• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 08:06 PM

:nah: Boston fans would be really laughing at us if we were to trade Bynum. Everytime you see an opponent score a layup or a point inside the paint against the lakers which is common the last several games you will understand why we wouldn't trade Bynum. We are winning due to our offense lately. Mitch wasn't stupid before and he isn't stupid now. The only player I would trade him for is Lebron. I wouldn't trade him for D Howard. Howard is a top 3 center but Bynum will surpass him next year. His length and growing strength will be a difference against Howard in the future. Sure Howard dominated Bynum earlier this year when Bynum wasn't playing like he was before he got injured but he still has a greater upside than Howard both offensively and defensively. He just turned 21 while Howard is 23 and has played tons more basketball than Bynum. Bynum is a Keeper!!!! :dance1:
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#42 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 25, 2009 - 11:37 PM

^ Great post all around, completely agree with EVERYthing. I too feel he's got a great shot of being more dominant and better than Dwight Howard as well.

#43 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 25, 2009 - 11:52 PM

Why don't we just design a play where Kobe drives the lane and falls on to the opposing star big man's knee?

That would tell us if Bynum is injury-prone or just unlucky and it would even the playing field. Makes sense, n'est-ce pas?

Edited by GCMD, February 25, 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#44 udechukwu

udechukwu

KB24: Silencing opposing crowds for over a decade

• 128 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Fan Since:birth 1990
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 26, 2009 - 12:42 AM

i wouldnt want to see him go, whats wrong with changing up certain line ups depending on who were playing, sometimes starting sometimes he comes off the bench, but why get rid of such a good young player. IMO i think bynum should retire a laker, if im lucky. he should get pretty good

Where will amazing happen this year ?..... LA!!!
2009 NBA Champions
A Prophecy fulfilled.

#45 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 26, 2009 - 11:08 AM

:nah: Boston fans would be really laughing at us if we were to trade Bynum. Everytime you see an opponent score a layup or a point inside the paint against the lakers which is common the last several games you will understand why we wouldn't trade Bynum. We are winning due to our offense lately. Mitch wasn't stupid before and he isn't stupid now. The only player I would trade him for is Lebron. I wouldn't trade him for D Howard. Howard is a top 3 center but Bynum will surpass him next year. His length and growing strength will be a difference against Howard in the future. Sure Howard dominated Bynum earlier this year when Bynum wasn't playing like he was before he got injured but he still has a greater upside than Howard both offensively and defensively. He just turned 21 while Howard is 23 and has played tons more basketball than Bynum. Bynum is a Keeper!!!! :dance1:

You wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard or Chris Paul? Bynum isn't better than Howard and there is absolutely no guarantee he ever will be. How about Bynum staying healthy for a full season before we say he is or will be better than Howard.

#46 lakersmaniac

lakersmaniac

Rookie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:32 PM

Wow i cant even believe that you would even think about a guy like Thabeet. First of all, do you remember what the celtics did to us last year in the finals. They were tough and physical. Hopefully a guy like Bynum can be there to provide a little toughness. And just because we beat boston in the regular season doesnt mean that is necessarily how it is going to be in the finals. I dont know if you have been watching college basketball, i mean Thabeet is a good blocker but did you see how he got totally dominated by Dejuan Blair. Thabeet is just big, he is not tough. Maybe one day he will be tough but it certainly will not be any time soon. He needs to hit the gym.
Bynums injuries have been freak accidents but i guess i would consider trading him if he continues to be injured, but i think i would have a very hard time doing so

#47 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:35 PM

You wouldn't trade Bynum for Howard or Chris Paul? Bynum isn't better than Howard and there is absolutely no guarantee he ever will be. How about Bynum staying healthy for a full season before we say he is or will be better than Howard.

bynum may not be the better player but hes 10 times the post player howard is and has 100 times more touch and is a legit 7"1' not to mention hes about a year and a half younger than howard

andrew has things you can't teach length, soft hands, soft touch andrew will be the better offensive player when it all said an done just the question is defensively and rebounding which howard obviously holds an advantage
Posted Image

#48 GCMD

GCMD

All-Star

• 6,887 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 26, 2009 - 01:44 PM

Trading Bynum was not a smart suggestion when Kobe said it and I still don't agree with it now.

If Kobe doesn't land on Bynum's knee, we're talking about "Is Odom Expendable?" and discussing offseason plans to move him, not Bynum.

Calm down people.

#49 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 26, 2009 - 04:29 PM

bynum may not be the better player but hes 10 times the post player howard is and has 100 times more touch and is a legit 7"1' not to mention hes about a year and a half younger than howard

andrew has things you can't teach length, soft hands, soft touch andrew will be the better offensive player when it all said an done just the question is defensively and rebounding which howard obviously holds an advantage

The only thing Bynum is 100 times better than Howard at is getting injured. Andrew has things you can't teach? What do you think Howard has? When people tell me Bynum is better than Howard I just realize that fan is short for fanatic and that is where the word homer comes from. I am not for trading Bynum for Prince, Thabeet or stuff like that either, don't get me wrong. But, if they could trade him for a shortlist of players such as either LeBron, Chris Paul, Deron Williams or Dwight Howard I would do it in a heartbeat. Not going to happen so as GCMD said no use to get worked up over it. As I said, I am not saying trade Bynum for Prince or someone like that. I wouldn't trade Bynum for any 3 players combined in this upcoming draft.

#50 lyk13

lyk13

BACK 2 BACK NBA CHAMPIONS

• 4,722 posts
  • Fan Since:1999 (But reminiscent all the way back till 1960s, even 1948)
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant & Wilt Chamberlain

Posted February 27, 2009 - 01:38 AM

Bynum starting on the bench > trade

For real, LATimes already mentioned that the possibility is high for AB to start off the bench when he returns, being that the Pau-LO tandem is on high-swing for the postseason.

#51 ab4sure

ab4sure

All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:06 AM

Nope. Legit Centers are more valuable than Legit guards even in this day. I didn't say he was currently better than Howard I said he will be better and there are no guarantees but there are valid reasons I made which support my position. I didn't see your reasons.
[color="#DDA0DD"]•"Good teams become great ones when the members trust each other enough to surrender the Me for the We."

•"The ideal way to win a championship is step by step."

PHIL JACKSON
[/color][color="#DDA0DD"][/color]

#52 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 09:33 AM

Bynum starting on the bench > trade

For real, LATimes already mentioned that the possibility is high for AB to start off the bench when he returns, being that the Pau-LO tandem is on high-swing for the postseason.

i love that idea because it makes our center rotation more fluid and our bigs get more rest

instead of lamar with the second unit you pull powell in so he still gets playing time

pau
odom
luke
kobe
fish

and

bynum
powell
ariza
sasha/or shannon
farmar

that way our stars can get rest and while bynum dominates back-up front courts

it always should have been this way bynum was always more aggressive offensively than lamar so we should have assumed he would take more advantage of second unit bigs than lamar

lamar needs to feed off of the talent around him
Posted Image

#53 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 27, 2009 - 10:29 AM

I think Bynum would work great as a super sub, ala Kevin McHale. Bynum is best when he is the main option of the offense. Why not get him off the bench, and the minute he comes in, pound the ball down low?

Fits perfectly with the 3pt shooters of the 2nd unit as well.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#54 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:32 AM

I think Bynum would work great as a super sub, ala Kevin McHale. Bynum is best when he is the main option of the offense. Why not get him off the bench, and the minute he comes in, pound the ball down low?

Fits perfectly with the 3pt shooters of the 2nd unit as well.

exactly bynum getting hurt could have been the biggest blessing if this works out

once kobe, lamar, and pau leave usually the 2nd unit is just holding leads

with bynums automatic 2 points we could extend leads especially with our 3 point shooters and powell being a good mid range shooter

it would make things so much more fluid

and bynums shot blocking and rebounding would aid our 2nd units run and gun
Posted Image

#55 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,920 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:42 AM

if i were given the choice to trade bynum for howard, i would do it in a heartbeat, but thats just me. i love bynum (all the upside you guys have been mentioning, great footwork, great hands, legitimate size), don't get me wrong, but howard has PROVEN that he can consistently get his.

dwight's averages of 21 points/14 rebounds/3 blocks this year aren't a fluke, even though he's probably not that close to kobe & lebron, it's no mistake that he's in the top 3 for mvp voting

a trade like this will never EVER happen, but again, that's just me

2div

#56 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted February 27, 2009 - 11:58 AM

Pretty much most players are expendable but I would rather keep him.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#57 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,533 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 12:36 PM

if i were given the choice to trade bynum for howard, i would do it in a heartbeat, but thats just me. i love bynum (all the upside you guys have been mentioning, great footwork, great hands, legitimate size), don't get me wrong, but howard has PROVEN that he can consistently get his.

dwight's averages of 21 points/14 rebounds/3 blocks this year aren't a fluke, even though he's probably not that close to kobe & lebron, it's no mistake that he's in the top 3 for mvp voting

a trade like this will never EVER happen, but again, that's just me

you would never be given the choice
Posted Image

#58 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:34 PM

Nope. Legit Centers are more valuable than Legit guards even in this day. I didn't say he was currently better than Howard I said he will be better and there are no guarantees but there are valid reasons I made which support my position. I didn't see your reasons.

If you wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Paul I rest my case. As far as centers and offense, do you not think Howard might get off on offense if he had Kobe and Pau as teammates? You really don't think those 2 didn't help Bynum on offense? I would trade Bynum for Paul so fast it wouldn't even have time to make the messageboards. A great player or a possible great player, I will take the sure thing.

Edited by Pau16Kobe24Drew17, February 27, 2009 - 05:35 PM.

#59 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 27, 2009 - 05:41 PM

If you wouldn't trade Bynum for Chris Paul I rest my case. As far as centers and offense, do you not think Howard might get off on offense if he had Kobe and Pau as teammates? You really don't think those 2 didn't help Bynum on offense? I would trade Bynum for Paul so fast it wouldn't even have time to make the messageboards. A great player or a possible great player, I will take the sure thing.

I wouldn't trade Bynum for Paul.

PauL would be awful in the triangle and an even more awful fit with Kobe. It would be Gary Payton 2.0 (not as bad obviously). Deron Williams, I might do it. Deron would murder in the Triangle. He doesn't need to score to be effective, and doesn't have to have the ball in his hands 24/7 like Paul to be effective.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#60 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 27, 2009 - 06:12 PM

I wouldn't trade Bynum for Paul.

PauL would be awful in the triangle and an even more awful fit with Kobe. It would be Gary Payton 2.0 (not as bad obviously). Deron Williams, I might do it. Deron would murder in the Triangle. He doesn't need to score to be effective, and doesn't have to have the ball in his hands 24/7 like Paul to be effective.

I think Paul would pick teams apart in the triangle. I think he would adjust his game. I think Paul can play in any offense. I think he would adjust if he came to LA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users