVP. He wasn't premier the past season with a bum knee, but in general he is premier.

He won those finales with Shaq way past his prime as well, Fatoine Walker, washed up Gray Payton, and White Chocolate of all people. That team with Kwame, Puke and Odom (which you conveniently leave out) is not as bad as the Heat last year.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#58 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 18, 2008 - 09:57 AM

Look, bottom line now, Wade is better than Kobe in the olympics...nuff said.

#59 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,801 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 18, 2008 - 10:43 AM

Wade already has a championship and has an NBA finales MVP. He wasn't premier the past season with a bum knee, but in general he is premier.

He won those finales with Shaq way past his prime as well, Fatoine Walker, washed up Gray Payton, and White Chocolate of all people. That team with Kwame, Puke and Odom (which you conveniently leave out) is not as bad as the Heat last year.

I don't think Shaq was quite out of his prime when they won a championship unless you consider averaging 19 and 10 a steep decline for a player out of their prime.

What about the 06-07 playoffs when they were swept out of the first round in the playoffs by the Bulls? Not a very strong showing for a player considered premier guard in the league.

Edited by L.A.K.E.R, August 18, 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#60 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 18, 2008 - 10:53 AM

Kobe ditching two slam dunks???

Oh my goodness!

Now I know, that pinkie is bothering him.

He's not even close to the Kobe we've seen played during last year's FIBA Americas.

Last summer, he's got numerous notably good outings.

28 points against Argentina.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users