• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 06:44 PM

If you wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Paul I rest my case. As far as centers and offense, do you not think Howard might get off on offense if he had Kobe and Pau as teammates? You really don't think those 2 didn't help Bynum on offense? I would trade Bynum for Paul so fast it wouldn't even have time to make the messageboards. A great player or a possible great player, I will take the sure thing.

You don't recognize the importance of a big man compared to a small. Your case is rested on faulty thinking. In addition, Paul requires the ball in his hands constantly and his game is not well suited for the triangle. Playing off the ball for him is not his specialty. YOu also failed to see what I said about Bynum and Howard. I said Bynum will surpass Howard next year though presently he has not. Howard would require being set up for scores while Bynum will be a guy who will not only get his own shot but will set others up. B. Scott would trade Paul for Bynum in a heartbeat also so you have company, I am just glad Mitch wouldn't do that trade nor would just about every GM except of course the hornet GM. :shifty:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#62 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 27, 2009 - 06:52 PM

You don't recognize the importance of a big man compared to a small. Your case is rested on faulty thinking. In addition, Paul requires the ball in his hands constantly and his game is not well suited for the triangle. Playing off the ball for him is not his specialty. YOu also failed to see what I said about Bynum and Howard. I said Bynum will surpass Howard next year though presently he has not. Howard would require being set up for scores while Bynum will be a guy who will not only get his own shot but will set others up. B. Scott would trade Paul for Bynum in a heartbeat also so you have company, I am just glad Mitch wouldn't do that trade nor would just about every GM except of course the hornet GM. :shifty:

in another scenario i could see Bynum being traded for cp3, but with our cast Cp3 would not be the same player. Maybe Yao for Bynum, but the heALTH ISSUES, so no one
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#63 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:13 PM

I recognize the case of a big man against a small. We're not talking trading Bynum for Derek Fisher. Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA right now. Bynum will surpass Howard huh? What are you basing that on?

#64 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:27 PM

I recognize the case of a big man against a small. We're not talking trading Bynum for Derek Fisher. Chris Paul is the best PG in the NBA right now. Bynum will surpass Howard huh? What are you basing that on?

Better Length, touch, shot, footwork, size, passer, and future strength. Howard is way ahead of him in experience having played during his high schools while bynum started late in the game of basketball. Instinctively Bynum has a better understanding of the game while Howard is more athletic. Its only a matter of time before Bynum surpasses Howard. I hope it is the Magic versus Lakers in the Finals and we will get to see a a further test of him.

Edited by ab4sure, February 27, 2009 - 09:27 PM.

[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

PHIL JACKSON

#65 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,797 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:32 PM

Bynum will surpass Howard huh? What are you basing that on?

Um...

bynum may not be the better player but hes 10 times the post player howard is and has 100 times more touch and is a legit 7"1' not to mention hes about a year and a half younger than howard

andrew has things you can't teach length, soft hands, soft touch andrew will be the better offensive player when it all said an done just the question is defensively and rebounding which howard obviously holds an advantage

Taller, longer, better footwork, younger, better hands. Bynum, if he continues with his progression, will definitely become the better offensive player than Dwight Howard, but, as last stand mentioned above, the question is whether or not Bynum can match up with Howard as far as rebounding and the defensive end is concerned.

Dwight Howard is a hell of an athlete, a great physical specimen of a player, very strong, athletic, and big. But, as of now, his offensive game is raw, footwork nowhere near that of Bynum, but he makes up for it with his overwhelming strength. He's sort of like a Baby Shaq right now in the sense that he isn't relying upon his skills as much as he is on sheer strength on the offensive end. In addition, he's just a freak athlete at his size, which greatly helps him out on the defensive end.

At the moment, he's better than Bynum, but don't forget, he's nearly 2 years older than Bynum, but Bynum has already developed better skills than Howard. If Howard develops a greater post-game, better footwork, and expands his offensive skillset, he'll definitely become better than Bynum. But, as he hasn't expanded his game to that point yet, Bynum is definitely ahead of him in terms of offensive skills. Time will tell who'll be the more dominant big man.

#66 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:14 PM

Whatever guys. Ask anyone who isn't a fan of Lakers or Magic who they think is better between the two and who will be better 2-5 years from now. I now understand why Laker fans, at least many of them, would choose Bynum over Kobe. Of course many of those are same ones who wrote the season off when Bynum once again went down to a knee injury.

#67 ILLWiLL20

ILLWiLL20

Chick and Stu

• 5,071 posts
  • Name:WILL.I.AM
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Mamba

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:41 PM

Instinctively Bynum has a better understanding of the game while Howard is more athletic. Its only a matter of time before Bynum surpasses Howard. I hope it is the Magic versus Lakers in the Finals and we will get to see a a further test of him.

I am big supporter of Drew and have zero doubts he'll be one of the biggest superstar big men in the history of the NBA.

But you automatically assuming he'll be better than Dwight Howard shows your ignorance towards Dwight.

What makes you think Dwight isn't gonna get better?????
Posted Image

#68 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:22 PM

I am big supporter of Drew and have zero doubts he'll be one of the biggest superstar big men in the history of the NBA.

But you automatically assuming he'll be better than Dwight Howard shows your ignorance towards Dwight.

What makes you think Dwight isn't gonna get better?????

I gave my reasons in prior posts on this thread. So your showing ignorance by not looking at my reasons I already gave.

PHIL JACKSON

#69 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 28, 2009 - 09:15 AM

I think Paul would pick teams apart in the triangle. I think he would adjust his game. I think Paul can play in any offense. I think he would adjust if he came to LA.

Paul would pick teams apart for sure, yet he'd take the ball out of Kobe's hands, and Kobe would most likely get less shots. That's not how our offense works. We don't need a ball dominant PG.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#70 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,923 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted March 01, 2009 - 06:26 AM

In short, if we trade Bynum, then we are staking a lot of our future success on the shoulders of Lamar Odom.

I don't think that's smart. Odom has played very well over the last month, but his career history shows us that we shouldn't be too quick to rely on that.

Plus, Odom is in the middle of his prime, and could possibly be on the down-side of his career very quickly.

Also, I realize that Bynum is not as athletic as Dwight Howard; however, do we hear anyone talking about Dwight being expendable?

Bynum is locked up at a good price for a long-time know. No reason to hastily dump him just because we are also a championship-contender without him.

Very few players I would accept in return for him.

The list begins with Durant, and doesn't go too much deeper.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#71 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:10 AM

In short, if we trade Bynum, then we are staking a lot of our future success on the shoulders of Lamar Odom.

I don't think that's smart. Odom has played very well over the last month, but his career history shows us that we shouldn't be too quick to rely on that.

Plus, Odom is in the middle of his prime, and could possibly be on the down-side of his career very quickly.

Also, I realize that Bynum is not as athletic as Dwight Howard; however, do we hear anyone talking about Dwight being expendable?

Bynum is locked up at a good price for a long-time know. No reason to hastily dump him just because we are also a championship-contender without him.

Very few players I would accept in return for him.

The list begins with Durant, and doesn't go too much deeper.

Only in part would they be putting that much in Odom. Remember, the only way you could even remotely consider trading Drew is get a superstar back in return. So you would have that player, Pau and Kobe as well as Lamar. If you can't get a great player back you don't even think of trading Drew. His upside and potential makes him worth keeping around to see if he is as good as most Lakers fans think. Big centers don't come around that often.

#72 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:12 AM

Paul would pick teams apart for sure, yet he'd take the ball out of Kobe's hands, and Kobe would most likely get less shots. That's not how our offense works. We don't need a ball dominant PG.

I thought Paul played pretty well on Team USA with Kobe, Wade and LeBron getting most of the touches. As I said, I know what you are saying and don't disagree with it, but I just think Paul would adjust his game. I may be wrong, if I am it isn't the first or last time I'm sure.

#73 xplayforrealx

xplayforrealx

Rookie

• 350 posts
  • Fan Since:2002
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:41 AM

Yes, Bynum is expendable.

All players have their price, some more than others though ;). If we get a good enough offer for Bynum, then I'd trade him without hesitance. He isn't the next Shaq, or the next Dwight, whilst I think he will be good, he won't be OMFG good and therefore he is expendable.

And we would have to be drunk not to trade Bynum for Deron Williams :yes:

lol, bynum has alot better offense then dwight does. 50% of dwight field goals are dunks. Bynum has a way better hook shot than dwight does and he has way better footwork pluss he turns the ball over less often.
Mike Breen: Walton can tip it. Bryant with the save.
Hubie Brown: Oh you gotta get a shot here
Mike Breen: Final Seconds.. Bryant for the win, BANG!

Your signature violates forum guidelines.

#74 Guest_Nissan_*

Guest_Nissan_*

Posted March 01, 2009 - 09:45 AM

The only NBA scouts who would pick Bynum over Howard are ones who are the equivalent of Isiah Thomas.

Isiah is a very good scout. He sucks as a GM, but he's good at evaluating talent.

#75 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 12:13 PM

Isiah is a very good scout. He sucks as a GM, but he's good at evaluating talent.

I meant as Thomas as coach, but I agree he is good talent evaluter. He had some good draft picks. He should have been a scout though because as GM and coach he was horrendous. Probably bad example on my part.

#76 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 01:02 PM

The only NBA scouts who would pick Bynum over Howard are ones who are the equivalent of Isiah Thomas.

In two years you may change your answer. BTW Thomas immediately after the draft when the Lakers got Bynum wanted to work some kind of trade for Bynum. That could have saved his azz 4sure.

PHIL JACKSON

#77 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:45 PM

In two years you may change your answer. BTW Thomas immediately after the draft when the Lakers got Bynum wanted to work some kind of trade for Bynum. That could have saved his azz 4sure.

Before we put Bynum in the Hall of Fame, how about one season where he is actually around to help the team after January instead of rehabbing a knee? Is that really asking too much? In two years maybe I will change my mind, but it will be based on 2 seasons of play not 2 weeks or two months.

#78 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:48 PM

Before we put Bynum in the Hall of Fame, how about one season where he is actually around to help the team after January instead of rehabbing a knee? Is that really asking too much? In two years maybe I will change my mind, but it will be based on 2 seasons of play not 2 weeks or two months.

Never mentioned HOF. Also my view didn't take into consideration injury. I usually don't think a player is going to be a human bowling ball and ram a knee unexpectedly to another player.

Edited by ab4sure, March 01, 2009 - 03:49 PM.

PHIL JACKSON

#79 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:51 PM

Never mentioned HOF. Also my view didn't take into consideration injury. I usually don't think a player is going to be a human bowling ball and ram a knee unexpectedly to another player.

You know what I mean. I meant before we say he is going to be better than Howard, who is generally recognized except on Lakers boards, as the best center in game today. You are saying Bynum will be better in 2 years. I am saying can we wait until Bynum plays past January instead of rehabbing a knee. Yeah you want to blame Kobe for hitting him in the knee, it was Lamar who was blamed last year. We will stick around and see who hurts him next year and hear that excuse.

Edited by Pau16Kobe24Drew17, March 01, 2009 - 03:52 PM.

#80 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,102 posts

Posted March 01, 2009 - 03:52 PM

NO
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users