• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#81 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:55 PM

You know what I mean. I meant before he say he is going to be better than Howard, who is generally recognized except on Lakers boards, as the best center in game today. You are saying Bynum will be better in 2 years. I am saying can we wait until Bynum plays past January instead of rehabbing a knee. Yeah you want to blame Kobe for hitting him in the knee, it was Lamar who was blamed last year. We will stick around and see who hurts him next year and hear that excuse.

I am with others in saying Howard is better at this moment. That was never my argument. I have always maintained the Bynum will be better in the near future. We can't really argue talent if we have to consider whether he will be injured. We have to take the injury variable out of the picture in order to have a legit discussion on the talent.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#82 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:56 PM

No... As great as Pau is, he is never a defensive anchor, ever...

He is superior to Bynum at scoring, but Bynum is the better defender, rebounder, can alter shots,an elite shotblocker, and can anchor the paint...
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#83 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:58 PM

I am with others in saying Howard is better at this moment. That was never my argument. I have always maintained the Bynum will be better in the near future. We can't really argue talent if we have to consider whether he will be injured. We have to take the injury variable out of the picture in order to have a legit discussion on the talent.

how do you take injury variable out of it when Bynum is hurt all the time? If Howard is durable and Bynum is injury prone, and I said IF, not that he is, but if that is case that has to weigh in Howard's favor. Look, I hope you are right. If Bynum is better than Howard in 2 years that makes LA 100 times better than they are now. They would have center better than Howard, Gasol in his prime, Kobe still hooping it and then the rest. I hope you are right.

#84 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 05:14 PM

The question was who is better and who will be better. Only God knows if Bynum will stay injury free for most of his career and if you find out from God that Bynum will never play much in the NBA due to injuries please have God tell Mitch. Mitch will do something about that this summer. :yes:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#85 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted March 01, 2009 - 06:20 PM

The question was who is better and who will be better. Only God knows if Bynum will stay injury free for most of his career and if you find out from God that Bynum will never play much in the NBA due to injuries please have God tell Mitch. Mitch will do something about that this summer. :yes:

well if you find out from God he isn't going to be injured once again tell me too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users