• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#81 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:08 AM

I over slept and started watching with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter - what'd I miss? Pau's looked good from what I've seen, how about Marc and Rudy?

#82 Mo Rings

Mo Rings

Fan since Hector was a pup!

• 543 posts
  • Fan Since:1971
  • Fav. Laker:All of 'em!

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:10 AM

So where is this vaunted Spanish team? Look like all the rest to me!!!!!!

#83 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:11 AM

Of course you're not impressed MDI, no offense but you're one of those many average Americans who hardly know crap about him so the first few times you see him, you think your opinion is completley worthy and you already know what the guy can and can't do. Well I'm here to tell ya' whether you like it or not, you're ridiculously wrong. He's not superman nor is anybody. People have off games & regardless, he's not playing that bad, but he's not showing his best either and he can't necessarily. He has limits put on him strictly by the coaching staff because this stuff is serious, he's one of the younger players, & so they don't trust him as much as they should and give him more freedom & leeway. I just laugh everytime I hear random people who hardly know ish about him make their little opinions like they think they're totally right & say oh he's overrated, I don't see anything special. Lmao, one day, you will ALL be proven wrong, you haven't seen the things I've seen & not everything can be found in highlight videos, I have SEEN a ton of this guy's games & some of the things he possesses are just special and can't be taught.

#84 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:14 AM

I over slept and started watching with about 6 minutes left in the 2nd quarter - what'd I miss? Pau's looked good from what I've seen, how about Marc and Rudy?

Marc is a banger...he doesn't have a refined post up game like Pau's, but he does a better job of establishing position. He looks kinda slow but he's all over the place on the court, helping out with inbounds and stuff when the guards are in trouble.

He plays hard and crashes the boards too....kinda stuck his arms out in passing lanes so it looks like he's a smart defender on D

He knew a small guy was on him (Kobe), so he immediately recognized that, demanded the ball, posted him up and got Kobe's 3 foul and got him out of the game.

He looks like a very smart player, im very impressed

Rudy Fernandez is scrappy...dude is a good passer. He gets away with a lot of contact on defense tho so he might be foul prone when he initially enters the NBA so he might have to adjust how he plays D

Melo was overplaying him so he went backdoor and got a nice alley oop dunk

Edited by MDI, August 16, 2008 - 07:16 AM.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#85 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:15 AM

Of course you're not impressed MDI, no offense but you're one of those many average Americans who hardly know crap about him so the first few times you see him, you think your opinion is completley worthy and you already know what the guy can and can't do. Well I'm here to tell ya' whether you like it or not, you're ridiculously wrong. He's not superman nor is anybody. People have off games & regardless, he's not playing that bad, but he's not showing his best either and he can't necessarily. He has limits put on him strictly by the coaching staff because this stuff is serious, he's one of the younger players, & so they don't trust him as much as they should and give him more freedom & leeway. I just laugh everytime I hear random people who hardly know ish about him make their little opinions like they think they're totally right & say oh he's overrated, I don't see anything special. Lmao, one day, you will ALL be proven wrong, you haven't seen the things I've seen & not everything can be found in highlight videos, I have SEEN a ton of this guy's games & some of the things he possesses are just special and can't be taught.

i stopped reading after you said that, im not gonna read the rest

i've been high on this kid for months now (even when he had the CL nba draft, the spanish team thread here on TLN and in CL)

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#86 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:16 AM

^ Well you shouldn't have, it's not gonna' kill you to read the whole thing. if we have to agree to disagree then that's fine, but I'm here to tell ya' you couldn't be any more wrong, as well as anyone else who possibly feels that way. You will ALL be proven damn wrong 100% & when that day comes, I will laugh my arse off & say I told you so about this kid.

Edited by Chicano, August 16, 2008 - 07:17 AM.

#87 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:17 AM

Good deal. I have a feeling Marc is going to start for Memphis next year and they have the potential to be a troublesome team. They'll still probably have a losing record, but they could be very interesting.

#88 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Considering we have key players in foul trouble and would-be foul trouble, I see the steals and pressure let up ABIT.....but Spain might just stick close...probably a lil more away from us with reference to the half time score.

#89 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:19 AM

I said i don't think he's NBA level talent right now...I don't think he's ready for the NBA

he's like what 17? he has light years ahead of him, he could definitely improve

He could improve his handles, bulk up, get more experience and play smart with the ball

Perhaps another 3-5 years in Europe can prepare him for the NBA

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#90 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:19 AM

blahh

Edited by Chicano, August 16, 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#91 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:25 AM

I said i don't think he's NBA level talent right now...I don't think he's ready for the NBA

he's like what 17? he has light years ahead of him, he could definitely improve

He could improve his handles, bulk up, get more experience and play smart with the ball

Perhaps another 3-5 years in Europe can prepare him for the NBA

3-5 years? are you bleepin' kidding me? Lmao.. the timeline is more set for 1-2.. & don't be surprised at all.. you HIGHLY underestimate & underrate this kid.. if only you'd know and had seen everything that i have.. I think you'd understand better & feel quite a bit differently.

On another note, to be honest, I've been following these guys longer than most here I'm sure outside of our pure full Spanish members, & I don't see as special qualities or as high upsides to Marc as I do in Ricky especially and some in Rudy. That being said, I still believe Marc should be a solid quality player, but nothing overly spectacular or all star level imo. I hope I'm wrong, but I just haven't seen anything of that level too much to convince me, especially consistently.

Spain must not be trying anymore or something. They come out with Raul Lopez over Jose Calderon or Ricky Rubio? WTF?

#92 BadScooter

BadScooter

Rookie

• 600 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:26 AM

"Jason Kidd with his first basket of the Olympic games!"

LOL

#93 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:27 AM

First attempt too probably nah?

#94 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,409 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:28 AM

You can't see one game of Rubio and see if he is good or not. On the other hand he is not playing that much.
Posted Image

#95 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:29 AM

navarro got away with 5 steps lol

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#96 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:29 AM

"Jason Kidd with his first basket of the Olympic games!"

LOL

Wait, that's really his 1st FG? His previous lil points are free throws is it?

#97 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:31 AM

You can't see one game of Rubio and see if he is good or not. On the other hand he is not playing that much.

i watched some youtube videos of him...thats a small sample of games but still it shows what he's got

like i said he's 17, its not the end of hte world for him

he'll be nba ready in 3-5 years

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#98 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,869 posts

Posted August 16, 2008 - 07:32 AM

Ricky/s in

lets see what he's got