• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 07:28 PM

Hey all,

Here is a look at the teams with cap space in 2009 - now that the trade deadline is behind us:

http://www.hoopsworl...?story_id=11764

Interesting to think about the implications facing the Lakers with Lamar and to a lesser extent, Ariza.

Thanks

Eric
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#2 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:25 PM

Grizzlies have tons. I wonder if they'll be signing anyone for next season.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#3 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 12:04 AM

Good topic. I won't be surprised if Portland tries to land Rasheed or LO to boost their frontcourt.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#4 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 28, 2009 - 02:36 AM

Good topic. I won't be surprised if Portland tries to land Rasheed or LO to boost their frontcourt.

I doubt Portland is interested in Odom. They have Aldridge and Oden up front. I think everyone knows by now that Odom can't play the 3 effectively. So my guess is Portland will want to use (or save) that money for a pg they desperately need.

#5 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 28, 2009 - 09:02 AM

I doubt Portland is interested in Odom. They have Aldridge and Oden up front. I think everyone knows by now that Odom can't play the 3 effectively. So my guess is Portland will want to use (or save) that money for a pg they desperately need.

If Detroit can't get Boozer, that is team I fear will go after Lamar. Emplay thinks they will go after Boozer and that makes sense, but if that fails I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them throw some big money at Lamar. I hope not.

#6 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 10:11 AM

there's no way the blazers bring back sheed
Check me at at the LA Times at BasketballInsiders.com and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/EricPincus

#7 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 10:23 AM

there's no way the blazers bring back sheed

Sheed was kind of face of Jailblazers mentality right or not, but he was who people thought of during that time.

#8 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 11:16 AM

We have Bynum and Pau. Portland would like to get some experience upfront and they tried to get Amare. Oden and Aldridge are very young still. They would love to take away from the Lakers no doubt

Sheed was kind of face of Jailblazers mentality right or not, but he was who people thought of during that time.

Yeah he was but with an experienced coach in McMillan they have now I think he would fit in besides they would only have to offer him a one year deal say 5-10 million I would think
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#9 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 11:19 AM

dude - they're not going to pay sheed $10 mil to come back - no way - and they want to add a big name to their core - not a short-term guy like sheed

#10 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 11:21 AM

They want experience and 5 million was a part of the range. Sheed will get that at least.

PHIL JACKSON

#11 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 28, 2009 - 12:54 PM

I see Sheed signing with the Spurs for the MLE, no joke.

Odom I think will resign with the Lakers for 10 million per year.

Boozer will sign with Detroit.

Those are my predictions.

If Detroit can't get Boozer, that is team I fear will go after Lamar. Emplay thinks they will go after Boozer and that makes sense, but if that fails I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see them throw some big money at Lamar. I hope not.

Nah. I think they would rather save that big money for a position of need. They really need an effective pg or sf. They have some nice players at those two positions, but not stabilizing forces.

#12 LALDynasty

LALDynasty

Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP

• 3,797 posts
  • Fan Since:1991

Posted February 28, 2009 - 12:55 PM

we got Odom and Ariza to worry about also Isn't Farmar a free agent? and Kobe? there goes our money right there so I don't see us inking anyone new.

Edited by m4mb4 24, February 28, 2009 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

16 TIME NBA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Thanks TheBigFish for this great sig

#13 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 01:08 PM

no farmar isn't a free agent

#14 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:05 PM

we got Odom and Ariza to worry about also Isn't Farmar a free agent? and Kobe? there goes our money right there so I don't see us inking anyone new.

No just Ariza, Odom and Shannon Brown. Emplay I have seen Shannon listed as unrestricted FA, but ESPN has him a resricted FA. Which one is it on Shannon? Thanks.

#15 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:21 PM

Why would Portland bring back Sheed? :mellow:

The Blazers are looking to upgrade at PG and SF.

emplay, did you hear anything about Arenas and Butler going to the Blazers at the trade deadline?

#16 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:23 PM

any washington rumors were pretty much bull - they're not dumping their stars (yet)

#17 emplay

emplay

Rookie

• 876 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 06:25 PM

brown is restricted - anyone with less than 4 years of experience becomes an RFA. After this year he'll have had 3 years experience - so RFA it is

#18 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 07:06 PM

brown is restricted - anyone with less than 4 years of experience becomes an RFA. After this year he'll have had 3 years experience - so RFA it is

Thanks

#19 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 07:15 PM

I see Sheed signing with the Spurs for the MLE, no joke.

That is a real good possibility. Spurs have been smart with there money so they can do that even in their small market.

Edited by ab4sure, February 28, 2009 - 07:15 PM.

PHIL JACKSON

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users