• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#161 Sakata Gintoki

Sakata Gintoki

Rookie

• 103 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted August 16, 2008 - 10:04 AM

I agree. Spain played the worst match they´ve played in a entire decade. USA was too good. Spain played well but USA is unbeatable.

PD: I´ve found Pau and Aito´s reactions. But I didn´t find Bryant or another USA player reactions. Have any of USA players talked about the match?

Edited by Sakata Gintoki, August 16, 2008 - 10:15 AM.

#162 R0S4l3S<3

R0S4l3S<3

DSG FO LYFE!

• 2,147 posts
  • Name:Ashley
  • Fan Since:born laker fan!!!
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE all da way

Posted August 16, 2008 - 10:44 AM

USA is so gonna win again...they better

Edited by Ashley, August 16, 2008 - 10:44 AM.

Posted Image
"JUST SAY SHOOT" KOBE GOES IT ALL THE WAY"
"BEHIND EVERY SUCCESSFUL PERSON, LIES A TON OF HATERS"

#163 Sakata Gintoki

Sakata Gintoki

Rookie

• 103 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Pau Gasol

Posted August 16, 2008 - 11:13 AM

Please guys, what did Kobe said about the match once finished? I don´t find it anywhere.

#164 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2008 - 11:29 AM

thats not good because a young team that hasn't played together much like team USA now have the mental advantage

That was the gameplan for Spain. This game wasn't that important. Just first or second place, the other teams aren't going to win either Spain or USA. But USA played a great game

Edited by netlord, August 16, 2008 - 11:31 AM.

Posted Image

#165 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 12:52 PM

That was the gameplan for Spain.

NetLord, tu no seras del mismo Alcoy, no? Te lo comento por lo del Alcoyano y tal... :lol:

#166 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2008 - 01:43 PM

Yeesh, though Chicano's been raving about Rubio, I didn't really see much in this game from him. But, I suppose that's to be expected from a young player going up against superstars...

I'd like to see what he could become a few years down the stretch, but currently he doesn't seem like the kid phenom everyone makes him out to be. Having great games against the likes of the weaker leagues in Europe doesn't mean much since most teams play horrible defense (from what I've seen). I don't think youtube videos do him justice, but if the videos are supposed to be highlights of his abilities, I'm not impressed :huh:

He doesn't really have anything that makes you go :blink:

But, he does have good court vision, some height, and solid playmaking ability. He can slash to the basket and shoot, but this is all against European league defense, which is a joke. He definitely has the potential to be an above average star, but I'm not sure he can be a star in the NBA.

Unlike many foreign stars, it doesn't seem like he has any amazing strengths like a Tony Parker's ability to finish at the rack or a Ginobli's unorthodox style of scoring. He doesn't have the speed of a Leandro Barbosa or the scoring ability of a Dirk Nowitzki. It'd be best if he stay in Europe for another 3-4 years to improve his abilities and further develop physically before coming ot the NBA.

I hope he can become a superstar in the NBA, but I get the nagging feeling that he'll end up as only a solid PG. European Star doesn't usually translate to superstar in the NBA...

#167 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:06 PM

I was waiting for Rubio to do something crazy. He had that alley-oop, and a few good passes, but he's a kid. I see his potential.

#168 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:09 PM

Yeah, he's definitely got potential, but I haven't seen anything amazing from him as of yet.

The way Chicano raves about him you'd think he's a beast, but he seems just a tad above average. Whatever, he should stay 3-4 years in Europe before thinking about coming to the NBA.

#169 SaintNicholasVanExel

SaintNicholasVanExel

"Dont put that kind of pressure on him."

• 3,271 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Terry Teagle

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:13 PM

From some of the video I've seen, he is a beast. You're not going to be able to do much on Team USA's defense no matter who you are.

#170 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:18 PM

Remember, he IS playing against horrible D in the European leagues...

#171 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 02:24 PM

Remember, he IS playing against horrible D in the European leagues...

Can't say that, Pau also went against that same "D" in Europe.... Same did Nowitzki....
As I said in your post, he is 17, who at that age can say he is playing in top level basketball?... He will improve a lot.

No Lolo no soy de Alcoy, cabroncete :lol:

Edited by netlord, August 16, 2008 - 02:25 PM.

Posted Image

#172 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 16, 2008 - 04:34 PM

Yeah, he's definitely got potential, but I haven't seen anything amazing from him as of yet.

The way Chicano raves about him you'd think he's a beast, but he seems just a tad above average. Whatever, he should stay 3-4 years in Europe before thinking about coming to the NBA.

his fukin 17, what do you want from he?amazing? this guy makes one handed alley hoop passes at ease most players in the nba cant even make a 2 handed alley hoop pass let alone one handed. he has great IQ, did you see how many deflections he made. he has no choice but to stay another 3 years his only 17. you expect WAY to much for a 17 year old. at his age the way he plays he is a beast.
Posted Image

#173 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 06:53 PM

his fukin 17, what do you want from he?amazing? this guy makes one handed alley hoop passes at ease most players in the nba cant even make a 2 handed alley hoop pass let alone one handed. he has great IQ, did you see how many deflections he made. he has no choice but to stay another 3 years his only 17. you expect WAY to much for a 17 year old. at his age the way he plays he is a beast.

Yeah... at this same age, L.A.K.E.R is haciendose pajas in the meantime!!! :lol:

#174 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:17 PM

Chill man. It's just my personal view regarding him. Sure he's play at a high level for a 17 year old, but he hasn't shown anything amazing to me as of yet. If you don't agree with my views you can post your own views regarding the matter. You don't have to agree with me.

I'm sure today might've been an off day for him (seeing as he had more TO's than assists), but he wasn't all that people have been making him out to be. Again, this is all imo.

#175 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:19 PM

Yeah... at this same age, L.A.K.E.R is haciendose pajas in the meantime!!! :lol:

Becoming straws? :huh:

#176 Lakers818

Lakers818

Its killa california

• 1,811 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:31 PM

Chill man. It's just my personal view regarding him. Sure he's play at a high level for a 17 year old, but he hasn't shown anything amazing to me as of yet. If you don't agree with my views you can post your own views regarding the matter. You don't have to agree with me.

I'm sure today might've been an off day for him (seeing as he had more TO's than assists), but he wasn't all that people have been making him out to be. Again, this is all imo.

im chill dont worry about it im just sayin.
Posted Image

#177 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,761 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:35 PM

im chill dont worry about it im just sayin.

Alright

#178 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,921 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 09:40 PM

From some of the video I've seen, he is a beast. You're not going to be able to do much on Team USA's defense no matter who you are.

i was impressed from his youtube videos as well

but it was against inferior competition after all

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#179 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,589 posts

Posted August 17, 2008 - 12:57 AM

Don't worry man, I understand, It's good that we can have a different opinion.
But he will impress you with time, I can bet on that. :beers:

Edited by netlord, August 17, 2008 - 12:57 AM.

Posted Image

#180 LoLo

LoLo

Rookie

• 1,366 posts

Posted August 17, 2008 - 01:48 AM

Becoming straws? :beers:

How can I tell you, man? Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users