magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:37 PM

look what BSPN said

Source

Dwyane Wade is back. All the way back! In fact, he may be better than ever, what with his added strength from his newfound love of lifting. I admit that I was among the skeptics. I thought Wade would still play at an All-Star level, but I had strong doubts as to whether he'd ever reach his 2006 form again. I wasn't sure that he should have even been on Team USA because I thought he'd be a lesser duplication of Kobe Bryant. But Wade's been far better than Bryant -- offensively and defensively. Hopefully, he can stay healthy for the upcoming NBA season (not just healthy enough to play, but fully healthy and free from nagging injuries) because he's putting himself back in the conversation with LeBron and Kobe for the game's premier player. Oh, and Michael Beasley's prediction that Miami will return to the playoffs next season is looking better and better.

is this a joke Wade better then Kobe. Wade is not even in discussion of him being better then Lebron cmment of Chris Broussard stupid post
Posted Image

#2 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:38 PM

Wade has been playing great in the Olympics. He's back. :rock:

#3 LD2k

LD2k

the VISION of the FANS

• 2,289 posts
  • Name:Chris
  • Fan Since:The Womb
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:38 PM

Wade was put on the 2nd squad to score the ball.

Kobe was assigned to D-up on the best opposing players.

Different roles. BSPN back and at work... of course.

#4 magicbalala245

magicbalala245

Call Me Mr. Clutch or Mr. Automatic

• 3,456 posts
  • Fan Since:I was born in '91
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Lamar

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Wade was put on the 2nd squad to score the ball.

Kobe was assigned to D-up on the best opposing players.

Different roles. BSPN back and at work... of course.

you damn right LD2K BSPN is riding Wade's jock strap right now. Will see this NBA season when Kobe get the better of Wade
Posted Image

#5 gcclaker

gcclaker

I Bleed Purple And Gold!

• 750 posts
  • Fan Since:The Glory Days of Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Michael Cooper DPOY 1987

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:44 PM

Wade is healthy and is playing better than Bryant in The Olympics. Is he better overall than Bryant? No. Bryant is superior on individual defense and has range on his reliable perimeter game. I am all for a healthy Wade with a content Marion and an ROY campaign from Beasley for the Heat. Anything to give tough competition for THOSE GUYS in the East.
Five guys on the court working together can achieve more than five talented individuals who come and go as individuals.
-Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

#6 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:46 PM

Wade is healthy and is playing better than Bryant in The Olympics. Is he better overall than Bryant? No. Bryant is superior on individual defense and has range on his reliable perimeter game.

#7 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:49 PM

how f'n convenient for BSPN to not mention the fact that Wade only played half a season and didnt go thru the rigors of a Western Conference playoff run and a dog fight with the Celtics

have Kobe play til February and rest til August...let's do the comparison then...Wade? pfft!
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#8 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:54 PM

It's unfortunate BSPN even has to turn to this/talk about this while the main focus right now should be strictly focusing on the games themselves & specifically encouraging & rooting on our country. Instead, they have to try & purposely make stupid comparisons at any chance they get & stir things up.

Right now, I don't wanna' hear about this individual or that individual being better than someone, etc.. I wanna hear about our damn country, our damn team, and what we must do as a team to keep improving and make sure we bring back the gold. No need for negativity.

#9 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:56 PM

ESPN will pretty much say that D-Wade's horrible season last year was all injury even though he did miss out on like 30 games or so. Then he goes and plays 3 games in the Olympics and all of a sudden he's back at the top. No one ever mentions Kobe's injury anymore. :rock: D-Wade's great and all but he's not better than Kobe that's for sure.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#10 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 01:59 PM

Michael Wilbon has always totally been on this guy's jock. He said something along the lines of Wade being better than Kobe if I'm not mistaken like 2 or 3 years in a row before last year. What a bleepin' fool. I bet he's all Barnstable's avi now at Wade being "back".

#11 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2008 - 04:58 PM

Well offensively, yeah Wade has been better. That's his role. He comes off the bench and scores the ball. Like Kobe couldn't do the same thing? Kobe is probably the 4th option on offense in the starting lineup. He's been reduced to basically a spotup shooter. No, I don't think he cares about it b/c his job is to play defense, and that's what he's doing. Saying Wade has been better defensively thus far is a joke and you have to question the intelligence of a sportswriter who would say that. Wade gambles for steals, how is that great defense?

As far as Wade putting himself back into contention for the leagues elite with LBJ and Kobe....why!? B/c he's been good in international games against weak competition? I'm sorry, I'm not sold. Yes he has looked good, but that's only b/c he looked so terrible last year it was embarrassing. He looks to be back at an all-star level but up there with LBJ and Kobe? Lay off the weed man.

#12 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,968 posts

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:04 PM

kobe is better right now, wade will be the best in 3 years

#13 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:08 PM

the only reason you guys are mad at this because its kobe their talking about if they said his better then james in the olympics you guys would agree. by far wade has been playing better then anyone in the olympics. but id take kobe over wade any day
Posted Image

#14 King Joseph

King Joseph

Rookie

• 153 posts
  • Name:Jonas Joseph
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Lamar Odom

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:09 PM

Well offensively, yeah Wade has been better. That's his role. He comes off the bench and scores the ball. Like Kobe couldn't do the same thing? Kobe is probably the 4th option on offense in the starting lineup. He's been reduced to basically a spotup shooter. No, I don't think he cares about it b/c his job is to play defense, and that's what he's doing. Saying Wade has been better defensively thus far is a joke and you have to question the intelligence of a sportswriter who would say that. Wade gambles for steals, how is that great defense?

As far as Wade putting himself back into contention for the leagues elite with LBJ and Kobe....why!? B/c he's been good in international games against weak competition? I'm sorry, I'm not sold. Yes he has looked good, but that's only b/c he looked so terrible last year it was embarrassing. He looks to be back at an all-star level but up there with LBJ and Kobe? Lay off the weed man.

TRUE PPL R GETTING HYPED UP ON D WADE IN A INTERNATION COMPETIION, IM A D WADE FAN N I WANT HIM TO BE BACK TO THAT 06 LEVEL BUT HE HASENT PLAYED IN THE NBA, [expletive] WAIT TILL OCTOBER COMES N WILL SEE HOW HE IS, N DA DUMB THING ABOUT D WADE BEING BETTER THEN KOBE UM ITS A TEAM PPL HAVE ROLES WADE IS LIKE GINNOBLI ON THIS TEAM AS SOON AS HE COMES IN HE SCORES, KOBE IS LIKE A BRUCE BOWEN ON THIS TEAM, BUT PUT DIS WAY JASON KIDD IS GETTING MORE MINUTES THEN CARLOS BOOZER DOSE THAT MEAN HES BETTER THEN BOOZER..HELL NO SO DONT WORRY ABT THIS N EVEN THOUGH WADE WAS CLEARLY NOT HIMSELF LAST YEAR KOBE LOCKED HIM DOWN BOTH GAMES N DROPED 31 ON HIM JUST MY 3 CENTS
Terry "Mother[expletive]ing" Kennedy: "Skateboarder Pro"

Posted Image

#15 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,947 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:12 PM

^ SWOL is that you? lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#16 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:16 PM

^ Wow, seriously, I was gonna' post the exact same thing till I saw you already did it, my thoughts EXACTLY, lol.

#17 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:21 PM

in the olympic league yeah!

in the nba NO!

Posted Image

#18 nameant

nameant

Reppin from TX

• 1,227 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:25 PM

kobe is better right now, wade will be the best in 3 years

Is this when LeBron will be playing overseas?

#19 Cookie

Cookie

"C" is NOT for Cookie!!

• 6,278 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:47 PM

lebron is better than wade even carmelo is better than wade, wade is just good in the olympics, lets see how he does when the season starts..

Posted Image

#20 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 14, 2008 - 05:48 PM

ummm no wades better then melo
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users