Can Luke fix 2nd Unit?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:10 PM

Too many quick shots and one-on-one forays to the rim from the second unit led Coach Phil Jackson to consider playing Luke Walton with that group more often.

Jackson hopes Walton's unselfishness and knack for setting up teammates will jumpstart a unit that has struggled at times since Lamar Odom moved into the starting lineup after Bynum's injury.

"I don't think they're really feeding the system the way they've got to feed the system for everyone to stay happy," Jackson said. "They're young and they look for their own game first rather than how to do it together. They don't trust each other together. That's the key that they're still missing."

Link

#2 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:12 PM

If Odom keeps playing at this rate, maybe he should start when Drew gets back. If it doesn't work go back to Luke starting before the playoffs(hopefully we have Bynum before).
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:16 PM

Drew should come off the bench if he returns. Don't change things when the team's winning. PJ should know that.

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#4 Makaveli

Makaveli

where will i go?

• 13,312 posts
  • Fan Since:'06
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe 'Bean' Bryant.

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:19 PM

Drew should come off the bench if he returns. Don't change things when the team's winning. PJ should know that.

He'll come off the bench for few games.. and after that he's a starter for sure.

#5 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:11 PM

Luke isn't going to fix the second unit.

#6 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 28, 2009 - 12:08 AM

PJ understands the value of a person moving the ball within a triangle. Luke is excellent at that but when Bynum comes back he would force the second unit to run through there sets/triangle once the ball is dropped into him. He is not a bad passer either.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users