• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:43 PM

Andrew's offense is a bonus, its a luxury, not a necessity...his defense however is a necessity and Habeet can bring it better than Drew on that end of the court. Also, we get to upgrade another position that we've been struggling in which is PG, where you don't need a traditional guard.

I still dunno where i stand on this though. I mean he is young and he has plenty of potential. But on the other hand 3 major injuries before the age of 21 is not a good thing either...

How long do you wait for Thabeet to actually contribute though? We know he wont play much his rookie season, Phil is our coach.

Bynum's offense is a luxury, but Thabeet only brings defense. We might as well bring Kwame Brown back to play defense if thats the case.

#22 Guest_Chicano_*

Guest_Chicano_*

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:43 PM

HELL NO!!!

I know Drew seems to be injury prone these past couple years but he is only 21!!!

He will heal and believe it or not , he'll grow to be even better than he already is!!!
Posted Image

DAMN. Look at where his head is and where his hand is, my goodness.

#23 MDI

MDI

Jesus Fan

• 35,929 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:47 PM

How long do you wait for Thabeet to actually contribute though? We know he wont play much his rookie season, Phil is our coach.

Bynum's offense is a luxury, but Thabeet only brings defense. We might as well bring Kwame Brown back to play defense if thats the case.

Yea i see what you mean, Phil doesn't like young guys. But he'd be stupid not to play a kid who's a defensive monster like him.

Thabeet only brings defense, but its not like he's gonna be going one on one here (not like Bynum did either and when he did he struggled)..he has better hands than kwame so you bet he's gonna score on those passes from easy looks Kobe's gonna create. A supposedly sacrifice on offense (little bit) is worth it, if we're gonna have a great defensive anchor controlling the paint.

9u6kvo.png

Props to sidthekid871

#24 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Not expendable.

Amazing how quickly people's memories dump everything. When Andrew first went down, it was all doom and gloom from analysts, fans and journalists. Now suddenly its leaking out how the Lakers might not need him and everything is hunky-dory without Bynum in the mix.

Aggravating.

The Lakers can win without Andrew - during the regular season. Come playoff time when the game slows down and pivot play becomes even more important, forcing Pau to play out of position yet again will yield nothing but disappointment. I love Pau, he's the best PF in the NBA this season - - - BUT - - - - the best use of him is not at the 5. The guy is a natural 4 that doesn't argue about the 5 and does an exceptional job there. But when physicality and the need to use both posts to make perfect use of the triangle comes about, one guy can't do it, no matter how good he is.

The Lakers need Andrew to be at their best.

#25 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts
  • Fan Since:1966

Posted February 25, 2009 - 01:48 PM

Andrew's offense is a bonus, its a luxury, not a necessity...his defense however is a necessity and Habeet can bring it better than Drew on that end of the court. Also, we get to upgrade another position that we've been struggling in which is PG, where you don't need a traditional guard.

I still dunno where i stand on this though. I mean he is young and he has plenty of potential. But on the other hand 3 major injuries before the age of 21 is not a good thing either...

Yeah and if gets a fourth one next year we will once again hear it is a fluke. Also, for most of the season he really wasn't playing that well, playing tentative. He had a good two or three weeks right before the injury and once he got aggressive bang he was injured again. He plays tentative and no injury, he starts being aggressive down he goes. Not buying these injuries are a fluke. I think he is injury prone and since I know LA won't trade him please let me be wrong on the injury prone part.

#26 Ethdude

Ethdude

Rookie

• 63 posts
  • Name:Sam
  • Fan Since:1991- Jordan almost made me cry that year.

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:04 PM

PAU16-You really need stop just making up things about how Bynum got injured. "He had a good two or three weeks right before the injury and once he got aggressive bang he was injured again. He plays tentative and no injury, he starts being aggressive down he goes." That is so far from reality and made up it should be removed from this thread.

Technically every player is injury prone if they all got injured how Andrew did(SOMEONE FALLING INTO YOUR KNEECAP), and with that said I'm not going to entertain a discussion that totally dismisses last years finals as if we lost solely because PP falls over when he attempts lay ups and gets 3-point plays. Sorry but dumb thread.

And yea it is funny how fast peoples memory banks get dumped.
The best sports franchise in the world.

#27 pound4pound

pound4pound

High Life

• 1,478 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:08 PM

Yeah and if gets a fourth one next year we will once again hear it is a fluke. Also, for most of the season he really wasn't playing that well, playing tentative. He had a good two or three weeks right before the injury and once he got aggressive bang he was injured again. He plays tentative and no injury, he starts being aggressive down he goes. Not buying these injuries are a fluke. I think he is injury prone and since I know LA won't trade him please let me be wrong on the injury prone part.

First off, it takes about a year to recover from the type of surgery he underwent last year and what happened when that year was up? 27pts 16rebs and 2blocks per game….and how can you validate the ‘injury-prone’ tag? Did you watch the Memphis game? Did you see the play? ANY player who gets their leg rolled on like that WILL go down….in ANY sport….its not like he dislocated his knee during practice or all of a sudden has a busted knee out of nowhere ala Oden
QUOTE ("Jerry Buss")
One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore

#28 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:26 PM

First off, it takes about a year to recover from the type of surgery he underwent last year and what happened when that year was up? 27pts 16rebs and 2blocks per game….and how can you validate the ‘injury-prone’ tag? Did you watch the Memphis game? Did you see the play? ANY player who gets their leg rolled on like that WILL go down….in ANY sport….its not like he dislocated his knee during practice or all of a sudden has a busted knee out of nowhere ala Oden

I can't validate and don't have to. The question was asked and I gave my opinion. I don't have to validate anything to you or anyone else on this board. If he isn't injury prone, you read I truly hope that is the case. I saw the play and I have seen others gets hit like that in the paint and not go down. Dwight Howard has never been hit in the knees in the paint? As I said, I hope and pray he isn't injury prone. I love the Lakers and Drew is a very good player when he is healthy. Kevin Ding has written he thinks Bynum may be injury prone or something to that extent. I can't validate he is injury prone, but you can't say 100 percent for sure he isn't either. Time will tell and honestly I hope and pray you are right and I am wrong.

#29 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:29 PM

yes he is very expendable he brings nothing to this team, absolutely nothing. matter of fact he is probably the Laker's best trade asset today. right now they would have been better off with Jason Kidd because at least he wouldn't be injured and would bring something new to the team for a change like a guy who can guard a PG for once.

Edited by wong63, February 25, 2009 - 02:31 PM.

#30 Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Pau16Kobe24Drew17

Rookie

• 700 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:30 PM

PAU16-You really need stop just making up things about how Bynum got injured. "He had a good two or three weeks right before the injury and once he got aggressive bang he was injured again. He plays tentative and no injury, he starts being aggressive down he goes." That is so far from reality and made up it should be removed from this thread.

Technically every player is injury prone if they all got injured how Andrew did(SOMEONE FALLING INTO YOUR KNEECAP), and with that said I'm not going to entertain a discussion that totally dismisses last years finals as if we lost solely because PP falls over when he attempts lay ups and gets 3-point plays. Sorry but dumb thread.

And yea it is funny how fast peoples memory banks get dumped.

I am not making anything up. Phil was on Bynum's butt for not rebounding and many fans who usually praise Bynum were griping about his lethargic play until as I said 2-3 weeks before the injury.

#31 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts
  • Fav. Laker:bynum

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:36 PM

Let's say you could work a deal with the Detroit Pistons and land Tayshaun Prince for Bynum and add-ons. Now you have a premier perimeter defender - much more important in today's NBA - as well as another Finals-tested All-Star caliber player. Meanwhile Detroit could put Bynum out there with a young core and try to build for the future, which is their new goal.

HAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!

Bynum for Prince? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest trade proposals I've ever heard in my life.

Ariza is going to be on Prince's level in a year or two. If we are going to trade Bynum for a wing, we at LEAST get Iguadala.
Gooden>> Lamar Odom. Mo Williams>> Ray Allen>> Gasol. Nene= Gasol.

#32 wong63

wong63

boy chef goin off up in the kitchen.

• Pip
  • 441 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:44 PM

HAHAHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!

Bynum for Prince? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I'm sorry but that is one of the dumbest trade proposals I've ever heard in my life.

Ariza is going to be on Prince's level in a year or two. If we are going to trade Bynum for a wing, we at LEAST get Iguadala.

Ariza = Prince's level? never... stop the foolishness

#33 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:53 PM

Ariza = Prince's level? never... stop the foolishness

Eff FG% allowed
Prince: 48.2%
Ariza: 48.7%

Ariza: 9 ppg, 4.5 reb, 2 assists, 47% FG, 33% in 27 minutes
Prince: 13.5 pts, 6.6 reb, 3.3 assists, 45% FG, 37% 3PT in 37 minutes

If Ariza were to play as many minutes, he's easily be putting up similar statistics. Their defense is very similar as well. Stop overrating Prince.

#34 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:53 PM

I fail to see any justification as to exactly how Bynum is expendable.

#35 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 02:59 PM

I fail to see any justification as to exactly how Bynum is expendable.

I mean, if Bynum kept on getting injured on the same knee, they MIGHT have a point. But the last injury was a freak injury that was not due to Bynum being brittle but a 220 lb man falling on your knee! That messed up Karl Malone's knee.

And even if we were to trade him...for PRINCE? ROFL!!! At least give us a budding wing player or power forward. We could have traded Odom for Prince if we wanted to.

#36 last stand 2.0

last stand 2.0

Legend

• 19,099 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 03:38 PM

this is people wanting us to give him up and telling themselves that we should so that they can be in denial that we have another budding superstar big man
Posted Image

#37 Savory Griddles

Savory Griddles

Bile

• 280 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Byron Scott

Posted February 25, 2009 - 05:54 PM

If Philly somehow dropped out of the playoff race and ended up w/ the #2 pick, I'd trade Bynum for the pick and Iggy. :lol:

#38 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:12 PM

Yea i see what you mean, Phil doesn't like young guys. But he'd be stupid not to play a kid who's a defensive monster like him.

Thabeet only brings defense, but its not like he's gonna be going one on one here (not like Bynum did either and when he did he struggled)..he has better hands than kwame so you bet he's gonna score on those passes from easy looks Kobe's gonna create. A supposedly sacrifice on offense (little bit) is worth it, if we're gonna have a great defensive anchor controlling the paint.

Thabeet isnt nearly physical enough, he got handled by that kid at Pitt, I mean guys are licking their chops to get at him. Bynum had fools licking their wounds after the physical thrashing he put on them
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

#39 lakerfool

lakerfool

Off The Bench

• PipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:17 PM

Thabeet always gets DESTOYRED by physical players. Kwame could hold post position. Thabeet would make Kwame look like Bill Russell on defense.

#40 kobynum

kobynum

Panic eliminator

• 10,358 posts
  • Name:LA Pharaoh
  • Fan Since:In Los Angeles, LA fandom is a birthrite
  • Fav. Laker:Mamba and Magic

Posted February 25, 2009 - 07:19 PM

Thabeet always gets DESTOYRED by physical players. Kwame could hold post position. Thabeet would make Kwame look like Bill Russell on defense.

WE AGREE...wow, hell hath frozen over
Again - this team, as currently constructed won't make it out of the second round of the playoffs, let alone the West or win the Finals.---fido on 2011 Lakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users