• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 BringDFishBack

BringDFishBack

Rookie

• 140 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Jordan Farmar & Derek Fisher

Posted August 14, 2008 - 06:02 PM

On Team USA right now, Wade is no doubt the best player, and if you don't think so you must be blind. However, I don't believe that will translate back into the NBA. First, he can't expend as much energy on defense because he has to do so much on offense. Second, he can drive and get open looks because he isn't the star of the team. He probably benefits the most of anyone on the team from being surrounding by stars. It's hard for him to score when he's being double or triple teamed, and hard to work hard on defense when he's playing 40 minutes a night and having to do a lot on offense.

#22 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 14, 2008 - 09:37 PM

Is this when LeBron will be playing overseas?

i ment as the vest shooting guard, not best player, lebron will be that by then, hopefully if he doesnt get injured, like penny hardway

#23 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 14, 2008 - 10:49 PM

The roles are different..and yeah, alot of points you guys have already pointed out...D-Wade is better now at this point of time in the olympics, but overall? Nah.

#24 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 03:22 AM

Damn people, how do you spell this word... oh yea b i a s. Bias that's what we're showing here!

Wade has been the best player on the team. Kobe has not been the best player on the team. Not the 2nd best.

I do believe Kobe's defense has been the greatest out of everyone, but his offense, hell no, and his shot was DEAD up until this last game. In total that defense did not make him the best on Team USA.

And dude said because he's putting himself back in the conversation with LeBron and Kobe for the game's premier player... yes, what's wrong with him saying that? He is saying that Kobe is either 1 or 2 in the league and Wade is not, and that this upcoming year Wade can get back up there, and he can.

Stop being so blind people.

I ridiculed Wade all of this year cuz he straight up sucked balls. Dude had a turnover in the skills challenge come on. But it looks like he's back. He's fully healthy now (as shown by that ILL alley-oop windmill slam) and his shot and passing and everything else are on point.

Don't forget how Wade looked at his peak. NBA Finals, JORDAN-esque play... something I'm sad to say Kobe has never had in such a stage.

Go Team USA, Dwyane keep doing your thang. Kobe you're on the right path after those first 2 horrible games.

i ment as the vest shooting guard, not best player, lebron will be that by then, hopefully if he doesnt get injured, like penny hardway

Lebron won't end up like Penny, I don't think he can, dude is a FREAK... but you never know.

I actually thought Wade could be the Penny of this generation, his incredible play cut down by injuries. One thing I HATE about sports is injuries, esp. those that ruin careers. I'm glad Wade is back and hope the best.

Edited by Imadogg, August 15, 2008 - 03:25 AM.

#25 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,279 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 15, 2008 - 08:16 AM

This is BSPN how can we trust them...

Posted Image

#26 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 08:45 AM

Damn people, how do you spell this word... oh yea b i a s. Bias that's what we're showing here!

Wade has been the best player on the team. Kobe has not been the best player on the team. Not the 2nd best.

I do believe Kobe's defense has been the greatest out of everyone, but his offense, hell no, and his shot was DEAD up until this last game. In total that defense did not make him the best on Team USA.

And dude said because he's putting himself back in the conversation with LeBron and Kobe for the game's premier player... yes, what's wrong with him saying that? He is saying that Kobe is either 1 or 2 in the league and Wade is not, and that this upcoming year Wade can get back up there, and he can.

Stop being so blind people.

I ridiculed Wade all of this year cuz he straight up sucked balls. Dude had a turnover in the skills challenge come on. But it looks like he's back. He's fully healthy now (as shown by that ILL alley-oop windmill slam) and his shot and passing and everything else are on point.

Don't forget how Wade looked at his peak. NBA Finals, JORDAN-esque play... something I'm sad to say Kobe has never had in such a stage.

Go Team USA, Dwyane keep doing your thang. Kobe you're on the right path after those first 2 horrible games.

Lebron won't end up like Penny, I don't think he can, dude is a FREAK... but you never know.

I actually thought Wade could be the Penny of this generation, his incredible play cut down by injuries. One thing I HATE about sports is injuries, esp. those that ruin careers. I'm glad Wade is back and hope the best.

but, the worse injury is the mental, thats why javon walker been wack lately....

Edited by ickerfan567, August 15, 2008 - 08:45 AM.

#27 ogarte24

ogarte24

Rookie

• 113 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2008 - 09:10 AM

Wait till Kobe gets his injured pinkie surgically repaired after the Olympics then let's talk.

I love D-Wade though. :D

Melo, Kobe and D-Wade are my best favorite players. :rock:

Edited by ogarte24, August 15, 2008 - 09:11 AM.

#28 Weezy

Weezy

A boombox can change the world

• 1,204 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:36 AM

Typical BSPN, Kobe is still the better player. Kobe's job is defense among other things and he's still getting his scoring in. BSPN is in love with scoring and flashy scoring though and they overlook the other things guys do, things that Kobe and even Bosh have been doing that are less flashy than Wade. Kobe is still all around better, better shooter for one thing and we've yet to see Wade play defense in the NBA. Wade's job on Team USA is to come in and score and he's done that, different job than Kobe but BSPN doesn't care about the technical stuff. Wade has been amazing, but I still say he's 3rd to Kobe and LeBron.
Posted Image

#29 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:43 AM

Never listen to BSPN, they never give Kobe enough credit...

Wade has played better than Kobe in these Olympics, but he is no where near Kobe's level in the NBA (at this point). Wade's coming off the bench with teams not targeting him like they would in the NBA where he's the star on the Heat. Saying Wade is better than Kobe is absurd. 3 good games in the Olympics should not erase the 15-67 record the Heat had last season. 15-67...that's worse than the 24-58 that the C's had a year before...

#30 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:43 AM

hes not even third, chris paul lock up that position......

#31 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:47 AM

Until Wade proves in the actual NBA season that he's back, talks of him as an elite player shouldn't come up. BSPN doesnt realize that if a team goes 15-67 in the East then the star of that team shouldn't even be in consideration for the best player in the league.

#32 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:52 AM

how could wade even be considered anyway, with the ikes of Joe johnson is performing better then him

#33 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:54 AM

how could wade even be considered anyway, with the ikes of Joe johnson is performing better then him

My point exactly. Wade is very overrated. He hasn't done anything in the league for the past two years. In the 06-07 playoffs, the Heat got swept by the Chicago Bulls. In the 07-08 season, they posted a 15-67 record. Not what you'd expect from an elite NBA Player :rock:

#34 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:55 AM

They are talking about during these olympics. Offensively, which is what Journalists only pay attention to, Wade has been playing better than Kobe.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#35 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,011 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 10:57 AM

They are talking about during these olympics. Offensively, which is what Journalists only pay attention to, Wade has been playing better than Kobe.

see thats the thing bout basketball, the offensive player gets all the glory, even thoe he cant defend for [expletive], while the top defensive player alway gets overlooked, even thoe hes the one who really won the game for them, as a defensive player myself, that [expletive] always happens to me, i feel you kobe

#36 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted August 15, 2008 - 11:34 AM

I don't know. The blog seems to say that he's playing better than Kobe right now, which he definitely is. He's not a better player, but he's the best player in the tournament as of right now.

#37 Moses

Moses

Rookie

• 42 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 15, 2008 - 12:10 PM

Wade has just recovered from injury in time for USA practice, so he's healthy and fresh, well rested, and his purpose on this team is to score.

Kobe has played a full season, full playoffs all the way to the finals, is carrying an injury that will require surgery, and is not expected to score but to defend.

Let's be real, Wade is an amazing player, but Kobe is on another level.

#38 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 15, 2008 - 02:54 PM

Yeah, I can't believe Kobe hadn't rested long enough for once....>.<

#39 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted August 15, 2008 - 02:58 PM

um yeah kobe is wayy better than wade
Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#40 Imadogg

Imadogg

Rookie

• 0 posts

Posted August 15, 2008 - 03:14 PM

Damn it most people here don't even know what's going on...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users