20 replies to this topic

#1 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 579 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:54 AM

Ok lately lamar odom has been playing like an allstar calibur player. If he played like this we might of had a championship already. Ok here is my concern. Will he be able to duplicate these numbers and his impact in the playoff WHEN IT MATTERS !!!.

Edited by UNLABORED FLAWLESS, February 27, 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#2 magicmoment

magicmoment

ArtestMediaGroup Graphic Designer

• 3,489 posts
  • Name:Angelica "Gel Gel"
  • Fan Since:circa 1999ish
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Vujacic, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:02 AM

He was trying to explain during the halftime interview why his play has elevated. His reason was because coming off the bench, his role is to lead and facilitate the 2nd unit.and on the starting line up, he has a different role again.

#3 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 579 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:12 AM

He was trying to explain during the halftime interview why his play has elevated. His reason was because coming off the bench, his role is to lead and facilitate the 2nd unit.and on the starting line up, he has a different role again.

That may be true but in the past when we needed him to step up when it counts he was a no show. I like to cal lamar odom a chameleon lol. Sometimes you see him and then he just blends in with the surroundings

#4 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:13 AM

The ‘old’ Lamar would have been a no-show immediately after the Boston game….10 games of consistency is something I don’t rmember seeing from him….hey, maybe it finally clicked for LO….
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,333 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:13 AM

That may be true but in the past when we needed him to step up when it counts he was a no show. I like to cal lamar odom a chameleon lol. Sometimes you see him and then he just blends in with the surroundings

Its no secret Lamar has been inconsistent. But his mind set is very different this year. You can see it in his body language and most importantly, his play.

#6 Samson1987

Samson1987

Rookie

• 539 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Bryant-Gasol-Artest-Brown

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:35 AM

I'm pretty optimistic about the level of play the Lakers will perform come playoffs/Finals. They've already been battle tested and are having the best season in literally decades if I remember correctly.

So all in all I think everyone will come through when it really matters, as they've shown the last couple of weeks.

Consider this: The lakers had a lot riding on Andrew Bynum to help them to a championship and probably believed it was impossible without him. So when Andrew took that ill fated dive in January a lot of people assumed the Lakers would buckle as their golden boy just went down with a season ending injury... but they didn't. No, in fact the very opposite happened. They stepped up to the plate and showed the doubters that they don't buckle under pressure, they feed on it.

Come Playoffs I guarantee you LO and the others will come out gangbusters and show the league they're not just a bunch of pretty faces and truly want to take this thing all the way.

I honestly feel sorry for which ever 8'th seed the Lakers face, because the Lakers will hand them their asses on a silver platter. Count on it.
"If you could stop all the players that get publicized and all the players that the NBA likes and all the players, you know, the players that win the MVP's, you know, for their offense. And some of them, you know, play pretty good defense too. But some of them, you know, they like "this guy he can shoot, he can score, he can dunk." and I want to be the one to stop all those guys, you know, and just kinda spoil the whole party." - Ron Artest

#7 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:38 AM

I'm pretty optimistic about the level of play the Lakers will perform come playoffs/Finals. They've already been battle tested and are having the best season in literally decades if I remember correctly.

So all in all I think everyone will come through when it really matters, as they've shown the last couple of weeks.

Consider this: The lakers had a lot riding on Andrew Bynum to help them to a championship and probably believed it was impossible without him. So when Andrew took that ill fated dive in January a lot of people assumed the Lakers would buckle as their golden boy just went down with a season ending injury... but they didn't. No, in fact the very opposite happened. They stepped up to the plate and showed the doubters that they don't buckle under pressure, they feed on it.

Come Playoffs I guarantee you LO and the others will come out gangbusters and show the league they're not just a bunch of pretty faces and truly want to take this thing all the way.

I honestly feel sorry for which ever 8'th seed the Lakers face, because the Lakers will hand them their asses on a silver platter. Count on it.

i hope its dallas
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#8 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,663 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:45 AM

he just has a more aggressive demeanor overall.

2div

#9 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:38 PM

its always been aggression with lamar

what worries me is out of nowwhere towards the trade deadline his aggressiveness picked up which makes me wonder what the hell is this from him
Posted Image

#10 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:44 PM

Ok lately lamar odom has been playing like an allstar calibur player. If he played like this we might of had a championship already. Ok here is my concern. Will he be able to duplicate these numbers and his impact in the playoff WHEN IT MATTERS !!!.

Lamar is playing better because he's playing in a new role and he's getting more minutes. LO usually puts up all star numbers in the 2nd half of the season and steps up in the playoffs. (Suns and Jazz series)

#11 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,919 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:47 PM

Maybe he finally learned the triangle? :unsure:

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#12 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:52 PM

stoners take a while....perhaps he finally gets it
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")

#13 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:56 PM

a switch has definitely been turned on in lamars head, he is going out there and playing with a higher intensity and physicality then he used to. im sure he will not just stop, he wants to win just as bad as everyone else now, and im lovin the results so far. Lamar is our key to the championship. Kobe will play his game and pay hopefully will bring it too, ou rbig 3 is more important than ever now

someone also mentioned him knowing the triangle now, that could be it too, but he definitely has turned it up

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#14 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,070 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:57 PM

yeah sure
Posted Image

#15 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:39 PM

Honestly I think Lamar will continue to do well rest of season. Why? It's a contract year. Sasha and Luke both played much better in their contract years. Coincidence? Maybe, but maybe not. My worry is not with Lamar rest of season, but if they sign him to a long contract he goes back to being passive and stuff next year with new contract. Don't get me wrong, I hope they resign him, Ariza and Shannon. I want all 3 back, but I have to admit that is my worry about Lamar next season. Still, I would take that chance if he agrees to four year deal at considerably less than he is making now. 4 years at 8 million per or 4 years at 8.5 per. I would sign him then.

#16 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:41 PM

I agree 100% ^^
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#17 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:43 PM

Odom has ALWAYS been consistent in rebounding and defense whenever he started.

Laker fans tend to forget that Odom was the second option when we nearly beat the Suns in the first round with that bad squad. They conveniently forget that Odom led the Heat coming off a horrific season to a 2nd round appearance in the playoffs.

Odom is not as bad as people make. The question with him is his scoring. I don't expect his scoring to be consistent. He just is not a good scorer. But he will do everything else consistent. He will rebound, pass the ball, play D against 3 positions. That's what you expect from Odom.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#18 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:55 PM

Lamar shows up during the PO (minus last Finals, but then again so did everybody else), he is the opposite of Shawn Marion...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#19 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 06:05 PM

I am happy and skeptical.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#20 Base

Base

Casadee

• 4,376 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Ime udoka

Posted February 27, 2009 - 06:06 PM

If he played like this we might of had a championship already. Ok here is my concern. Will he be able to duplicate these numbers and his impact in the playoff WHEN IT MATTERS !!!.

Everyones numbers went down in the Finals (WAY DOWN), even Kobes numbers. Don't put the finals losses on Odom

Edited by Base, February 27, 2009 - 06:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users